Thread
Printable Version

The reported problems continue

The reported problems continue

I have been reading that people are saying how slow things have become and that they are having problems with starts and stops and different error codes when they try to watch. I keep hoping it will get better but it seems to be getting worse - I couldn't access the site at all for most of the day. What is going on Is anyone doing anything about it? Thanks for your help, gwheels

Reply 1#1 gramywheels's post

i really dont know what you lot are doing wrong !!!! i myself have watched all the latest updates and apart from slow loading am haveing no real problems .the loadings on the site are growing expendatealy every day and what with the swich over to new servers things are bound to get groggy now and then .just bare with it and let the kinks get iorned out magic4me
The Mod Police Are Watching You

Reply 2#2 magic4u's post

seriously - what the lot of us are doing wrong?! i think that most of us are showing a lot of patience and i must say that your remark is kind of rude. i'm happy though, that you are not experiencing the same 'problems'. cheers

I must admit the past week or so I have had numerous problems accessing shows. I am a long time user who prior to now has had no major issues (there are always occasional glitches that can be expected) For two days last week the majority of the, time when I tried to access the main page I would encounter a 404 error, in addition, loading of show pages and shows themselves have been VERY slow, in some cases it has taken x2 the episode length to load.... which is really not a "go and get a snack, or make a cuppa" situation. It is not any issues on my end as nothing in my viewing process of computer setup has changed. I love the site and prior to this any problems seem to have been sorted very fast really hope that this one is as well.
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

To member

We understand a lot member are experiencing difficulty since Wednesday when this all started due to the maintenance of the server. unfortunately that all we know, we are hoping this is a temporary problem and hope it resolved by end of this month. We promise you once this sorted we do have a surprise for members however we have no idea what the surprise is. This what we know.

Quote:
Originally posted by lemhgd at 4-25-2009 17:04 seriously - what the lot of us are doing wrong?! i think that most of us are showing a lot of patience and i must say that your remark is kind of rude. i'm happy though, that you are not experiencing ...
please forgive magic4u - he has strange sense of humour he didn't mean anything by it. i'm also able to watch all new episode however i keep getting page load error during busy time. i find morning the easiest to watch the episode compared to evening. i know this might not be best solution but it's just a suggestion.

Hi, as some of you might know I have had trouble logging in to viptv for most of the last 5 weeks or so. Even know after the change in servers It is still glitchy. I try to log in and I get a message saying server timed out waiting for the connection or something like this. The good news is that now if I keep trying I can eventually get in while as before I went several weeks without being able to log in at all. I have found myself, over the last couple of weeks, thinking about just giving up on this all together but I haven't. At least not yet. I do hope things get resolved soon as I must believe not everyone is as patient about these things as I have tried to be. Bala, thanks for your help before with my login issues.
Rick

i have been having the same issues, the website is slow to load if it loads at all and the movies are hit or miss as to whether they will work or not. i usually have no problems and am assuming this is all temporary as i just bought a lot of points.. things i've done to get it to work -make sure i'm on firefox -if the player pops up but wont load properly i copy the url up top and manually open realplayer and paste the address there, sometimes that works..sometimes i will think it is working only for it to stop about 5 minutes into the show...sometimes it works just fine -cross my fingers and hope for the best

the problem is

the problem is not only that the site is suddenly too slow to even bother using most of the time for the last week or so, (beyond the error codes etc. which I find frustrating. The real problem is not being told what is going on and when we might expect it to be fixed.

reply 2#2 magic4u

that's not not a kind of reply by a moderator... everyone here is having trouble

I too am having issues, website is frustratingly slow, some episodes are not loading at all and when they do I am having numerous problems with them stopping and starting. Seems that a lot of people are having issues with very little information coming to us from anyone about when this is going to be resolved. I have already lost numerous points and don't appreciate just being told it must be our fault. We pay for this service. Asking to have it sorted out or at the very least being told if you are even addressing the problem is not much to ask....

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 4-25-2009 19:55 We understand a lot member are experiencing difficulty since Wednesday when this all started due to the maintenance of the server. ... We promise you once this sorted we do have a surprise for members however we have no idea what the surprise is.
thanks for the info bala. I too have been having problems for about the last week *grr* and am very muchly looking forward to the surprise . perhaps y'all are trying to offer too many shows? lots of new shows have been added recently, and I personally would rather have fewer options if it means I can access the options we do have w/o irritation and stress. perhaps more of them should be free. perhaps each month one popular show should be made free as a way of thanking the members and attracting new ppl to this site. then, after the month is over, that show is moved back into the vip section and a different one is made free for a month - it would give ppl a chance to get into shows they might not otherwise try, then they'd keep paying to watch after it was moved back into the vip section. from the paying customer end, the more I think about it, the more brilliant that idea seems. 'twould be an *awesome* surprise. anyway, one of the great things about this site is I know you mods are always listening and willing to help. thanks to all of you.

I have been a long time user and find this website painfully slow since over a week ago. the webpages are very slow to load and the videos themselves have been timed out a couple of times on both the US and Euro servers. There are times when I try to sign in and can't. I hope to this issue will be resolve soon.

Slow loading

Yes I too have experienced very slow loading and page errors recently - but lets put this all into perspective please. This is still the best site for tv on the internet - yes there are others - they don't offer as much - or make you pay more - or place ads in the shows. I am sure all the problems will be ironed out so why not give them a little time to do it rather than complaining or threatening to go somewhere else. From me I would like to say thanks to the admin for the wonderful job they are doing and thanks to all the mods for trying to mediate all the comments. Keep doing just what you are doing and I will remain loyal.

Reply 14#14 imagnu's post

Thank you for your patience, and also for recognizing that we are doing our best to bring the best service possible (including maintaining a useful & pleasant forum) for all our members. It's nice to be appreciated.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

reply 14#14 imagnu's post

lets make it clear and fair. i never saw nor read any post by a member here that's THREATENING. Or any rude complaining. What i had read were all information about their present experiences of the site (if that's a complain so be it a complain). they are only bringing it out in order that it would be known to the party concerned. And a question of why is it happening. and i guess members just only want an information of any solutions to the problems. and i guess every member expresses their support and loyalty to the site. so i guess we should be thankful to members who brought out the issues because that is for the improvement of the site. and everyone will be benefited from it. come to think of it?

I too am still having problems with the site, however, at lunch today at work I had no problems at all with the episode stopping and re-loading. I have a different ISP at work than I do at home so when I got home I cleaned up my computer and downloaded updates of RealPlayer but I am sad to report that this did not help my home viewing. Curious how with one provider I had absolutely no problems and with another the episode kept stopping and re-loading about every 2-5 minutes (very frustrating).

have you tried clearing your browsing history/cache at home?

reply 17 #17 tcasey's post

please try instead of upgrading your real player, go back to your old version... and double check the settings of your firewall if you have one... and your setting of your anti virus software too... or try to clear cookies..... i've done it and ity helps me a little bit... hope it works at your end.

Thread