36 12
Thread
Printable Version

Glee Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Refusing to read anything above this post, as I haven't watched this week's episode yet.  I recorded it, and have forgot for the past 2 nights (while I sat with NOTHING to watch) that I have Glee & Castle to watch.  Sometimes, I have to wonder at myself, and what has happened to my brain.  I HAVE been having a Farscape fest recently though, so it hasn't been all for nought. LOL!  Am so tired tonight, and am hoping that sleep will actually come, rather than just teasing me.  Planning to ignore the phone and doorbell tomorrow morning - unless the building is on fire, and maybe even then, if it's self-contained.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 136#136 codebreaker's post

I actually liked their duet - was glad it wasn't a sentimental song, as it wouldn't really have been fitting for the type of relationship they have.  That dress Rachel's dads made WAS hideous though. LOL

Reply 138#138 gabsimom's post

I am not at all into Lady Gaga, and didn't even know the duet Rachel & her mother did was one of her songs.  I just was glad it wasn't something sickly sweet.  I kind of thought the choice a bit ironic and lighter, and some of the lyrics could have meaning to them.

I thought the speech Kurt's Dad gave was great.  I think Kurt & Finn will be friends (especially after the incident in the boys room at school), but I think it was important for Kurt to hear his father say what he did.  It was rather harsh on Finn, but his priority is his own son.

Reply 142#142 shinny's post

I'm just not familiar with Lady Gaga's music, I really have no opinion for or against it - so I find it hard to say how well they showcased it in the episode.  The theacricality of it was great though...and most of the costumes were great.

Oh, and the Principal thinking vampires are real was hilarious!

I completely understand where Finn was coming from, and would never want to be put in a situation like that either.  What I agreed with was the way Kurt's Dad stood up for not letting derogatory language about his son, though it wasn't said in that context, used in his home, and equating it to other terms that most people would know better than to use.  Bigotry in any form should not be tolerated just because it wasn't "meant" that way.  I think Kurt understood that, and that he & Finn will be able to be friends & hopefully he'll get over his feelings for him, if he hasn't already.

As for how Rachel's mother reacted, I understand it, as I know a couple different women who gave up their babies for adoption.  Neither went through the proper counselling prior to meeting their children, and it turned out bad.  They still thought of them as their babies, and the kids had parents.  You can't get those years back, but some try - and it can backfire in terrible ways.  At least she was honest about how she felt, and they said they would acknowledge one another "for now", so I could see them becoming friends in the future.  I would hope Rachel gets some counselling before then so she knows better how to process it.

Reply 146#146 shinny's post

I couldn't stop laughing when Will was trying to be "sexy" for Sue - SO wrong. LOL   Another scene that was kind of a "so wrong" one, was Terri kind of coming on to Finn.  Plus - he can NOT pull off doing rap.  He wasn't awful, but it just wasn't quite right.

I felt really bad for Rachel too.  I liked that they caused Vocal Adrenaline to be in a "funk" by the end of the episode.

I just finished my Glee-a-thon.  I had recorded most of the epis, but have honestly felt so crappy (epsecially with the migraines) that I couldn't bear to watch a show with all the music when I couldn't enjoy it.

This season has been great so far.  I love the guest starts they've had - all of whom I have always enjoyed hearing sing, so that was a treat.  

Poor Kurt.  I think every school should have a zero tolerance policy re: bullying.  For him to have to change schools just to feel safe is sad.  I LOVE that we get to hear The Warblers though.  I quite like them.

The wedding was great - or should I say weddingS.   Sue's was just peculiar, but I love how she is with her sister, and meeting her mother - who was just a terrible parent (as much as I love Carol Burnett) explained a lot as to why Sue is so awful.

OMGoodness! How do you get to be 17 and be as dumb as Brittany?!  I love how everyone pulled together for her so she could still believe in Santa (a little innocence isn't so bad when it comes to her), but good Lord...the girl believed in a magic comb!  Seriously - how is she not in special ed?  Mr. Shu taught her the 2nd half of the alphabet?  The character makes me laugh (and boy she can dance - plus I really enjoyed the Britney/Brittany episode [and I definitely agree with Meg - she looks a LOT like Britney]), but it kind of makes me sad to think of the state of education, because I bet there are quite a few students like her.

Rocky Horror was fun - and I see from the comments that Gary got a chuckle from it too.  We (my friends & I) used to do the Time Warp in the schoolyard when I was in about 7th or 8th grade, so I was all for taking "a jumo to the left...".

Emma got MARRIED!  Poor Will. And she married John Stamos. LOL!  I wanted to see him as Frankenfurter. LOL!  But that would have been inappropriate.  Seeing as he's a dentist, maybe we'll get something from Little Shop of Horrors later this season.

Now I have to wait until February like everyone else, but that was fun!  I do love me some Glee!

Reply 40#40 bala's post

I agree she IS naive about a lot of things, but she's definitely not the smartest cookie.

I forgot to mention Coach Beiste.  I really like her.  I also like the new kid.  He can sing and, although he's kind of superficial (not that uncommon for a high school student), he seems like a decent guy.  I liked that he (and the other Glee members) felt genuinely bad that he/they hurt Coach Beiste's feelings by using her as a "cold shower" and that he (and the other Glee/football guys minus Finn) stood up to Karaovski for Kurt.  

I also forgot to mention Rachel & Finn.  Now she's REALLY naive if she thinks what she did is at all the same as what Finn did when they weren't even a couple.  Poor guy is gonna wind up with a major complex.  

The episode Duets was on again tonight, and I just have to say how magnificent a voice Chris Colfer, the actor that plays Kurt, has.  Both of his numbers literally gave me chills.  His vocal range is unbelievable, and I think he has the best voice of that type I've heard in years.  The duet with Rachel at the end where they did the classic Barbra Streisand/Judy Garland duet of "Get Happy" and "Happy Days Are Here Again" was superbly done.

Reply 60#60 codebreaker's post

I watched that epi & the new one last night.  I agree - the lack of sex ed was beyond disturbing.  I REALLY hope there aren't too many Brittany's out there (though quite a few of them were pretty cluesless).

I liked the original songs they used for regionals, but the other ones were hilarious.  "Trouty Mouth" almost made me choke - I was laughing so hard.

Reply 64#64 codebreaker's post

When he sang Fat Bottomed Girls as a "love" song the other week, I wanted to slap the crap out of him.  Big A$$ Heart was better, but funny. lol

Reply 72#72 codebreaker's post

I'm delighted Kurt is back.  I love Chris Colfer's voice, and we weren't getting enough of it with him on The Warbler's.

I was a surprised that Quinn had changed so much.  I wouldn't have expected her character to be formerly so different.  I did find it amusing that Lauren's plan backfired though.

I also got a kick out of some of the things they chose to put on their t-shirts.  And I was glad to see Emma finally starting to get some help.

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

I loved the rendition of "Girls Just Want to Have Fun". The arrangement was absolutely beautiful.

"Abuela" is spanish for Grandmother. It was sad that Santana's Grandma turned her away, but very realistic, which is something I appreciate about the show. They don't make it seem like everyone accepts homosexuality and that, for some, coming out means losing more than superficial things.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 12-5-2011 00:09 ]

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Definitely an intense episode.  I wasn't expecting the school shooting at all, but had an inkling Becky would factor in somehow because of her conversation with Brittany near the beginning of the episode.  I didn't expect that outcome though.

Reply 21#21 shinny's post

I'm curious as to what will happen to Becky too.  Will is bound to figure out that she was somehow involved because of what Sue said as she left.  

Honestly, even with the pre-warning, I had NO idea what was coming.  it was definitely surprising.

Reply 23#23 shinny's post

No, I meant the pre-warning I got from you that something in the episode was unexpected. LOL!

5x04 The Quarterback

Talk about a tear-jerker!  This episode had me bawling from the beginning.  I think they dealt with such a difficult topic very well.  I also appreciated that rather than dwelling on the "how", the focused on the loss for all who loved him.  The scene with his mother, step-dad & Kurt just broke my heart.  It was good to see they showed how such a loss affects so many people in their lives, because sometimes people, and especially young people, don't really think about how devastating such a loss is for those that take care of everyone else and seem to be OK.  The last scene with Mr. Shue kind of drove that home.  For me, yes, it's sad that another young actor has died (from drugs AGAIN), but I think it made me cry because it brought to mind how many young people I have known who have died.

I know on the US broadcast, they had something right after it aired which addressed the issue of addiction.  I haven't seen that as yet, since it didn't air on the Canadian broadcast.

It's a challenging topic, as I have seen what addiction can do, and even when one has cleaned up their life, the risk of relapse is SO high.  It makes me sad to hear people talk about addiction like it's some sort of character flaw, and when someone dies as a result, to hear them say that the person got what they deserved, or to negate any of the positive things they did with their life.  Life isn't as simple as that.  Humans are complex, and can make bad choices in certain areas, while excelling at others.  No matter how someone dies, the loss is great for someone.

36 12
Thread