Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 4#4 imarielle626's post

Yeh, I remember them referring to the theory of relativity. I didn't think that was enough. How did she know how to control which direction she would go in the space/time continuum? I dunno, it seemed lazy writing to me. As if they think the audience isn't educated enough to wonder further than them saying it's Einstein's theory of relativity. Like that's enough!

I've been thinking about Nathan since (I know, very sad !!) but perhaps this is not what it seems? The future has been effected so much, I don't think anyone of can safely say what happens. So, perhaps he's rounding them all up because he wants to get all the "gifted" people in one place, for something good? They are suggesting it's for something bad and with what happens in the future, but perhaps that's not how it will pan out?

Who knows, but I like that they keep us guessing all the time !

[ Last edited by shinny at 12-17-2008 08:47 ]

Reply 7#7 shinny's post

You have a very optimistic view of Nathan's plans.  In my mind I see it more like in Smallville when they were rounding up meteor infected people and putting them in a facility to test just how far their powers can take go.  But here I think Nathan just wants to keep them out of his plans to rule the world with his super army of the Marines.  Of course that won't happen, it would be too easy and our Heroes need to save the world or else it wouldn't be Heroes

RE: Caitlin...I forgot about her.  I wonder if they will bring her back in.  I would have to say probably  not considering most viewers have probably forgotten about her and bringing her back might confuse them.  though it would be nice for them to connect the future events to what happens every once in a while!

Reply 8#8 imarielle626's post

Haha. Nah, it's just they have spinned us so much I'm throwing out all scenarios now !! I think the ruling the world scenario is probably the most obvious from what they've shown us.

Oh no, not Caitlin and her terrible Irish accent, pleasssssssssssssssse !!

Reply 9#9 shinny's post

Her accent was awful, as were all the Irish accents.   I was just thinking they might show her or allude to her just to show that Peter's vision was right.  Although, I doubt they'd ever bring her back as an actual character.  The flip side is that the "butterfly effect" would mean the future we'll be seeing will have some very big differences than the one Peter initially saw.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 10#10 waterlilybarb's post

Yeh, that's what I'm thinking too. I'm really looking forward to the next volume now!

It was nice to see Ando get his power. If you remember in the eps where Hiro is in the future and gets mad at Ando he has the power.

It was also neat to see how Peter get the scare on his face. His brother gave it to him.

You could see the change comming over Nathan ever since the eclipse. He said he wanted to become something more and was going to take his father on.

Heroes 3x14

Well heroes is back and what an episode Nathan really is piece of work but he did give peter a chance and Claire is it just me or does she get more reckless as the season go on. She had a great job but the look on her face when she saw Bennett was priceless.

So great start to volume 4

3x14 - (Volume Four: Fugitives) "A Clear and Present Danger" **SPOILER

Sorry for being tardy in posting the new thread.

I haven't been able to watch it yet, but here's the thread for the new episode.  There will be a quiz, but I can't promise which day it will be up.  I think Roca will take care of it this week.  Have fun chatting.

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

i already posted it season 3 topic

Reply 2#2 bala's post

That's OK.  I like to have them separate for people who are ahead or behind so they don't get spoilers from other episodes.

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

I was wondering why there wasn't a topic created by you

Great episode!  Though it seemed short =(

So HRG is working with Nathan and Angela.  I wasn't really expecting that...and neither did Claire If Peter can fly (Nathan said the last thing he saw him do was fly) then how come he didn't just fly out of the plane himself?  Why was he holding on for his life?  Also how did they get Hiro from Japan so fast Well I can't wait till next week!  That cliffhanger is a killer!

Quote:
how come he didn't just fly out of the plane himself?
Simple because he can only absorb 1 power at the time remember in the plane mohinder power than he accidental touch Niki and got freeze power but lost mohinder strength

Since Hiro no longer have his powers, I wonder why Nathan wants to capture Hiro.

Reply 7#7 roca's post

that a good question maybe he doesn't know

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Since when can Peter only absorb one power at a time?  I don't know why he didn't just fly out of the plane, but maybe he thought he could be more helpful by staying.

3x15 - "Trust and Blood" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Before I forget again I thought I would post the new discussion thread for tomorrow night's episode of Heroes.  Don't forget to post your thoughts after watching the episode.

Reply 256#256 waterlilybarb's post

I think because Arthur took Peter's power, perhaps Peter's power changed after the jab. Maybe now he can only absorb one power at a time.

Unlike before, It seems like Peter can only absorb the power by contact and loses the power once he come in contact with a new power. I guess we'll find out more about his power in the next episodes.

Reply 257#257 roca's post

Interesting hypothesis.  I am looking forward to finding out more about it.  I guess I just assumed he regained his power as an empath...which, even if he can only absorb and maintain one other power at a time, is still a good one to have.

What a good episode.  I still have to rewatch it to fully grasp it and to come up with this week's quiz questions.  Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thought.

Thread