Thread
Printable Version

The problems seem solved - thank you!

The problems seem solved - thank you!

After not being able to get anything but a 404 error code for quite a bit of last night or early morning depending on where you are in the US at least, we now seem to be back to speed. Thank goodness!! Thank you whoever and however the problems were straightened out. I think I speak for many of us, when I say that if we are just kept in the loop about what the problem is or at least that it is being solved we have lots of patience. It was the not knowing what was going on that frustrated me the most. But, moving on, I am just glad to be able to watch without starting and stopping or worrying about not being able to finish a show. Thank you for the work that went into getting what I now know is a different server. gwheels

And in my own opinion too, whenever we posts our bad experiences here we are NOT criticizing whoever and for whatever.... we are helping to bring out the problems to be resolved and to benefit everyone for the improvement.... And any improvement made is for the good of EVERYBODY.

Reply 1#1 gramywheels's post

the way the system is set up at the moment it is very easy for something to go down on a server in the us and no one get notice in china for a few hours .we dont even get a chance to put out a warning this can be frustrateing to some but hey everything comes to those that wait
The Mod Police Are Watching You

a big thank you to the folks who resolved these issues and for the people who listened to us...this is why i have been and will continue to be a longtime user

Reply 4#4 brokengirl01's post

we appreciate your patience

The problems are still happening for me.

Reply 6#6 raucousbeccy's post

Could you be a little more specific perhaps so we could further assist you?
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 8#8 raucousbeccy's post

1. Try both US and EU servers, I know some peeps that live in the US that can only use the EU server and vice versa. 2. Make sure you are watching in Real Player or Theater mode. 3. Make sure this isn't the show you are watching, try to watch other shows, using the Free Shows on the VIP Channel (so you don't lose points) if it is the show you are watching click [url=http://www.friendvista.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9497&extra=page%3D1]HERE[/url] and report your problem. 4. Refresh your browser (try again), close your browser (try again), shut off computer (try again). ~To play in RP or RP Theater mode~ after you click on hyperlink (episode), and the player pop-up window pops up (with the program in it), click on the in the lower right hand corner (some people have to right-click), then choose 'Play in Real Player' or 'Play in Real Player Theater Mode'. 1. In RealPlayer, click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens. 2. In the Category pane, click Connection. 3. Under Network Time-out, increase the time-out settings by 10 seconds. 4. Click OK. 5. Try to play the clip again. 6. If you still have problems, increase the time-out settings by another 10 seconds and try again. Keep trying until the clip plays or it becomes obvious that increasing the time-out settings will not resolve this problem. Increasing this time also increases the time you wait for a time-out message to appear. Please let me know how these tips work out for you
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

reply 9#9 dognxtdoor post

that procedure has no effect to the problem I encountered last wednesday 4/29. I want to watch episode 20 of 24 then I click it. the pop up window just pop up blank... I waited for about 10 to 20 mins but it was still blank, then i tried everything, from different browsers to both servers but still nothing.... until around past 12 midnight when I finally watched the episode... after I watched it I watched american idol... now its back to normal again I guess...

Reply 10#10 rickman's post

When you get a blank page, copy the link in the pop up window, open Real Player and paste the link there (click on File, click on Open, paste the link, and then click Ok). Sometimes you'll have to wait for a while for it to load.

I will try that the next time.....thanks serena

Thread