22 12
Thread
Printable Version

Real Player not working for me...??

Real Player not working for me...??

For 3 days have not been able to use your service for the first time since i have become a member (approx 2 years ago)... because realplayer will not load the videos properly....I have upgraded real player, cleared my cache..everything..there are no firewalls blocking it on my computer...it just won't load, if you see my history you will see what i have tried to see, and none of them would upload...i get to 50% or 99% i move the thing forward so i can see like 30 seconds of the show and it has to reload or communicate again...i walk away for 10-15 minutes still stuck in the same spot, so just give up and close it...i have lost 12 points as a result and have 15 points left no point me re buying points if i can't get real player to work...i can watch on another site.. but i use this site because of the guarantee the shows are there...and i don't need to hear that i am the only one with this problem that doesn't help me. any thoughts.? I live in S korea and this is the only good way i have found to watch tv..thanks Nina
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 Welcome points & sorry for the incon 5-15-2009 10:47

Reply 1#1 izzaz11's post

Sorry you are experiencing such problems viewing our shows at the moment. We appreciate that although there are other sites you want to continue to use ours. I am not technically minded but have seen a few others who have had this problem . It seems that they have discovered that when they clean un-install realplayer, they need to make sure that no components of previous versions are still on the computer before installing again. Apparently this will inhibit the smooth playing of the shows. If you want to claim for any lost points due to this, please send a PM to lbjedward with a copy of your viewing history. Not sure if this will be of any help
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

re uninstall player

I had these problems prior to re installing and upgrading, which is why i upgraded or re installed it....experiencing same problems rgardless??? FYI

real player

Also it happened out of the blue, I made no changes to my computer. Still trying to figure this out....please help me make this work again...thanks N

If other links work in real player for you, then it would seem that it's the VIP site that is having troubles, as it sometimes does, either due to maintenance or overloaded use. To avoid losing points, try a free episode first before a VIP episode. I've been doing that more and more to avoid losing points myself...as it seems getting lost points back is becoming somewhat problematic. Anyway, hope it all gets sorted out for you, I know how frustrating it can be.
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 Helpful post to other member. 5-15-2009 10:45
  • waterlilybarb Treasure +2 Helpful post to other member. 5-15-2009 10:45

Reply 4#4 izzaz11's post

Try to do a clean uninstall of real player once it is uninstalled go to computer c drive and then program files and delete the real folder and the reinstall real player with the latest version but i suggest that once installed that you don't update real player through tools
Recent Ratings

Reply 4#4 izzaz11's post

See this thread for instructions on doing a clean uninstall. Hope you're able to get it sorted quickly. I know how frustrating it can be to feel disconnected. Make sure to let us know when you've fixed the problem too. :)
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

after 8 days now still can't get real player to work on my computer

So thanks for all the advice I have heeded all of it., for the first time in 2 years overnight it just decided to not work on my computer anymore?? It works on my other computer so I know its not the VIP website its my computer! (the other computer is a work computer so not useable to view shows) ...here is what i have done - I have clean uninstalled RP x2 and reinstalled - I have tried it on firefox and windows browsers..using Gary unmarried episode 19 s 01 - it still won't load fully no matter how long i wait after putting it on real player or theatre mode. - I have tried at different times and different shows, never an issue before ever. - I added basic set up as do not need the 14 day trial and didn't have it before. I appreciate the reimbursement of points but at this time they are useless to me...what else can I do?? Thanks N.

In addition

I have tested real player and its bandwidth it all works fine just not from the vip tv video site on my computer.

Reply 9#9 izzaz11's post

does it work on the moviesite?

re movie site

I never use movie site i tried to log on to check but could not display website...i did try checking out the movie site in the past...and if i am not mistaken had to set up a whole new account and buy new points?? am I right?? anyhow i don't need nor am i interested in the movie site, but thanks for the suggestion, i get what you were going for....so the answer is no.

Reply 11#11 izzaz11's post

Sorry i wish i could be of more help as you tried all suggestion above-it just seem odd all of a sudden you couldn't use it. something must happen on your computer to create this problem.

Reply 8#8 izzaz11's post

Can I just do a quick check with you on the clean install? Did you follow this step by step and delete the folders that don't uninstall? It's just that I know if you don't do this exactly, it won't work:
Quote:
Clean uninstall..... After you uninstall RP, you will see a pop-up after you uninstall RP, that it was unable to remove some of the RP files. If all of the files are not removed it can cause many problems, some very small, some very bothersome. So it's best, to do a "clean uninstall". To do that, first go to Start> go to Control Panel> go to Add & Remove Programs> scroll to Real player> then uninstall Real Player, close Control Panel Go to Start> to My Computer> to C-Drive> to Program Files> to "Real" & (R-click on "Real" and delete the file). Then while you are still in Program Files double click on Common Files> to "Real" & (R-click on the "Real" file and delete the file). Then reinstall a fresh RP.
If you have done this exactly then just ignore this post. Tks, Shinny

clean uninstall

yes i did exactly that

VIP Real Player not working on my computer

It's been 10 days of trying everything to get the real player and VIP site to work on my computer at home..I have taken all the advice and put it to use without a positive outcome. I am sorry this has happened as I enjoyed the site. Unfortunately, I will have to look elsewhere for a site that is compatible and easily viewed on my computer. Goodbye VIP its been a fun 2 years thanks.

Reply 15#15 izzaz11's post

Do you by any chance have a dynamic IP address? Some members have recently found this to be a problem. Also, check with your ISP. Some have apparently been blocked, but this can be resolved by contacting lbjedward at: service@friendvista.com. Hope that helps.

re dynamic ip address

not sure about dynamic IP address most likely not....and am not blocked as can load certain percentages of episodes just not completely...mostly only loads to 55-66% then no further..then if i nudge it forward slightly will play a few seconds of episode...then have to search communicate or load at whatever percent and wont do anything more. its just stuck there.

Reply 17#17 izzaz11's post

Have you changed ISPs (internet service provider)? I know I couldn't load anything from a wireless access that I recently had (and trouble in the past with wireless) - but if I hardlined my laptop into the modem it made a big difference. The only thing I can think of to suggest before giving up is to wait until the site upgrades - which should be in a few days, and try viewing then.

nope

not wireless same provider...thanks

so here's some good news

out of the blue after 12 days it decided to work for me...lets pray it stays that way!! Woo hoo!

22 12
Thread