Thread
Printable Version

Glee Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episodes 1-5

So I finally got around to watching Glee and caught up on all five episodes. I really like this show. It's very different to anything that's out there and funnily enough, and before I watched with Kristin Chenoweth in this last episode, it sort of has a bit of the Pushing Daisies vibe to it.

Loving the flight of the bumble bee piece when the slushy is making it's way to it's next victim.

Poor Sue, although we knew we couldn't have soft touch/loved up Sue for long. She's better when she's being mean and sarcastic:

Sue: Schuester!
Will: Yeah.
Sue: I'll need to see that set list for sectionals after all. I want it on my desk warm from the laminator at 5pm and if it is one minute late I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat and then on some dark cold night I will steal away into your home and punch you in the face.

Funny!

1x09 Wheels

I really liked this episode. You just knew it was leading up to Sue having a sister with Downes but even though I knew it was coming it was a very touching moment when she was reading her sis the story.

I really hope it comes out soon about the baby. It's beginning to annoy me now.

Agree that we need to see more of Kurt's Dad. His son being gay is opening up a whole new world to him and it's great to see his "cave man" character developing.

You just knew when everyone was around the cup cakes that they had a "special" ingredient.

Glad to see more of Artie/Tina in this one.

Finally got to watch this episode at last! Brilliant one. What a great actor Matthew Morrison is. Those scenes with him and Terry, wow, intense !! I'm so glad it finally came out though. I was getting fed up with it.

So is Will going to stop Emma from marrying Ken? I sure hope so!!!

Can't believe next week is the last

Only getting a chance to post on this now. They really were the best two episodes of this season. I loved that it ended that way. Will and Emma are supposed to be together, but we know Terri is not going to take that lying down.

Now, did anyone remember Terri saying that she come home early because she was tired and then she said she hadn't been sleeping well. Not surprising as her husband has just left her. But, does anyone else think she might now actually be pregnant and this will scupper things for Emma and Will when the show returns? I know she wasn't letting Will near her because she was afraid he would find out that the bump was not real, but perhaps it was before that and she never thought to check? I guess we'll see, but that's my theory.

I'm so glad that Finn finally found out, about time. It was so funny that the judges didn't really care who would win. That made me lol. And the part were Sue finger kissed Will was hilarious "Love ya like a sista" - haha!

Glee returns tonight with an all new episode.

Hell-O Glee returns with a bang: new couples, new songs and new attitude. Rachel and Finn have a rocky start to their relationship at the same time that Will and Emma try to find a way to be together. After sectionals, New Directions focuses on Vocal Adrenaline, their new competition that may offer new love interests as well.

So glad this is back and a great episode to kick it off.

Wasn't it very obvious what Jesse St James was up to, but I'm glad Finn hasn't given up on them and is prepared to fight for their relationship. You can see him picking up the pieces soon!

You've got to love Brittney's one liners, she's hilarious!!!

I suppose they had to go this route with Will and Emma because they couldn't become the happy couple yet. We need more drama where these two are concerned.

Reply 110#110 gabsimom's post

"Sometimes I forget my middle name"

Reply 113#113 themegababe's post

You could be right Meg, the old double play. Making us think one thing, when the opposite is happening. I was thinking that he might start out doing it "for the team" but end up really liking Rachel.....we'll have to wait and see.

Me too, loved Finn this episode.

The Power of Madonna

It's hard to know what's going on with Jesse Meg, I agree. He could really have done that for Rachel, or maybe it's all part of the big plan!!

I was really looking forward to this episode and it didn't disappoint! The songs were great, loved Sue's piece too.

Why did you think Finn was lame in this episode Meg? Was it because he slept with Santana? I think it would have been less realistic if he didn't, to be honest. Guys are girls certainly don't think alike when it comes to that!! lol.

Oh and another great Brittany line:

"Mr Schuester, is he your son?"

*Edit*

Oh and what about Kurt and Mercedes defecting to the Cheerios!? I can kind of understand why they did but you know Sue is going to use this to her advantage in the future!

[ Last edited by shinny at 4-21-2010 09:51 ]

Bad Reputation

Really enjoyed this episode. Molly Shannon is so funny and will be a great nemesis to Sue!! I'm glad Emma did stand up to Will, although Sue coaxed her into it. She was right to say that to him though.

I love how Sue managed to turn around the video into her favour and with Olivia Newton-John. Great!

Don't you just love Sue when she's with her sister?

Best lines:

Brittney: I’ve been here since first period. I had a cold, and I took all my antibiotics at the same time, and now I can’t remember how to leave.

Sue: I may buy a small diaper for your chin because it looks like a baby's ass

Artie: I don’t know guys, I’m starting to get cold feet. Brittney: Can you even feel your feet?

Sue: "Don’t start with me, Castle, or I will kick you straight in the taco."

*Edit*

Oh and my favourite song was Total Eclipse of the Heart. Brilliant. I have to say I love Jesse's voice.

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-5-2010 17:39 ]

Reply 130#130 ritac-p's post

Hey there you should check this thread (Fix the Bugs - Member's Challenge) as it's handy for known issues. This was actually reported by me last week.

Send a PM to lbjedward and he will refund you the points => PM lbjedward

Loved Jesse's Girl and Kurt singing Rose's Turn. He was the star of the show tonight.

One = woeful! They tried to do the Mary J Blige version and I never liked that. You don't touch a U2 Classic and try to put a pop spin on it.

The Puck and Merc storyline was brilliant. I love Puck, we should see more of him.

Brittany brilliant as always. "Who's that guy?" and smiling away when Rachel was clearly singing out of key. Brilliant.

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-12-2010 23:30 ]

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-12-2010 23:35 ]

While I agree that Kurt's father was right to stand up for his son I partially agree with Finn's reaction. Obviously not how he stated it. But, Kurt has feelings for Finn. It's not like Finn would be sharing with just a gay guy (which he shouldn't have a problem with) but he's sharing a room with a guy who's crazy about him and Finn knows this. So yes, Finn's reaction is probably normal. I'm sure I wouldn't like sharing a room with a guy who was crazy about me and I wasn't about him!! You can liken this situation. It would just be awkward and wrong!

All that aside. I liked this episode but I don't think they show cased Lady GaGa's music very well. I quite like her and feel her music is different and better than a lot of rubbish in the charts.

Lastly, I'm sorry but Rachel's Mum saying she wanted a baby not a grown up child was stupid in my opinion. Regardless of this Rachel is her daughter. Yes, there is no relationship with her but I think that very few people would walk away from the child they gave up many years before. Forgetting the mother/child thing, these two could quite easily have been friends. They've so much in common. That didn't sit well with me, to be honest.

I really enjoyed the scenes between Will and Sue in this episode. I felt so sorry for Rachel in this episode, but they got Vocal Adrenaline back really well by the end!

I was very disappointed with this Finale of all the Finales if I'm honest. Very bland.

Reply 20#20 waterlilybarb's post

It really was a well made episode. Because of how Glee is, this had so much more of an impact. I know I somewhat took the shock factor off for you Barb, but I don't think anyone would have expected "shooting star" to refer to a school shooting!

I'm the same, I knew Becky was involved when Sue said it was her. It obviously all will come out but I wonder what will happen to Becky?

Reply 22#22 waterlilybarb's post

Oh, they did a pre warning on the TV? Yeah, well I had no iota anything was up, so it had maximum affect on me!!

Reply 24#24 waterlilybarb's post

Ah ok, lol!

Thread