Thread
Printable Version

Gilmore Girls Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

given the fact we miss the show-could moderators do quizes from season 1-pick best episodes and set a quiz?

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Seeing as the only active moderator for GG is me, I'll get around to it when I'm not so sick.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

take your time

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Check out THIS thread and let me know what you would like.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 7#7 waterlilybarb's post

i think they won't be more 5 people doing the quiz.

i found this

[ Last edited by bala at 6-13-2008 13:04 ]

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

LOL How could I could never have noticed that!??? Fantastic!

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Yep, I watched them back-to-back too! Heart wrenching!

Reply 4#4 janenjab's post

I'm still pining for a GG movie! C'mon people, what are you waiting for - GG in the nursing home series!!?

Reply 12#12 waterlilybarb's post

I WAILED during the last 5 minutes of the episode - the whole last scene there under the big tent in the rain, I thought I was going to hyperventilate I sobbed so hard! I admit it, I'm a crier!

Reply 4#4 studiojek's post

maybe because you focus episodes-re-watch certain episode it's amazing what you miss out the first time

Reply 11#11 studiojek's post

now i just annoyed that i didn't take my time because it will always be on here-mind you when i started this was a free show hence reason i rushed it but i should just taken my time

Reply 18#18 studiojek's post

i thought it ok episode but no happy endings

Reply 19#19 bala's post

what do you mean no happy endings?  Luke and Lorelei getting back together definitely was a happy ending!  and as much as I was rooting for Rory and Logan to have a happy ending together, Rory had a happy ending of her own getting her dream job!  They did a good job bringing the show to the end, especially since when AS-P left GG when a bit down hill.

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that Chris & Sherry's daughter Gigi's name is a nod to the title of our show?
Wow I never even realized that!  Amazing pick up!

'Gilmore Girls' revival series in the works at Netflix

The "Gilmore Girls" are returning to the small screen.
Netflix is in negotiations to revive the beloved series with creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and original stars Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as mother-daughter pairing Lorelai and Rory Gilmore.

According to multiple sources, Netflix is looking to approach the revival as four 90-minute movies as opposed to a 10-episode series. The Warner Bros. dramedy, which launched in 2000, has been a strong performer for the streaming service.
"Gilmore" initially ran for seven seasons and 153 episodes on The WB/CW, six of those under Sherman-Palladino before she exited following a contract dispute with the studio. A Netflix revival would be Sherman-Palladino's opportunity to not only return to her own series but also to have the final word.

Though many of the original actors are in talks to return, too, Melissa McCarthy (Sookie St. James) is not expected to be one of them. Since Gilmore wrapped in 2007, McCarthy's career has skyrocketed, with star vehicles on TV ("Mike & Molly") and in film ("The Heat," "Ghostbusters").

courtesy http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/19/entertainment/gilmore-girls-netflix-thr-feat/index.html

Netflix has finally confirmed what we've known in our coffee-loving, pop culture-obsessed hearts to be true for months: that it's reviving the late great dramedy Gilmore Girls. The streaming service also confirmed that as of right now six actors will be returning for the revival: Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, Scott Patterson, Sean Gunn, and Keiko Agena. Series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and her husband Daniel Palladino, who served as an executive producer and director on the original series, will be writing and directing each of the new episodes. And although there's still no official word on a title or an episode count, according to TV Line there will be four 90-minute episodes all corresponding to a different season over a calendar year.

Thread