22 12
Thread
Printable Version

Video jumps/skips

Video jumps/skips

When I am watching a video, any show, the player fast forwards at random times. It skips about 20-30 seconds at a go. Does anyone else have this problem and is it fixable? Thanks, D p.s: really good site though

Reply 1#1 dmanzdem's post

How do you watch - pop up window or Real Player Theater Mode?

Tried both ways and they both jump, changed connection settings, cleared cache etc but no change. Also restarted computer but that doesnt work either

Reply 3#3 dmanzdem's post

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Did you try the suggestion in this thread?
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +3 5-7-2009 14:06
  • shinny Points +2 For helping a fellow member 5-6-2009 07:18

Reply 3#3 dmanzdem's post

When you open it in Realplayer, do you let it load up to the end? (If you are using Realplayer v11 it will be a blue bar) - So you let the blue bar load up all the way to the end. This usually stops that from happening with me. Also, if you've downloaded anything to realplayer previously (which of course we do not encourage here) then try deleting the source of this (you can usually find it by going to your library and right clicking on any of your media files and chose locate file) sometimes this causes problems for new files you are watching. I know that sometimes realplayer also saves "clips" of shows you are watching, even if you haven't downloaded them, so try to clean these up as well.

Uninstall realplayer and then install realplayer 10.5, for whatever reason, the video always skips on other versions on every other pc I've ever tried. just google realplayer 10.5 and you'll get a link to download it for free, it's easy and only takes a few minutes, should solve your problem.
Recent Ratings
  • dognxtdoor Points +10 Thank you for helping another member 5-6-2009 13:58

Thanks very much for all the input guys! BIg help and really reduced the amount it skips, can get through nearly a whole ep of dexter now with only 1 skips, sometimes none!
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +4 Tks for letting us know it's sorted :-) 5-7-2009 08:01

Reply 7#7 dmanzdem's post

Thanks for letting us know

reply 7#7 dmanzdem's post

hey dude... try this one... play it in real player. then when it load pause it till the blue bar reach the end... then slide the clip position button to the end of the line and wait for the message... save to my library.... then save it to your library and wait till its done... then watch it from your library.... enjoy!!!

Hey, I noticed something today, I was watching shows with my cousin on another computer, not mine(the one with the skip problems) and there were no skips and it ran smoothly, they have the same anti virus but on mine I have the nvidia firewall installed. I know that with many programs the Nvidia Firewall has compatibility problems and I wondered if it has anything to do with it or if anyone else with nSvcappflt.exe(or some alternate .exe associated with nvidia) shares the same problem with skipping videos? Trying to track down the real root as the skipping, although now is much less still seems to occur D [EDIT] *Sorry, i'd also like to mention the other computer ran on RealPlayer 11... I think I have software compatibility issues [ Last edited by dmanzdem at 5-9-2009 03:21 ]

I think most of the time if not all, the problem we encountered in watching shows was in our end... we only overlooked it. with an exemption to what very recently happened... coz the main reason of the problem was the main server itself.. I tried to read old posts here regarding solutions to problems and follow them and it help... so it is of great help to everyone if they keep on reading old posts in the forum... especially solutions to problem

Reply 10#10 dmanzdem's post

You may very well. In your firewall does it allow you to make certain sites "safe"? If so, try adding the address for VIP in here and see does it make any difference. Let us know too, thanks !! Rickman, just to let you know that if you save anything to your library (a functionality of Realplayer V11 only) it's considered "downloading" as it saves a copy to your computer. This is illegal and not encouraged by this site.

Ok well after much ado I've managed to get a more reasonable stream quality without going into realplayer, just through the pop-up screen. I believe my issue is a conflict with the nvidia firewall and network access manager, it's a nightmare and so deeply installed it feels like a virus. I'll briefly explain what it is i've done so that anyone else with a similar problem and situation can hopefully fix it too. Ideally I should've completely removed the nvidia drivers and network access manager (everything nvidia on my machine) and reinstalled it without selecting the firewall and NAM. However i dont have the cd and could not be bothered Instead, disable the nvidia firewall and delete the NAM from add remove programs. Before restarting windows press 'WIndows Button + R' and type in msconfig,press Enter and under the startup tab make sure the nvidia firewall is not checked. After the restart press 'Ctrl+ALt+Del' and if your nv-firewall is anything like mine under the process tab you'll still have nSvcAppFlt.exe and nSvcIP.exe - right click and terminate these processes. Hopefully then the video should be streaming without jumps - or at least less. Hope this is clear, hope it helps I imagine for the best results do the ideal way and completely delete everything, once I do it i'll confirm the success of it D
Recent Ratings
  • dognxtdoor Points +6 Excellent work.... 5-9-2009 05:35

reply 13#13 demanzdem post

this one is a big help to non techie here... keep sharing your experience guys

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, journalists and well wishers! I have finally fully fixed the stream! No more skips at all! And.. this is how: 1. In RealPlayer, go Tools, then, Preferences. 2. In the Category pane under Connection, click Network Transports. 3. Select the Manually configure connection settings check box. 4. Click the RTSP Settings button. 5. Make sure the top three boxes and unchecked, then make sure the Attempt to use HTTP for all content check box is selected. 6. Click the PNA Settings button. 7. Make sure the top three boxes and unchecked, then make sure the Attempt to use HTTP for all content check box is selected.. 8. Click OK twice to save your changes, then try to connect again. BOO! p.s: I'd like to add my nvidia firewall is still deleted and I have no intention of re-installing but if anyone does the above stages with nvidia firewall on and it works with no skips please let me know. Thanks!
Recent Ratings
  • dognxtdoor Points +10 Great Work! 5-10-2009 16:18
  • dognxtdoor Treasure +10 Great Work! 5-10-2009 16:18

Reply 15#15 dmanzdem's post

If someone could confirm this we could add it to our documentation....and I will award more points Thank you!
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Thanks. No problem at all, it has certainly worked for me, just coming to the end of a dexter episode without a single skip and had one before this Hope it sorts out anyone else with similar problems. Great site

Reply 15#15 dmanzdem's post

With your changes in effect, I have experienced no skips, and faster buffering times.... Anyone else also having a positive experience with these changes?
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 18#18 dognxtdoor's post

Sorry to say but i am having a buffing problem with The Mentalist 1x22 and have tried post 15 advice and it made no difference on my end

Sorry to hear, what problems are you having exactly?

22 12
Thread