Thread
Printable Version

Broadband

Broadband

Who has the best value for money and speed

Do we compromise on speed for money
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments

Reply 2#2 bala's post

Would you pay more for fast broadband or settle for the cheapest with a limit or the cheapest with unlimited download

Reply 4#4 bala's post

My provider would charge £5 for 40GB but that would be no good for me

Reply 7#7 01torres's post

I would love something that fast the best so far

Reply 10#10 shinny's post

Looking at the others mine is rubbish so i did a search and the one i have says no limit were the rest say unlimited* (*fair use)

Reply 18#18 joe200101's post

I am also in Birmingham and i use Sky top package so i did a search on my post code and the best i can expect on ADSL is 4MB but as you can see from previous post the best i do get is 1MB

Reply 22#22 joe200101's post

The only way for me to get faster broadband is a cable company

Broadband

I started this back in February and i am still with Sky but they sent me a letter saying that they are increasing the speed up to 20 MB which annoyed me because i was only getting 1 MB. So i tried the router in every phone socket to see if i could improve the speed with no luck so i rang Sky and he tested the line and found no fault but he said that the exchange had been upgraded recently and after a few more test he informed me it was caped at 1024 KB which is 1 MB and he would report it to another team and they should ring me back within 72 hours. Two hours after the phone call i noticed my downloads were quicker so i did another speed test and was surprised at the new speed

Here is a log of the last few tests

Does anyone think Sky owe me a refund of some sort form capping my speed when i have been paying for max for two years

Reply 25#25 bala's post

What is 150 GB a month between friends unlimited should be unlimited. I cant believe the difference the speed makes what would take 2 hours now only takes 20 min

Reply 30#30 spratt89's post

How much of the 50 MB do you actually get and if you don't mind what does it cost

Reply 32#32 spratt89's post

Have you done a speed test recently and if so what is the best speed you have received

Reply 27#27 bala's post

I had a reply from Sky apologizing for the poor download speed and are looking in to why it was so slow but because i received the unlimited usage part of the package are only offering a £10. 00 good will gesture but i feel insulted because i was only receiving about 25% of what the download speed should of been and with it being so slow if i was downloading 24 hours a day then what i could of downloaded was only 25%

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-30-2009 18:37 ]

Reply 46#46 bala's post

It's been a few years since I last updated my speed which has improved after eventually finding a fault on the line which doubled my speed instantly

Reply 48#48 bala's post

That's a good speed and I'm guessing they still used the phone line but that's were I get frustrated when they call it fibre optic and they are using the existing copper phone wire to the exchange

Reply 50#50 bala's post

With everything being wifi enabled you need the extra speed

Reply 53#53 bala's post

Standard as I wount pay the increased price. Even if they do a offer you know will end at some time

Thread