Thread
Printable Version

The Listener Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x13 The Journey

Now i remember Toby found the car under the snow were he thought his mother might be but it was empty

Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

what I was thinking throughout the episode: the reason they want him and his brother is probably because of there gift. And Frank was send to tell toby about the things that were happening, so maybe the beacons are coming from his brother and not from his mother. On the other hand his mom was a listener too so they could be from her too.
What I'm curious about is weather there are more bad guys...

Ok so I watched the first episode of this new season and I noticed some changes.
Like the fact that the bad guys were shown as a big part of the storyline
And a new cop being introduced (don't know if that's important)
And Livia pushing Toby to pry in the memories of the girl was a bit akward, but in the end the right thing to do.
The new love interest for Livia is nice and seeing Toby jealous is funny.
Just 1 remark, in the end it looked like they were talking over Charlie as being death, but I thought she made it through...

Reply 2#2 kellemanske's post

Yep she's joining the cast

Now you know why they was a delay between season 1 and two they wanted make changes

Quote:
Just 1 remark, in the end it looked like they were talking over Charlie as being death, but I thought she made it through.
In the Season 2 premiere of 'The Listener' “Lady in the Lake” (Tuesday, Feb. 8 at 10 p.m. ET), Toby Logan (Craig Olejnik) - still haunted by guilt over the murder of his friend Detective Charlie

Source

Reply 2#2 kellemanske's post

2x01 Lady in the Lake
As much as i enjoyed this returning episode with Toby identifying the jogger but not sure about the new cop, i was disappointed there was no connection to the car buried in the snow at the end of last season

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I thought that was a dead end i am sure they planning connect in the future episodes

Crime Seen

Well this was much better episode Tony having explain to cop he mind reader but was reluctant because what happen to Charlie but was forced when undercover cop got killed.

Reply 7#7 bala's post

I think this was a good episode, with the partner not believing him either and him answering to unsaid questions...
But I loved the facereading story. Can't believe she fell for that. I know you can read a lot from someone's face, but not that much, especially without a backstory.
Also nice that they cought the guy.
The ending was good with the 'and vice versa' that was thought instead of said.
But there is something about this cop I really don't like.

Reply 8#8 kellemanske's post

I know what you mean she has a mean face

Reply 7#7 bala's post

This was a great episode, i liked how he said he read faces but eventually had to tell the truth and brown is not a number plus his conversation with their minds was amusing

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

I hope they do more mind conversation that what i liked about the show i liked the fact she still doesn't believe him

In His Sights

The lie detector at start was amusing but catching the shooter proved difficult but Toby range is improving.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

I liked the episode very much. Good that their boss didn't keep asking and just wants him to tell him someday. + Loved the ending And Toby talking the guy down without looking in his brain was nice.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

He certainly proved himself as a confidential informer and his skills are improving

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

But to what end ?

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Being a confidential informer can only help the cop and her career but i expect there will be some hiccups along the way

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

We both know consequence, he's going develop a brain tumour more his powers grow-i seen enough sci-fi show to see this coming a mile away.

I haven't But I hope you're wrong. And the fact that he's an informant helps him to help others and that's what he wants. I don't think he cares that he helps her carrier.

Reply 18#18 kellemanske's post

Yeah it won't happen any time soon but if this show survive few more season it will.

Thread