Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

3x13 - "Dual" Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

Well, the last episode of 2008, and the final chapter of the "Villains" volume, is airing tonight.  I'm looking forward to seeing how they tie up this storyline before beginning the next one...as I'm sure you all are too.

You know the drill.  Here's the spot to chat about this week's episode once you've watched it.  Everyone enjoy!

Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 4#4 imarielle626's post

Re: Nathan - to me, this fits more into the picture we've had of him, up until future-Peter shot him and then he was brought back to life.  This power-hungry version is who Peter initially saw in his vision of the future.  Also, if the future plays out as Nathan plans, I wonder if this means Peter will eventually reunite with Caitlin?  

I am delighted to see Michael Dorn as the new President.  Another happy moment of spot the other sci-fi actor.

I still have to rewatch, and I think I'm kind of feverish right now , so that's all I have to say...until I think of something else.

Reply 9#9 shinny's post

Her accent was awful, as were all the Irish accents.   I was just thinking they might show her or allude to her just to show that Peter's vision was right.  Although, I doubt they'd ever bring her back as an actual character.  The flip side is that the "butterfly effect" would mean the future we'll be seeing will have some very big differences than the one Peter initially saw.

3x14 - (Volume Four: Fugitives) "A Clear and Present Danger" **SPOILER

Sorry for being tardy in posting the new thread.

I haven't been able to watch it yet, but here's the thread for the new episode.  There will be a quiz, but I can't promise which day it will be up.  I think Roca will take care of it this week.  Have fun chatting.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

That's OK.  I like to have them separate for people who are ahead or behind so they don't get spoilers from other episodes.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Since when can Peter only absorb one power at a time?  I don't know why he didn't just fly out of the plane, but maybe he thought he could be more helpful by staying.

3x15 - "Trust and Blood" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Before I forget again I thought I would post the new discussion thread for tomorrow night's episode of Heroes.  Don't forget to post your thoughts after watching the episode.

Reply 257#257 roca's post

Interesting hypothesis.  I am looking forward to finding out more about it.  I guess I just assumed he regained his power as an empath...which, even if he can only absorb and maintain one other power at a time, is still a good one to have.

What a good episode.  I still have to rewatch it to fully grasp it and to come up with this week's quiz questions.  Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thought.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I agree.  I think it's someone else.  I have a couple of ideas but I'm still trying to make sense of them.    

As for Daphne, I'll be very upset if they really killed her.  I think there's some way that she's still alive, or if not, that she can be brought back - maybe by Claire?

BTW

Just thought I would mention that you all were correct about Peter.  Clever people.   I'm curious (and hopeful) if he'll regain his power the way it used to be?  I read someone's theory - can't remember where) that Ando's super enhancement power may be used to do this.  Any thoughts?

Reply 8#8 bala's post

According to the Heroes wiki the actor is Dan Byrd.  He was in The Hills Have Eyes and A Cinderella Story.  Maybe you saw him in one of those.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I'm glad you remembered where you saw him before.  I know it drives me crazy when I recognize an actor but can't place how I recognize them.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

When I have internet access it's not so bad.  It's when I'm out somewhere - at the movies or a friend's house, and there's an actor I recognize in whatever I'm watching - then it bugs me until I figure out where I know them from.  

Reply 14#14 shinny's post

Funny - I thought the same thing.   One would think that after everything he's been through, Peter would have learned a little discernment by now.

Reply 16#16 imarielle626's post

I know, but after the power-stealing hug he got from his father, one would think he'd be a bit more cautious.  He only has to touch someone to gain their power, not hug them.

3x16 - "Building 26" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Here's the thread for this week's chapter.  Can't wait to see it and to hear what everyone has to say.

OK, I finally watched this epis last night.  I'm SO glad Sandra finally booted HRG out!  I know - everything he's done has been his attempt to protect his family, yadayadayada - but the man has been lying to her for so long (and used to have her memory erased regularly) so I think he had it coming.

I LOVED that it was Parkman & the guys that drugged HRG - nice twist!  I did NOT expect that.  I was expecting "The Hunter" to show up.

I also found it interesting that it was "The Hunter" who allowed Tracy to free herself.  I understand why, but I was thinking it was Nathan too.  I REALLY don't like that guy though.  He's treating all with special abilities like terrorists - and if it contnues like that, he might just create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

As for Sylar & Luke, I don't know if I think they're related.  It crossed my mind, but I find it fascinating that Sylar rescued the kid rather than just killing him after he got his father's address.  They have some kind of weird bond.  I did notice the songs - they made me laugh too.

Update

Hey all Heroes fans,
Just wanted to let you know that I am too sick to make up a quiz for this week's episode.  Roca might be able to put one up, but I'm not promising - life's been busy.

3x17 - "Cold Wars" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Here's the thread for this week's episode.  There will DEFINIITELY be a quiz this week, so enjoy...and pay attention.

Thread