Thread
Printable Version

Glee Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Home

Am currently watching the new episode, and all I have to say is the kid who plays Kurt can SING!  Wow!  I forgot how great that guy's voice was.  He has a solo (and it's an old  favourite of mine).  Be prepared to be blown away.

OK, Kristin Chenoweth is singing "Home" from "The Wiz" (though Stephanie Mills' version will forever be my favourite)...can I cry now?  Some awesome performances in this episode.  GREAT songs!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 121#121 waterlilybarb's post

Well apart from the singing there were some good story-lines, Kurt trying fix his dad with Finn mum kind of backfired on him but it show something good can happen as a result. I felt bad Kurt that his dad prefer to hang with Finn watching football but can you blame him. not matter what he says i think a part of him miss the fact he doesn't have straight son.

Mercedes- Singing beautiful was a fantastic song for how she was feeling but what really annoys is that Sue got credit for that . I can't believe she expose Sue diet shake that would put end of her job..

[ Last edited by bala at 4-28-2010 15:17 ]

Reply 122#122 bala's post

Sue taking the credit for Mercedes singing Beautiful annoyed me too but her friends joining in was great

Bad Reputation

Really enjoyed this episode. Molly Shannon is so funny and will be a great nemesis to Sue!! I'm glad Emma did stand up to Will, although Sue coaxed her into it. She was right to say that to him though.

I love how Sue managed to turn around the video into her favour and with Olivia Newton-John. Great!

Don't you just love Sue when she's with her sister?

Best lines:

Brittney: I’ve been here since first period. I had a cold, and I took all my antibiotics at the same time, and now I can’t remember how to leave.

Sue: I may buy a small diaper for your chin because it looks like a baby's ass

Artie: I don’t know guys, I’m starting to get cold feet. Brittney: Can you even feel your feet?

Sue: "Don’t start with me, Castle, or I will kick you straight in the taco."

*Edit*

Oh and my favourite song was Total Eclipse of the Heart. Brilliant. I have to say I love Jesse's voice.

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-5-2010 17:39 ]

I loved this episode... My favorite is also Total Eclipse of the Heart, but I have to say.. I loved hearing Puck's voice in the other song...

just wondering?

Did any of the songs in this episode made you feel old ?

Olivia Newton-John and Sue;s video was amusing and doesn't Olivia still look great, Emma standing up for herself was great

Still loving this show! Sue is a real B but she is a great big sister.

Refusing to read anything above this post, as I haven't watched this week's episode yet.  I recorded it, and have forgot for the past 2 nights (while I sat with NOTHING to watch) that I have Glee & Castle to watch.  Sometimes, I have to wonder at myself, and what has happened to my brain.  I HAVE been having a Farscape fest recently though, so it hasn't been all for nought. LOL!  Am so tired tonight, and am hoping that sleep will actually come, rather than just teasing me.  Planning to ignore the phone and doorbell tomorrow morning - unless the building is on fire, and maybe even then, if it's self-contained.

Incorrect episode guide for Glee

Hi all,
Just noticed that the list of episodes for Glee are incorrect.
17.    should be called Bad Reputation ( Olivia Newton John episode)
18.    is Laryngitis which I'm not sure has been shown yet.

Being a great fan was too eager and have lost a coulpe of points thinking that the new episode (larygitis) was being shown.

Have sent message to P.M to inform them.

Reply 130#130 ritac-p's post

Hey there you should check this thread (Fix the Bugs - Member's Challenge) as it's handy for known issues. This was actually reported by me last week.

Send a PM to lbjedward and he will refund you the points => PM lbjedward

1x18 Laryngitis

Some great songs but what a way to bring Rachel back down to earth after she lost her voice and Kurt and Brittany was amusing

Reply 132#132 codebreaker's post

Yes wow the boy is mine by brandy it been almost 10 years since i heard that song

Loved Jesse's Girl and Kurt singing Rose's Turn. He was the star of the show tonight.

One = woeful! They tried to do the Mary J Blige version and I never liked that. You don't touch a U2 Classic and try to put a pop spin on it.

The Puck and Merc storyline was brilliant. I love Puck, we should see more of him.

Brittany brilliant as always. "Who's that guy?" and smiling away when Rachel was clearly singing out of key. Brilliant.

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-12-2010 23:30 ]

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-12-2010 23:35 ]

1x19 Dream On

Artie dream about dancing at the shopping center was good and Mr. Schuester's trading his one dream for the thirteen Glee members was nice but what's Rachel's next step to find her mother

1x20 Theatricality

Rachel's father's dress was rubbish and asking her mother for help payed off with a nice dress but i didn't like Rachel and her mothers duet before her mother left, Finn coming to help Kurt at the end was nice

Reply 136#136 codebreaker's post

I actually liked their duet - was glad it wasn't a sentimental song, as it wouldn't really have been fitting for the type of relationship they have.  That dress Rachel's dads made WAS hideous though. LOL

Though they did not have a close relationship I can't Imagine Rachel hearing Lady Gag's poker face and thinking if I ever find my birth mother this is the song I want to sing with her. I agree it was rubbish. Kurts dad kicking Finn out was too harsh. I understand wanting to protect his son but the speech he gave was enough. Finn has no father and Kurt's father is closest thing he has had.Kurt should have spoke up about his constantly chasing after a relationship with Finn. Hopefully now that Finn has come to Kurt's defense that relationship can be repaired.

Lady Gaga's Speechless would have been a better duet for Rachel and her mom... but they already used that as a song in the background when Finn was trying to wipe off his makeup.. I still liked the episode though. My favorite costume was Quinn's.. but when Rachel came in with her second costume, I liked it better. lol

Reply 138#138 gabsimom's post

I am not at all into Lady Gaga, and didn't even know the duet Rachel & her mother did was one of her songs.  I just was glad it wasn't something sickly sweet.  I kind of thought the choice a bit ironic and lighter, and some of the lyrics could have meaning to them.

I thought the speech Kurt's Dad gave was great.  I think Kurt & Finn will be friends (especially after the incident in the boys room at school), but I think it was important for Kurt to hear his father say what he did.  It was rather harsh on Finn, but his priority is his own son.

Thread