Thread
Printable Version

Difficulty with viewing

Difficulty with viewing

Every episode I try to watch stops and has to re-load or times out. I have tried all the troubleshooting ideas, but it hasn't helped. Is anyone else having trouble recently? What to do?

Hi there, how are you currently viewing it? Do you open it in realplayer mode?

Me Too

I have always had some problem with getting the error code when I first try to run an episode, so I have to go back and try and start the episode again. Sometimes it happened several times for one episode. It has gotten worst lately. I have found that if I use the EU server even though I am in the states it works better. Lately though I too have had it stopping in the middle and I have to restart it. Not every time but about every 3 episode. And yes I am using Real Player Plus and I always have. My computer works fine in all other tasks I give it so I know its not my router or computer. I have just figured its part of how things work at this site.

Reply 2#2 shinny's post

I watch in in RP mode as I always have and I never had any problems, but suddenly now I can't watch anything without it stopping several times throughout one episode. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing RP. hmmmm It's only this site that I have troubles with...I can view other videos from other websites online without any problems. Anyone out there have any suggestions/tho'ts/ideas? Desperate for help!

Reply 4#4 pjrplay1's post

I guess you've done all the obvious things; checked your connection speed, cleared your cache, cleared history, expanded your time out times etc?

Unable to view shows

I'm having trouble too, I've never had trouble before and I have been using viptv.net for over a year now. I am not sure what to do. Please help !!

UGHH!

Quote:
Originally posted by pjrplay1 at 4-2-2009 10:12 Every episode I try to watch stops and has to re-load or times out. I have tried all the troubleshooting ideas, but it hasn't helped. Is anyone else having trouble recently? What to do?
I am having the exact same problems

Same problem here. What is going on? "unable to establish connection with server" or somethign is going on. It's really frustrating. [ Last edited by bklynfit at 4-4-2009 00:29 ]

try clearing cookies/cache/browsing history and restarting your computer. Did you try playing in realplayer mode once the popup player comes up click in the real player icon on the bottom right.

still a no go

I have cleared my cache/history/files and I still can't view shows. This is exactly what happens. The show completely downloads, then after a minute or so, it "pauses". It says it is "communicating" at 99%. Sometimes after a couple of minutes the shows starts playing again, but then it just happens again and again and again and it would take hours to finish one episode. I have used this site for over a year and never had problems before. What could possibly have happened? I have fiber optic internet connection, so it isn't my speed. How can I contact a VIP rep to help me in this matter? I'm sooooo very sad!

Reply 10#10 pjrplay1's post

Did update any software recently? i been asked update real player software i decline-why upgrade it if it already works.

Reply 10#10 pjrplay1's post

Did you check your connection speed details in Realplayer? This is taken from the Realplayer Troubleshooting Thread: Solution 3: Test your connection speed. 1. In RealPlayer, click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens. 2. In the Category pane, click Connection. 3. Click the Test Connection button, then the Perform Test button to determine your current connection speed. 4. Click the Update button to set your minimum bandwidth preference. 5. Click OK. 6. Try to play the clip again. I'd encourage you to read both: VIP Help!!~ Real Player & Other Problems?? (Easy Tips & Fixes) And RealPlayer Troubleshooting Guide (Solutions & Tips) In full. After you have followed all of these solutions and it is still not resolved, then send a PM to Ibjedward => PM lbjedward

Okay, will do...maybe there is something I have missed or need go through all the troubleshooting ideas again. Thanks!

Have you tried copying the link in the pop up window, and pasting it into the Real Player Theater Mode (click on File, and then Open and Ok)?

Reply 13#13 pjrplay1's post

No problem, we're here to help. Sometimes it can be a small thing that is causing all the pain!!

Says "Connecting" and never loads a show, has been doing it for three days now.

Or it says "Done" and just sits there......................

Reply 17#17 iydgiydgi's post

Hi there, have you read any of the guides? Try this one as it has it all in one place: VIP Help!!~ Real Player & Other Problems??

its all working good now folks! i guess its back 95% now.....enjoy!!! [ Last edited by rickman at 7-28-2009 11:39 ]

Thread