40 12
Thread
Printable Version

Updated-new US server in service now

Updated-new US server in service now

Hello, Since the new year of 2012, the capacity of our US server has been squeezed to its limit. So members may experience slow connection, low time buffering or other erros when using US server. I suggest members switch to our EU server if you can not use our streaming service. Our EU server still has quite enough capacity. And we are preparing new US server with double capacity of current US server. It's estimated that our new server will be available one month later due to huge data transfer. And if you lost poins, please send me a PM and I am happy to refund your lost points. Updated on 14th Feb. : Our new US has been put on duty since last week. Our members in north America are welcome to try our new more powerful US server.
We keep improving services for you.

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Thanks it's good to know the time frame for the new server

Thanks for the update.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thanks for the information. I'm a little confused though. The "stream not found" error message so many are experiencing on the US server does not appear to be connected with the high traffic issue. Show episodes loaded around 2.5 weeks ago can still be played on the US server without error message or streaming delay. Just my opinion, but it looks as if traffic is not the issue for the "stream not found" message. Perhaps it's to do with how these shows in the last two weeks or so have been loaded? Just a thought...

Reply 4#4 gdi3's post

I would of though the steaming not found was on the individual episode, for argument sake the episode loaded 2.5 weeks ago may have 10 to 20 people watching them at one time but episodes loaded this morning may have 100 or more because, i don't have a problem with old show but i do with the new episodes and i was even more surprised that one of the new free shows got past the streaming not found by using chrome instead of firefox [ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-24-2012 11:51 ]

Quote:
Originally posted by gdi3 at 1-24-2012 01:57 Thanks for the information. I'm a little confused though. The "stream not found" error message so many are experiencing on the US server does not appear to be connected with the high traffic issue. ...
Hello, Our source server distributes latest updates to EU and US server respectively. This progress usually takes minutes or hours. Now this progress may need days to complete on US server. So stream not found errors on some latest updates basically resullt from high volume traffic on US server.
We keep improving services for you.

Reply 6#6 lbjedward's post

"So stream not found errors on some latest updates basically resullt from high volume traffic on US server." Thanks lbjedward. Maybe I'm not being clear, sorry. It's not just the latest shows with stream not found but also shows uploaded to site about 2.5 weeks ago. They still have stream not found message on the US server even if I try to play them today. However shows loaded before 2.5 weeks ago are okay on the US server. This is why I can't understand that the stream not found message is related to traffic. Anyway, hope you had a good holiday.

Thanks for the information.

Reply 7#7 gdi3's post

The explanation for that is likely (NOT definitively) there are fewer people trying to watch an episode several weeks old, so the traffic on that episode is lower, thus enabling you to get a connection more easily.

Stream Not Found

I've gotten that error on really old shows, like, Season 3 of Dexter.

Reply 10#10 debkakes's post

Yes, you can get the error on any show, no matter how old. We are running on less capacity until the other server is fully operational. People's ability to get a connection will vary. Feel free to request reimbursement via PM to lbjedward, as stated in post 1.

How does one ask for refund? Cause I have seen so many half episodes lately - don't feel like paying full price for them. Information telling me to contact PM doesn't really tell me anything. More directions needed.

took some time but I think I figured it out - I hope...

Reply 12#12 megahag's post

You should send lbjedward a PM and he will be happy to refund your lost points but you should include a copy of your viewing history http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 9334&extra=page%3D1

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Thanks Jim. That was the thread I was going to direct them to.

Why are shows not being updated??????

Shows haven't been updated for WEEKS... what have we paid for?

Reply 16#16 killingbeck's post

You must be watching on http://vip.tv-video.net/ which was suspended from updates at the end of last year and will be closed down in May so you should be watching on http://viptv.net/ which is in the process of being improved

hmmm. A whole month! You say that the European server still has a large capacity. Unfortunately, It's next to impossible to stream anything on the European server unless it's at 2 a.m. local time (8 a.m. EST). I have not been able to watch a show for 2 weeks now and am starting to get annoyed. I bought a month's worth of unlimited viewing and all I'm getting is unlimited NOT viewing Hope you can solve the problem soon!

Reply 18#18 makvs's post

You should send lbjedward a PM and he should be able to extend your unlimited viewing but you should include a copy of your viewing history

Reply 18#18 makvs's post

codebreaker is correct. LBJ will gladly compensate for the lost time. You need to request it though.

40 12
Thread