Thread
Printable Version

The Listener Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 13 The Journey

Another season final but good episode with Toby so close to finding his mother but with Charlie critical in hospital and Olivia now finding out about Toby's powers which i thought see already new but that was funny when see slapped his face in the back of the ambulance

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-14-2009 18:08  
That was a funny opening seen with the woman trying to explain see used the turkey as a cold compress but Toby flashed and saw see through the turkey at him and when Toby confronted her see said its o ...
The daughter who keep fainting was more funnier but Toby telling other cop he dating Charlie was also funny or how about boy who sneezed out the penny from his nose . Well the mother framed her father for 4 million

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-21-2009 18:13  
Another good episode when Toby and Oz's paramedic skills are called into question when, whilst trying to save a victim's life, they trample on a crime scene and compromise the evidence
Yeah it was good episode It a bit hard defend yourself if revealed he can hear what people are thinking,it's put him in a difficult situation. . i thought that old man was toby father but wasn't but he did know his mother.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-28-2009 06:05  
Another season final but good episode with Toby so close to finding his mother but with Charlie critical in hospital and Olivia now finding out about Toby's powers which i thought see already new but  ...
only Charlie know about toby power not Olivia but as you pointed out she know and it was funny when she slapped him-typically women for you . I wonder where she is?.

NBC replacing 'The Listener' with 'Law and Order' repeats

According to Variety, beginning on Thursday, July 30, NBC will air Law and Order reruns at 10 p.m. instead of The Listener. Though the one-hour drama starring Craig Olejnik was supposed to run through August, its ratings have been dismal: last Thursday's episode posted a 0.7 rating and 2 share among adults 18-49. The five remaining episodes will not air.

source

I can't find this show, Is it on the site?

Reply 26#26 kellemanske's post

No it isn't

*finger-crossed*

This has now been added on the site

just saw the pilot, I love this show :d

Reply 29#29 kellemanske's post

It's a  great show need find out whether it been renewed or not ?

Lets cross our fingers...

I just found this on the oficial forum for The Listener on the CTV Homepage:

Season 2 would be Toby's journey to figure out his past, and also to find out who is after him," says executive producer Christina Jennings. "You have this telepath who has kept this secret his whole life, and now three other people know about him. They will go to all lengths to help him and protect him."

Jennings says she won't find out whether or not there will be a second season of The Listener until the middle of September, but has two reasons to be hopeful: decent ratings in Canada, and an worldwide distributor in Fox International.

"We've been in the Top 20 this summer on CTV, sometimes in the Top 10, with close to a million viewers, which is big in Canada," she says. "We've got our fingers crossed. We already know that Fox International wants another season because The Listener was a big hit internationally. They've already told CTV that they will be a partner on another season."

"If you let people know about you, people will tune in and watch, and then the proof is in the pudding," she says. "The frustration with The Listener was that we were up against huge competition with The Mentalist and Royal Pains; stiff competition with no promotion on a network that was No. 4.

"So, it was a foregone conclusion that we wouldn't do that well."

[ Last edited by alexgirl at 8-30-2009 12:23 ]

I saw the final today and I really hope there will be a season 2!!! I'm addicted to this show and I don't want this to get cancelled

Please tell me there's going to be another season of this? I am like in love with this show. And Toby's eyes. Haha. I can not wait for more. I hate cliffhangers.

The Listener Season 2 Discussion

Starts Tuesday, February 8th 2011

Talk about a nice surprise

Reply 33#33 dannixx's post

Well it's taken more than a year but it's back for a second season just found out today

Reply 34#34 bala's post

I'm gonna rewatch the episodes cause besides some small details, I don't remember much of it.

Reply 35#35 kellemanske's post

I'm with you and will have to watch the last episode

Reply 35#35 kellemanske's post

Here my quick recap The listener is about a paramedic who has ability read people minds and we find out that he can't remember his childhood but he has the occasional flashback and he's trying find out his past but in the meantime he help people with their problems.

I might have to re watch last episode to remember what the clif-hanger was   

I'm at episode 3, but since I have vacation now I will be able to watch them all + the new epi by the end of the week

Reply 38#38 kellemanske's post

I'm just going to watch the last episode again

Thread