22 12
Thread
Printable Version

Same Problem!

Same Problem!

I have been having problems with this site for several weeks. I often try to watch shows between 5:00am - 7:00am EST in the U.S. as I live in Asia. During these hours, the site is either not available or "broken" or running extremely slow. Is the site temporarily unavailable during these times for some reason? I never had a problem until about a month ago. What's going on? The time mentioned above is my prime viewing time, so if the site is unavailable during these times, then what to do? It is NOT a problem on my end...REALLY! Could someone from FriendVista PLEASE reply to my thread and let me know why your site is unavailable so often during these hours? Thank you.

Reply 1#1 pjrplay1's post

I don't know exactly what the problem is, but I have noticed the site has been running slower the last few days. There has been a switch to a new server recently which may be part of the problem. I'll direct someone else to your thread to address this issue, as I have been very busy lately & haven't been able to keep up with all the changes. I just wanted you to know your voice is not going unheard.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Same problems also

I have noticed for the last couple of weeks things are just slower or don't work at all. Yesterday and today for example (US CST) where I happen to be at currently, the site takes forever to load or switch pages and I get a site is loading too slowly error code or it just freezes. I have usually give up and then I come back later - early in the morning usually after 3am and I can get on. The other thing I have noticed lately is that the updates are not available at the time they usually are. I have always been able to find new programs available by 5am US EST, but now it seems to be almost the next afternoon before they are available. I hope they get the problems sorted soon, I find it really frustrating and if I was new to the site I probable would never have signed up or become a VIP member. Up until recently, I have loved having access to my programs, as I travel constantly and this way I have a consistent way of catching up on them.

So, it isn't just me...

Thanks for your replies...it's good to know it just isn't me. Is there someone official who could address what's going on with the site recently? Does anyone know if someone is addressing/resolving these problematic issues? How can I contact such a person? I appreciate those who have responded, maybe if we continue to put our "voices" out there, we will be heard and all will once again be reliable.

Reply 4#4 pjrplay1's post

I posted about the problem in Site Management with a link to this thread. When Admin checks in they will see there are still problems. I think it might be the change of server, but I'm not positive. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Same Problem!

It happen also to me from time to time but I can still manage to connect and just refresh the page when it freeze. I thought that it is just fine coz I'm no more than a month member.... And I think the SERVER is located in China as what I gathered from the information the moderators posted here.... So I guess the time zone is not really the problem... The problem may be is the traffic and the SERVER's capacity to handle it. And may also the maintenance... And perhaps the MODERATORS should inform this to the ADMIN ASAP! As they have a direct contact with the Admin I guess... Because regular members doesnt have an access to SITE MANAGEMENT forum to bring out this matter. What do you think Barb?

Thanks, Barb!

I appreciate your time and attention to my emails. I sure hope the site gets back to how it used to always be...available and reliable. Maybe they can go back to the previous server??? Fingers crossed that all gets resolved and I can enjoy my programs again.

How's your connection now PJR? coz mine is a little bit ok... we are from the same location i guess....(japan)

It's still not good and basically when I try to view a show, it gets stuck. I have fiber optic internet, so it isn't my internet connection speed or the like. I've checked the site on other computers and the same thing happens. It's just so disappointing because it seems no one is addressing the issue. And yes, I am in Tokyo.

I opened a thread at VIPTV Board... you can add your comments there.

And I'm from Shiga ken

Reply 9#9 pjrplay1's post

Hi, pjr...i live in Tokyo and i use j-com fiber optic internet service. i use this site almost everyday...aside from the site running slower for the past few days, i have absolutely no prob watching the shows...

Same here!

Hi everyone! I'm having problems too. For the past few days, it's been very difficult (and many many times impossible) to access the site. When i finaly manage and i'm watching a show, it sometimes stops a few times while watching (connection problems). I'm using Firefox and Real Player, been using this site without any problems for about 2 years now, and have no problem with my internet connection as all the other sites are absolutely fine. Just so you know, it took me ages just now to be able to log in and post a message on this thread (can't find the special thread created for the admin btw). Can we please know what's going on, and if/when it will be sorted out? Thanks

I don't know what is going on but I am having trouble too. I know Admin is working on updating our system so maybe we just need to hang in there another few days. Make sure to play everything in realplayer mode you can always hit stop and play over and over until you get it to play and you can watch the show load. maybe hit pause when it starts and go get a snack to give it time to load before you watch.

Okay

Tina: Thanks for confirming that Admin is doing some work...so if it's just needing to be patient, I can do that, so long as all goes back to normal at some point. And I do always watch in Real Player Mode and with my fiber optic internet, it only takes 2 or 3 seconds for an episode to load. I've used the site for over 2 years and it's just in the last month that I've been having these problems. Hangin' in there

hope everything will bbe back to normal soon...

This is happening to me in the UK as well, very frustrating as I can't watch anything, it just keeps freezing mid episode.

another sad news

Reply 19#19 rickman's post

It's not a matter of how fast one's connection is or where people are located. The system updates have to do with the server, so the problem is at the source. I'm sure once it's all sorted out the service will return to what we have all come to expect, and from what we have been told, it will be even better.

22 12
Thread