38 12
Thread
Printable Version

New Viptv Site Discussion

New Viptv Site Discussion

I know there is a poll created by IBJ but i wanted discuss the new features of the new site
  • You can see what members are watching
  • Now you keep track how much points you been charged per episode in member centre
  • The Episodes actually have titles
What more can we ask

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I was hoping some new shows would have been included with the update. New site looks good though

Reply 2#2 slade01's post

i'm sure added within next few days you need understand that last few months there busy test new system now that launched the new shows should added by end of next week would be my guess but please don't quote me on this as i'm not sure when they will get added.

Reply #3 bala's post

I talked to LBJ and he said they would be added within the next week. I couldn't wait at all for them to come last night...it was like being a 5-year old on Christmas Eve ! The only con I have with the new site is there may not be a picture of what's coming soon...it keeps us anticipating something.

Reply 4#4 redsoxpatriot30's post

A lot member are unhappy about changes espically since some member can't watch the episodes since browser keep crashing. Some members don't like way episode organised back to front it's odd episode 22 at top when suppose to be at the bottom. A lot member prefer old design but that the problems changes you can't please everybody i suppose give few days member will accept it.

well, the top 3 problems of the old site have all been made worse. So my 1st impression of the new site "FAIL". #3:show category fail. The old site had comedies in the drama section, dramas in the action section, and so on. I guess they technically fixed this problem, no more categories. #2: site speed fail. For a pay site, you would think you would be able to upgrade your equipment as your customer base grows. This new site reminds me of trying to look at websites using a 12k dialup modem on my moms computer 15 years ago. #1: viewing history fail. It used to drive me nuts that you couldnt sort the viewing history by show (as charming as it is digging through pages of history to find the last episode of a show you watched 7 months ago only to find your history has been deleted). The new history doesnt even have em sorted by date. IDK, maybe random is good? Aside from my top 3 fails, the new site looks good, all black and shiny. You just need to get microsoft to change thier page load error and network timeout pages to your new black shiny theme and you'll be all good.

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 22-5-2009 15:34 A lot member are unhappy about changes espically since some member can't watch the episodes since browser keep crashing. Some members don't like way episode organised back to front it's odd episode 22 ...
Im the one who can't watch any shows as the pop up window crashes my browsers I've now tried 8 different browsers and 2 versions of realplayer and still no joy If anyone has any suggestions please respond on my thread. This is the only way I watch TV as my tastes are completely different to my husbands and my schedule means I am not here when my shows are aired
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

After looking at the posts on the poll thread there is a deffinate problem with the configuration of the new sites and Apple Mac machines. As several members report issues with it crashing browsers. Now as my husbands works just fine and he has a spanking new intel mac I am assuming that these are all non-intel (powerpc) macs and the links are not configured correctly. I have tried to contact CS online but no response at present

Reply 8#8 philryk's post

When you uninstalled Real Player did you clean uninstall? That makes a big difference.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

apple user and new look

hi guys, absolutely loooooooooooooooove the new look! specially that now the episodes have names. The design is gorgeous! Congratulations!! unfortunately I am one of the mac users that have their browsers crashed everytime i trie to watch something. i really hope it is a fixable problem, because i would hate (better: it would crash my addicted heart) to not be able to use the site anymore. as a lot of the other users i've tried different browsers with the same results. the same thing happens with movieonlie.cc. i cannot watch any movies there from my mac. (mine is a new intel mac and it still doesnt work) hope it all gets fixed soon. again L O V E the new look!! (complement) and i have to agree with suburbonite08 about the viewing history. that also drives me crazy. it would make a lot more sensce if we could sort the viewing out by the shows. [ Last edited by alexgirl at 5-22-2009 11:01 ]

Reply 9#9 waterlilybarb's post

Yup fully clean ... removed app and plug ins before reinstall Looks like its new and old Mac's tho looking at alexgirl's post I will be gutted if it doesn't get fixed

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 5-22-2009 05:08 I know there is a poll created by IBJ but i wanted discuss the new features of the new site
  • You can see what members are watching
  • Now you keep track how much points you been charged per epi ...
  • What more can I ask for..........well for the site to actually work!!
    Lucky Spencer = Hotness

Reply 12#12 Sweetp's post

I'm sorry you and some others are having such trouble. It must just be some operating systems having problems. Today I watched the new So You Think You Can Dance episode and an episode of Castle.
    Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 13#13 waterlilybarb's post

Yes please give it time we expected there would be some teething problem when site was launched and we were hoping our member who stuck with us for some time would at least be patient through these difficult times i'm sure the admins are working these problem and i'm sure in few weeks everything will be back to normal right now I'm sorry certain members are having problem espically member apple mac system.

This is from the admin about the problem
    Quote:
    Updated on May 23: We are so sorry about issues of slow loading and browser crashed. The cause we convince is poor connection and communication capacity of our US server provider whose service is excellent before, resulting in lots of unexpected problems in database server and US source server. We have contacted them to check out and they said the problem can not be solved in short term. Our technical support work around the clock to optimize coding and move all sites hosted on US server to a brand-new server located in EU. Test results show that connection is normal now. But connection of US source server can not be improved right now. If your viewing experience is worsened via US server, please try EU server. We will still keep eyes on sites and do anything necessarily to solve any potential problems. I also appreciate you all for your great suggestions and advices. Please continue to post anything you want to say about improvement of new site. We seriously take your advices into consideration and will apply some that are brilliant and possible soon.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Thanks for the update, Bala. I was wondering what was going on.

"NEW" SIte & Service are Awful. I Want A Refund.

Bala, you or your other moderators have not responded to my previous posting (see below). Please address my questions and reply to me asap, thank you: ===== Horrible!!! I cannot tell you how truly disappointed I am with the "NEW" site. For starters, for weeks you have been teasing us with this innovative, new site that was coming soon. There is nothing new here, all you did was copy the same web/design style you are currently using on your movie site (www.movieonline.cc). This site has become a waste of time. I'm very upset about this as I have been a big fan/user of your site since the very beginning and have spent a lot of money with you. Your decision to forgo function for style is very disappointing. For example, if I want to watch a season of a particular show why must I navigate through 3 or 4 pages to see all of the shows for that season??? Just list the available episodes for each season on one page like before!!! Same goes for FREE shows, just list the links to all available free shows in one easily accessible box. Who wants to waste their time waiting waiting for multiple pages/images to load??? And how are we supposed to know which new shows and episodes have been added without the color coding??? Seriously, (on the Home page) no one cares about which shows are "Playing Shows" and which shows are "Promoted Shows". Change the "Playing Shows" to "Coming Soon" and the "Promoted Shows" to "Newly Added" - this is a very simple fix that would take your IT Team less that 10 minutes and cause no down time whatsoever. You also failed to mention that with this "NEW" change you would no longer be providing service to Mac users. As you have already taken our money, will you be providing FULL REFUNDS to all Mac VIP Members who request them? It is highly unprofessional of you to reply so flippantly to members concerns by telling them: "...there [they] been working 2 months so you just have get used to it." This is not a FREE service. We (the VIP Members) pay you for a service. I certainly hope this is due to a language barrier. I FRANKLY DO NOT CARE HOW THE SITE LOOKS, I ONLY CARE THAT IT WORKS!!! I recently purchased an additional $100 USD worth of points from you. I have not yet used those points. Please tell me how to go about requesting a full refund and canceling my membership to your site. Thank you for you time and attention, I am sad it has come to this point.

Reply 17#17 jerseyjules88's post

simple send a pm to the Admins ibjedward should take care of it [edited because member didn't like the smiley face ] [ Last edited by bala at 5-23-2009 12:48 ]

Reply 17#17 jerseyjules88's post

Hi Jersey, let me firstly say that Bala is not a moderator here but a contributing forum member. I'm sorry that you are having these problems and it seems to be a common issue across the board. Ibjedward did post this morning that there is a known issue with the US server and they are working on it as we speak. This is why the site is taking so long to load and why some people cannot log in at all. I understand your frustration, but would ask you to bear with us a little longer until we can get the server stable. As for your layout suggestions, please do feel free to send them directly to ibjedward as I'm sure he will welcome your feedback. Shinny

MY LITTLE RANT

As allways a major change happens and everyone comes out shouting!! WHY not give it a few days let people behind the scenes who work VERY hard do what they do best and work on the modifications that can only be found out once the site goes live............................ GIVE THEM SOME SPACE PEOPLE
    The Mod Police Are Watching You

38 12
    Thread