Thread
Printable Version

New site crashing browser

New site crashing browser

Lovley look to the new site BUT It is crashing both firefox and safari when it goes to load a video? Anyone else having an issue?
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

did it with firefox but works fine with google chrome for me

Reply 1#1 philryk's post

Nope i watch an episode and it was loading quickly

Reply 1#1 philryk's post

Have you cleared your cookies as that might be the problem

Cookies cleared, rebooted machine, updated realplayer to latest version even downloaded a new beta firefox (3.5) Haven't ever had an issue like this it just falls over when trying to connect to load the show *shrug* will try fiddling some more Will look if google chrome is Mac OSX compatible

Reply 1#1 philryk's post

Using IE, I am happy to say I have been watching several episodes of Bleach this afternoon and all have played smoothly without any hitches.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply #6 trulee's post

What version of IE do you use?

i thought you needed firefox to play the videos?

Reply 8#8 bala's post

No i have tried IE 8 - Chrome and firefox they all work the only difference is IE opens for me is a new tab but i prefer the pop up screen because you can move it around and surf the web at the same time

Reply 8#8 bala's post

It's recommended, but not a requirement.

My MAC never has been able to use the old crappy version of IE that is what is available for Apple Mac's so that is not an option. Have done every update to my system that I can find and nothing working at the moment According to my console the error is when the browser tries to open the realplayer plugin [ Last edited by philryk at 5-22-2009 16:53 ]

Ok Here is as much information as I can think of to provide at the moment, any advise? Details on machine and what I have done to try and view videos I have an old G4 Powerbook Mac (non-intel) Failed - crashed during load with Firefox Cleared cookies Failed - crashed during load with Firefox Tried with the same result with the following browsers Safari Firefox beta (3.5) Camino Omniweb Updated OSX tried all again - same result Deleted Realplayer and all plugins Installed Realplay 10 tried all the browsers again the same problem Deleted RP10 Installed Realplayer 11 tried all the browsers again - the same problem Tried Explorer 5.? (the latest one that you can get for my machine) Tried Realplayers own built in browser tried Stainless All fail to load the videos ;( Out of ideas now - not very happy to be honest. Never had an issue like this before the upgrade today and been using the site since before the vip channel was active.

Yep, Safari and Firefox on mine (not the newest) Intel Mac are constantly crashing, while trying to see any videos, since the new site was introduced Btw, after each crash, Safari suggests that the cIntcore plug-in is failed. Not sure if this is of any help. ETA: At least in my case, browser crashes have nothing to do with the USA server. I usually use the EU server, however, since yesterday both of them crash in exactly the same way. [ Last edited by Lince at 5-23-2009 09:02 ]

Thanks for the feedback on this all. I'll make sure our admin team are specifically aware of the problems mac users are having.

Same Problem Here!

I'm having the exact same problem and it is so frustrating! I have been unable to watch anything. The minute that it tries to load a video it crashes my entire browser whether I'm using Firefox or Safari. I've restarted, cleared my cache and cookies, and tried to watch directly through RealPlayer and nothing has changed. I love love love this site and I hope that someone is looking into this problem. I'd really like to know if anything is being done or if anyone has any other ideas of what is causing this. Thanks for everything you guys do and for this wonderful site! The new look is great! I just wish that it was better for Mac users...

Reply 15#15 brittmarie033's post

Admin is aware of the problem with Mac's being incompatible and has the tech team working on the coding. Here is a link to what one member had to say re: this issue.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thread