Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I'm thinking Arthur's power may only work to directly affect people who are near him, but we did see him project Linderman into the minds of others so maybe I'm wrong about that.  There could be a difference between him creating images and forcing actions with his ability though...jsut throwing that out there

anyway...great episode!  When it ended I was like woah it's over already?!? it seemed short lol.  I wonder what's going to happen to Hiro and Ando now...I hate waiting a week with suspense like this! lol  But this episode revealed so much information!  I like the flashback episodes.  It's always fun to see how the "heroes" lives overlapped before they knew each other and how close some of them came to meeting before they met for real!

Sylar's suicide is interesting.  So if Elle and HRG didn't push him to feed his hunger then he might not have been the villain he became.  Pretty much, the company created Sylar...that's just something to ponder about.

ok so I know we knew the Sylar-Elle kiss was coming from Arthur's drawing but it was still weird!  after all she's supposed to only be a teenager and he's like how old...anyway  can't wait for part two next week!  Will our Heroes remain powerless or will they regain their abilities? (i'm better on the latter considering this show is nothing if they are just human ) I am also curious to see Hiro's plan.  Afterall he still thinks he's 10 right so how good of a plan could he come up with?

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

oh I didn't realize Elle was 24...okay so not as bad.  But still just anyone with Sylar is just not right! lol

I was not as surprised to see Daphne's secret.  I never had considered it before like when Arthur threatened to make her back into what she was, but in a way it makes sense that a girl who can barely walk would be given the power of superspeed. I feel like some other sci-fi show or movie did something similar (I believe it was Spy Kids 3D)

The love story thing between Sylar and Elle was weird because well it's just hard to imagine Sylar happily in love, but the way he turned on her so fast after he got his powers back was a bit surprising!  Yeah he's Sylar and he's evil and a killer, but there was something more between them that made them good partners.  I agree the scene was a bit sketchy.  I'm curious to see what happened next week.  They could very easily kill off Elle as Kirsten Bell is only a guest star and is currently on another show, but I get the feeling she isn't really dead.  After all, Sylar already has her power.

the Claire/Hiro scene will prove to be interesting.

Seth Green's character and the other comic book guy (i can't place the actor's name and it is driving me nuts!  i'll have to imdb that later) are funny.  sorry that parenthetical rant totally ruined the sentence

I hope Nathan doesn't make this army of superpowered people!  That is just asking for the world to explode!

Mohinder's story line is so not entertaining anymore!  I can't stand it!  I miss the old Mohinder.  speaking of the old mohinder...what ever happened to Molly?  With Mohinder tied up with Mr. Petrelli and Parkman out with Daphne, Hiro, and Ando, whose the Molly with? not that it is important, i was just wondering

another character that has disappeared...Adam Monroe.  The last we saw him Arthur Petrelli sent his gang after him in that bar and if i remember correctly he escaped, so is he coming back or what?  There was a GN about him over the summer that definately alluded to something that would happen to him that hasn't yet so i'm jsut wondering if he is coming back or not?

thanks, i couldn't remember what happened to Adam.  I'm at that point where I watch too many shows a week (most of which are on mondays) so i have a hard time keeping them all straight

Reply 8#8 waterlilybarb's post

I know i remember some of the most useless things sometimes too.  It drives my friends crazy because sometimes something someone says just triggers a random response from me, but I can't pull that random information out at will, it just comes out.

I had a though that I forgot to mention before.  Now that we know Arthur is alive, I was thinking back to the photograph of the original members and we know Arthur is the only one not looking at the camera.  We though that maybe Adam Monroe had something to do with that, but then i got the idea, what if it is Hiro?  He could have easily teleported to that time and maybe Arthur was the only one who saw him.  It could also have something to do with Hiro getting his mind back.  Just a thought...

Reply 11#11 shinny's post

clueless and road trip he was in that too

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Hiro tried, but Arthur was just faster.  I wonder how Hiro is going to get back to the present day now.  His mom is no longer alive in the past to save him again.

Reply 3#3 shinny's post

In response to the Daphne and Ando thing, I think the writer sort of wrote themselves into a hole with that story line and giving Ando the power of time travel was just too easy and unrealistic so they had to come up with something different.  Also Matt said something about Einstein's theory of relativity that if you could travel faster than the speed of light you could bend time and therefore travel through time so that was the validation for Daphne to be able to go back in time, though I agree you would think the combination of their powers would move them forward through time not back.

I had the same though about the president being African American

I can't believe what Nathan wants to do!  I mean he is one of them too.  So now he's just going to pretend he doesn't have a power and round them all up like criminals and put them in a jail like place.  When did Nathan become such an extremist?  He was also power hungry, but he still had a concept of right and wrong and wanted to do good for the people.  Now he's just and extremist.  Can he honestly believe all of the people in that file are a threat?  Hiro, Parkman, Micah?  Yeah there are some "special" people who are better locked up, but it seems like all Nathan wants now is to lock up all the original "special" people so they can't get in his way and he can start over and create his army with those marines.

Reply 7#7 shinny's post

You have a very optimistic view of Nathan's plans.  In my mind I see it more like in Smallville when they were rounding up meteor infected people and putting them in a facility to test just how far their powers can take go.  But here I think Nathan just wants to keep them out of his plans to rule the world with his super army of the Marines.  Of course that won't happen, it would be too easy and our Heroes need to save the world or else it wouldn't be Heroes

RE: Caitlin...I forgot about her.  I wonder if they will bring her back in.  I would have to say probably  not considering most viewers have probably forgotten about her and bringing her back might confuse them.  though it would be nice for them to connect the future events to what happens every once in a while!

Great episode!  Though it seemed short =(

So HRG is working with Nathan and Angela.  I wasn't really expecting that...and neither did Claire If Peter can fly (Nathan said the last thing he saw him do was fly) then how come he didn't just fly out of the plane himself?  Why was he holding on for his life?  Also how did they get Hiro from Japan so fast Well I can't wait till next week!  That cliffhanger is a killer!

Reply 253#253 bala's post

oh thanks bala forgot about that.  They explained it again in the most recent episode.  I, like Barb, assumed his power was back full fledged.  I wonder if he will ever get his power back or if his power will be like this from now on.

Another good episode.  I don't like that they didn't show us if Daphne was okay though!  I mean how can they show her get shot and then not show her again for the rest of the episode?  

I wonder who the mysterious text sender is...my guess is Peter (wow when i typed that I typed Nathan oops lol).  I really want to see them take down Nathan, or at least reveal that he too is one of them.  I don't like hypocrites and that is exactly what Nathan is.  I mean does he seriously think everyone with powers is going to use them for bad?  Like seriously Hiro would never even hurt a fly!  He should focus his efforts more on Sylar than our Heroes!

Speaking of Sylar...he's got a little sidekick now.  Wonder how that is going to play out. I'm curious to see who his father is.

okay off to read the GN now...

Reply 15#15 waterlilybarb's post

yes but by hugging Nathan Peter did get his ability to fly so he was able to get out of the situation.  So in that way it was a good thing.

Okay so while I was watching I took notes because things jumped out at me that I needed to remember...

First, did you notice the songs played in the car with Sylar?  First was Born to be Wild.  I though that was funny.  Then in the end they were playing Psycho Killer.  That just made me laugh out loud.
Second, I guess Karen Roe is back from Australia...okay on OTH fans get that, but seriosly,  Moria Kelly?  Okay so I'm used to seeing Actors from one show on another, but how to you take a well known actress from one Monday night show and throw her into another Monday night show?  I guess that also answers my questions if Karen is ever heading back to Tree Hill.  I just IMDbed her.  She hasn't even been listed for this Heroes episode, but I swear it's her!
Third, who was the actor who played Alex (the comic book guy) he looked familiar but I can't figure out why and he's not listed in IMDb for this episode =(

Okay the episode...I'm glad Hiro realized he doesn't need powers to be a Hiro because he was getting kind of annoying before trying to make himself superior to Ando!  I really though Karen (sorry that's what I'm calling her because I don't remember her character's name on this show) was not going to give nathan the money...actually I was rooting for it.  But when they showed Tracy trying to get out I knew that was going to happen.  Oh how predictable shows can sometimes be.  Ugh they just need to take Nathan down already!  Speaking of taking people down...I though it was going to be Nathan who druged HRG not our Heroes.  Go them!  Can't wait for next week's episode.

Reply 5#5 gabsimom's post

ahh thanks he was on Everwood that's where I recognized him from!

Thread