Thread
Printable Version

Glee Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 140#140 waterlilybarb's post

Same here i don't understand people fascination with Lady Gaga I honest think she's odd yet media love her. . i did like the boy's number that was great .

i love Kurt dad speech i guess it had to be said but you can't really blame Finn for being uncomfortable around Kurt. i would also feel uncomfortable if i had a room-mate who is gay. any guy would. I just think Finn should told Kurt's dad he felt uncomfortable about moving in and share a room with Kurt and there could made some sort  of other arrangement. . sometimes it hard to tell people truth because people want considerate to other people feeling but it's hard to maintain a balance. . It's clear to me Finn respect Kurt's dad and i think that why he kept his mouth shut initially . By the end i think they will just learn get on with each other.

While I agree that Kurt's father was right to stand up for his son I partially agree with Finn's reaction. Obviously not how he stated it. But, Kurt has feelings for Finn. It's not like Finn would be sharing with just a gay guy (which he shouldn't have a problem with) but he's sharing a room with a guy who's crazy about him and Finn knows this. So yes, Finn's reaction is probably normal. I'm sure I wouldn't like sharing a room with a guy who was crazy about me and I wasn't about him!! You can liken this situation. It would just be awkward and wrong!

All that aside. I liked this episode but I don't think they show cased Lady GaGa's music very well. I quite like her and feel her music is different and better than a lot of rubbish in the charts.

Lastly, I'm sorry but Rachel's Mum saying she wanted a baby not a grown up child was stupid in my opinion. Regardless of this Rachel is her daughter. Yes, there is no relationship with her but I think that very few people would walk away from the child they gave up many years before. Forgetting the mother/child thing, these two could quite easily have been friends. They've so much in common. That didn't sit well with me, to be honest.

Reply 142#142 shinny's post

I'm just not familiar with Lady Gaga's music, I really have no opinion for or against it - so I find it hard to say how well they showcased it in the episode.  The theacricality of it was great though...and most of the costumes were great.

Oh, and the Principal thinking vampires are real was hilarious!

I completely understand where Finn was coming from, and would never want to be put in a situation like that either.  What I agreed with was the way Kurt's Dad stood up for not letting derogatory language about his son, though it wasn't said in that context, used in his home, and equating it to other terms that most people would know better than to use.  Bigotry in any form should not be tolerated just because it wasn't "meant" that way.  I think Kurt understood that, and that he & Finn will be able to be friends & hopefully he'll get over his feelings for him, if he hasn't already.

As for how Rachel's mother reacted, I understand it, as I know a couple different women who gave up their babies for adoption.  Neither went through the proper counselling prior to meeting their children, and it turned out bad.  They still thought of them as their babies, and the kids had parents.  You can't get those years back, but some try - and it can backfire in terrible ways.  At least she was honest about how she felt, and they said they would acknowledge one another "for now", so I could see them becoming friends in the future.  I would hope Rachel gets some counselling before then so she knows better how to process it.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

1x21 Funk

Mr. Schuester thinking he had gotten the upper hand over Sue backfired but what vocal adrenalin did to Rachel was cruel, Sue and her trophies was ridiculous

Reply 144#144 codebreaker's post

Yes but she got a taste of her own medicine

I really enjoyed the scenes between Will and Sue in this episode. I felt so sorry for Rachel in this episode, but they got Vocal Adrenaline back really well by the end!

Reply 146#146 shinny's post

I couldn't stop laughing when Will was trying to be "sexy" for Sue - SO wrong. LOL   Another scene that was kind of a "so wrong" one, was Terri kind of coming on to Finn.  Plus - he can NOT pull off doing rap.  He wasn't awful, but it just wasn't quite right.

I felt really bad for Rachel too.  I liked that they caused Vocal Adrenaline to be in a "funk" by the end of the episode.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Journey

This was a great season-finale and it's a shame new direction didn't win but it's clear Sue really has a heart because she got taste of her own medicine from the other judges and it made her realise that these kids deserve a second chance so they got 1 more year but than what?- they really need pull all the stops to win next year and hope they do win.

i like this show i admit it was difficult watch first couple of episode once you get used the songs it actually become watch able. it's a nice show doesn't involve any thinking..

I was very disappointed with this Finale of all the Finales if I'm honest. Very bland.

Reply 149#149 shinny's post

i enjoyed it because i really didn't have any expectation but was disappointed they didn't win.

Reply 148#148 bala's post

This was just an average season final for me but it was amusing when Quinn gave birth to her daughter and why would Rachel mother adopt her baby when she cant me a mother to Rachel

Reply 151#151 codebreaker's post

She wants a second chance as being a mother that what she told Rachal hence give up coach glee club focus on being a parent.

I love the finale.  Because of Rachel & Finn.   haha  The songs that they performed at Regionals were fantastic as well.  And I loved the way they had the birth & Bohemain Rhapsody.  It was great.  I'm excited to see their next year.  

But I had to admit.  I was wrong about Jesse.  As I claimed when he first arrived - I thought he was good.  He wasn't   The egging was the saddest thing!  I did love "Jesse's Girl" a few weeks back. haha

Am I the only one weirded out about Rachels's Mom taking the baby?  So not realistic.  And I think Quinn may take her back.  And get with Puck.  I'm cheering for that (her and Puck, not necessarily the baby)!  haha

Reply 153#153 themegababe's post

I too was weird out by Rachel's mom adopting the baby.  Kinda seemed like they did it to tie up a couple lose ends but really you can't just show up to the hospital the day of and say I want that one.

Regarding Jesse - i'm sooooooo confussed.  I know they showed the epsiodes out of order then they were filmed, or maybe i just missed an epsiode .  But i am totally lost at how j&r went from together, to him mad about the video w/ the puck & finn, to him getting her to met her mother & saying he really cared for her, to peer pressure egging and not speaking to each other.  Hopefully someone can set me straight - what did i miss?

that said the bohemian rhapsody (even though it really was jesse w/ back up only - not really a choir) was priceless!! loved it.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

With Jesse and Rachel - I'm pretty sure that is actually how it went down.

He and Rachel were together.  He came to Glee club at the end of the Madonna episode - because she said she didn't want to sleep with him because it was like sleeping with the enemy.  They didn't sleep together tho.  Then she made that video and he got mad at her about it and left for a week or 2 for Spring Break.  He came back and they were still together, and that's when he did the thing about her mom.  But then yeah, he did disappear for a week (Ldy Gaga week) and then the next thing we see he's back with Vocal Adrenaline (during Funk).  Kinda weird!

good to know someone else saw a bit of disjoint in the jesse story line. thought i was going slightly mad there. lol

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

yeah it was a bit odd.  I guess it fits cuz it's Glee tho (and the show is odd)? haha

and response to an older post - I loved when Tina dressed up as a vampire too... HILARIOUS!

Glee Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premieres September 21, 2010

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 22:56 ]

2x01 Audition

Nice returning episode with Rachel and Finn disagree over the possibility of some new recruits but i don't like the new coach after firing Finn but his tryout for the Cheerios was terrible

I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait!  I need the work day to be over so I can catch up on Glee!

Thread