101 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Heroes Season 3 Here

OK people, season 3, beginning with the "Villains" volume, starts later tonight.  This is the official thread to chat about this season.  Each week either Roca or myself will post a thread for you discuss that week's episode.  We will then merge it into this thread prior to the next new episode airing.  

While we have a spoiler alert in the thread title, we ask that you not reveal anything that has been leaked ahead of the show airing so as not to spoil it for viewers who don't live in places where they can view it on TV and count on the site for their Heroes fix.  If you must post something really juicy, please label your post well, and if it's something that has been leaked (ex: the finale of Lost 2 seasons ago), post it in white ink and instruct members to highlight it to view.  That way, we can avoid ruining anyone's viewing experience.

Thanks everyone for your co-operation in this regard, and have a great time discussing the show this season! Above all, have fun!

Click Here For The Heroes About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Heroes on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 23:53 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

3x01 - The Second Coming & 3x02 - The Butterfly Effect

The first 2 episodes have aired and were awesome!  Feel free to share your thoughts here once you've watched them.  I'll be back tomorrow after I rewatch them.  Enjoy!

Reply 27#27 desertdarlene's post

Thankfully season 3 will have 2 volumes - Villains & Fugitives, so I'm sure we'll be ready for a bit of a change whenever they begin volume 4.

As for Niki, I'm not sure if Tracy is actually her.  Since she - Niki - has been working for the company, maybe they cloned her and her clone has a different ability?  Just a thought.  Peter's coming back from the future wouldn't have changed Niki's original ability.

As for Mohinder's peeling skin, that totally skeeved me out.  (I totaly hear ya' Tina.)  It did seem like his personality was also altered by the injection.

I don't ever remember being told Sylar was adopted, and I'm too tired to look it up right now.  It's highly possible that he was and didn't know it, but if he's now part of "family" that's gonna get bizarre.  I HATE the fact that he got the healing power!  Although I'm very glad we found out he doesn't eat the brains.  Tim Kring (creator of the show) had let that go on because they weren't sure how to explain exactly what Sylar did.

We FINALLY got confirmation of Mama Petrelli's ability - it's about time!  But she's seeming more like "Ma Barker" all the time.

BTW, the speedster is Daphne Millbrook, whom we were introduced to in several of the GNs this summer.

I'm going to rewatch it tomorrow, and we'll have a quiz up by the end of the week.  Give us time to get in the groove again - we'll have them up sooner in no time.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

I sure hope so too.  That's how I took it.

BTW, did Mohinder remind anyone else of Spiderman?

Reply 36#36 bala's post

It's usually a couple of days because Roca & I are in different timezones, 12 hours apart.  I've PMed the questions I came up with to her, and hopefully, she'll have had a chance to watch the episodes already so she'll have questions too.  We like to collaborate to make them as challenging as possible.

Reply 54#54 bala's post

That should prove very interesting!

OK, I have a new theory about Tracy.  This one is all mine, I haven't come across it on any other site.  If I'm wrong, no biggie, if I'm right, I wanted to have it in writing so people will believe I thought of it.   My theory is that her real power is NOT freezing ability but rather whatever is suggested.  She looked truly surprised when the reporter was frozen.  He (played by William Katt, aka The Greatest American Hero BTW), told her his headline was going to read Las Vegas stripper becomes K-Street Ice Queen.  It's possible she knew she had abilities, but had never manifested THAT one before.  Anyway, that's my thought.

Reply 59#59 SirAlain's post

Nice to see you SirAlain!  I've actually had the same thought about Elle & Claire, though it would be a bit too "all in the family" for my liking.  I am also delighted to have Mama Petrelli's power finally revealed.  That went on for FAR too long.

Reply 61#61 SirAlain's post

I have a sneaking suspicion that we might have seen the end of Niki, though I really hope Monica, Micah and Nana Dawson are still going to be around.  Even if Niki is gone (that's just my guess) I'm glad Ali Larter is still around.  It will be interesting to find out just who Tracy is, in relation to Niki/Jessica.

Reply 67#67 Micallefs's post

I was thinking the same thing.  YOu should take a stab at the quiz.  Since it was two episodes, we did a double quiz.  Perfect score gets 22 points.  Not too shabby.

Reply  63#63 SirAlain's post

I hadn't thought of the "light" in that sense.  I was thinking of it more in the metaphorical sense.  I definitely think it's Claire that is the one who is pure of heart - even Sylar said she's special.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out, because I've been wondering if they could be related - even if they don't turn out to be sisters.

3x03 - "One Of Us, One Of Them" Discussion

Here's the thread for the new episode.  I'll refrain from commenting until you get to watch it on the site, but it was GREAT!  Enjoy the show, and come back to chat about it when you're done.

I'll merge this thread with the season 3 discussion thread before next week's episode airs.

3x04 - "I Am Become Death" Discussion

OOOH!  Great episode!  I'll be rewatching it tomorrow, there was a lot to take in for this episode.  

Discuss!   

I think it's very difficult to tell who are really the villains now, other than those whose only want to use their abilities for selfish and often violent reasons.  I think that's part of the reason for this volume.  Anyone can be either a hero or a villain depending on their intentions.  I think we'll find out as the season progresses why certain individuals have chosen to side with The Company, whereas before they viewed IT as purely evil.  I find it quite compelling.

As for the use of time travel, I think in this case, the point is to show that the future is not set in stone.  Every action causes a reaction...the "butterfly effect"...and we'll have to wait and see which course of action is actually taken and the future that results from it.

On another note, is anyone else curious as to who Gabriel's "baby mama" is?

Reply 32#32 silver1978's post

Nice synopsis of the last scene Shannon.   Interestingly, from the GNs I thought it was going to be a woman who dug him up.  Nice twist.

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I agree.  I loved that bit of levity when Hiro kept putting Adam back in the coffin.

This was definitely an information filled episode.  Mohinder is geting creepier by the day, and Sylar is coming off almost human...though that eerie smirk on his face when they dropped Claire off back home let me see the sociopath we've all come to know and loathe.

This chapter really helped blur the lines between the heroes and the villains to an even greater extent.  To find out Nathan was "given" his ability gives us more insight into what the senior Petrellis were like, even back then.

Angela's vision was rather macabre, but who knows how the future will really turn out?  

Lots to mull over and digest, even after 2 full viewings.  The writing this season is top notch.

Reply 7#7 Micallefs's post

You mean Mr. Petrelli?  I assume he's awake, but since he has a breathing tube can't speak.  

I'm not thrilled with Peter seeming villainous, but I imagine he will learn how to control the hunger and ultimately use that ability for the greater good.

Reply 10#10 roca's post

That's had me scratching my head all week too.  I don't think it was Maury because he wasn't actually with Nathan, and you're right - his ability is NOT as a healer.

Shinny - good theory re: Hiro & Ando.  I know there's some trick to it because even if Hiro thinks Ando IS going to kill him in he future, there's no way he'd stab him just because he was told to.

3x06 - "Dying of The Light" Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

The new episode airs tonight, so here's the thread to chat about it.

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

Interesting episode.  I SO didn't expect quite how Papa Petrelli turned out.  Sylar seems less villainous with each episode.  The world is upside down.  I won't say too much since most haven't had a chance to see the show yet, but I'll be back.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Actually Peter's power is a bit different from his father's.  Arthur steals powers away from people leaving them powerless, whereas Peter mimics the abilities of others while leaving their powers intact.  I have a feeling Sylar might be the one to help Peter get his abilities back.

Reply 15#15 mcleod's post

I agree.  There is a "butterfly effect" to every action, and now Peter's future will now be different than the future he was trying to avert because he made different choices, including taking Sylar's power.  He also now seems to be a wee bit jealous of his new-found brother's relationship with Mama.  By feeling he had to prove himself as the "more" special son, he left himself wide open to the situation he now finds himself in.

101 123456
Thread