Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 20#20 shinny's post

Peter didn't learn about his own powers until after Arthur's "death", so it's highly unlikely he had ANY idea that his father had an ability.  Originally, Arthur killed himself (though publicly it was thought he had a heart attack) and was Linderman's attorney, so Peter may have thought his father might not have been a very strong or powerful man.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

3x07 - "Eris Quod Sum" Discussion

The new episode airs tonight.  Here's the spot to post your views.  
FYI - the title translates (from Latin) to "you will be what I am".  Make of it what you will.

Happy viewing!

Reply 161#161 waterlilybarb's post

I suppose, but he knew his Father had done some pretty bad things. Plus with all the "super villain" guys standing inside, you think he would have been a tincy wincy bit suspicious !!

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

i thought this was a fantastic episode i mean Clare and Elle working together and Nathan finding out that his father is alive and surish working with their father.

Where is this season going?

Gosh, I hope Hiro will go back in time after his spirit walk to save everyone!!!
Seriously I don't like how everything is going now!

Reply 3#3 roca's post

I really don't like that Peter doesn't have his powers anymore.  If Hiro goes back in time, he could change that.  

Usutu referred to the coming eclipse, so I wonder if that is having some effect on some of the abilities, since it seemed to awaken many of them initially.

As for the title - to me it seems to refer to Arthur and his sons Gabriel & Peter.  How exactly, I'm not certain, but it could work either way.

I'm really starting to like Gabrielle.. I forget what made him want to change in the first place, but I really like that he's trying and it's working.. Now I wonder what's going to happen to Elle.. I like that she came to Claire for help.   

Reply 5#5 angel17halo's post

she wants her power gone so i think that going happen to her

Reply 162#162 shinny's post

I agree - Peter never seems to learn much from his experiences.  Yes it will have been a shock to see his once dead father alive and kicking but seeing the other villans who escaped with him in his fathers company should have raised at least one alarm bell.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

3x08 "Villains" Discussion (Spoilers if not seen)

Wow another great instalment of heroes with the flashback story-line of what happen i can't believe how great this episode and i was so surprised at the ending just when you are excited he was going rescue everyone the bad guy turn up and get him   . i have to say Angelia should poison that diminished Arthur brain-function would more better than paralyse poispon he game him.  Arthur  still can push his ability onto other people but one thing i don't understand if he wanted to stop Nathan investigate Linderman why didn't he use his power onto him to make him drop the case and we find out who is responsible for nathan's wife accident and how nathan survive. .  

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I'm thinking Arthur's power may only work to directly affect people who are near him, but we did see him project Linderman into the minds of others so maybe I'm wrong about that.  There could be a difference between him creating images and forcing actions with his ability though...jsut throwing that out there

anyway...great episode!  When it ended I was like woah it's over already?!? it seemed short lol.  I wonder what's going to happen to Hiro and Ando now...I hate waiting a week with suspense like this! lol  But this episode revealed so much information!  I like the flashback episodes.  It's always fun to see how the "heroes" lives overlapped before they knew each other and how close some of them came to meeting before they met for real!

Sylar's suicide is interesting.  So if Elle and HRG didn't push him to feed his hunger then he might not have been the villain he became.  Pretty much, the company created Sylar...that's just something to ponder about.

Quote:
Originally posted by imarielle626 at 11-12-2008 04:17  
I'm thinking Arthur's power may only work to directly affect people who are near him, but we did see him project Linderman into the minds of others so maybe I'm wrong about that.  There could be a dif ...
I thought it was the guy he sent out that was doing the actual projection. Arthur was jsut using his mind to make the guy do it.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 3#3 silver1978's post

how did he get to Africa?

Reply 4#4 bala's post

My theory: Arthur steals powers from others- really similar to the abilities of Peter and Sylar, but almost exactly the same as Peter. The only two differences are :
Arthur actually steals the power, taking them away from the person where Peter mimics the power so the person still has it.
Arthur needs to touch the person and Peter doesn't.

You can see this when he kills Adam and is healed. So when he took Peter's power, he got all the abilities that Peter had, including his mimic power.

One of the reasons he did what he did with Peter was because Peter had the multiple abilities, could easily acquire the abiliites (is he doesnt have to kill anyone) and (as far as he is aware) did not have the 'hunger' like Sylar.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

I can't believe Arthur would want to kill his own son. Twice now! Nathan and Peter!!! Who knows maybe he even killed the family dog!

I really hope Hiro could get away before Arthur takes his powers too.

Reply 6#6 roca's post

he's already got Hiro

Reply 7#7 bala's post

I know Arthur got Hiro in his hands but he hasn't taken Hiro's powers yet right. So maybe Hiro still have time to get away before Arthur takes his power! I guess we'll find out soon enough (tomorrow)!

3x09 - "It's Coming" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Hey all, here's the thread for this week's episode.  I know I'm looking forward to it and know you are too.  Catch ya' all after it airs for the discussion.

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

Well this was a good episode-we now have 2 sides and we know all the team player let the games begin and who wants to place a bet on which side will win?.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

It was definitely a good episode.  Looks like whoever said that Elle was probably the mother of Sylar's kid was right.  I still need to watch it again, because I know there are things I need to grasp better.  

On a side note - 10 year old Hiro was rather amusing.   And Flint really is stupid.

Thread