Thread
Printable Version

australian and british shows

australian and british shows

love my vip. any chance of more shows from england or australia? i got hooked on spooks. to all those with problems, give these gr8 ppl time to help u b4 u post so negatively. i am here over a year and other then one or two slow loads, never a problem. they r all so helpful and aim to please. so give them a chance and stop griping. love u vip. phyllis
Recent Ratings
  • cshapiro Points +4 Thanks for your support. 2-25-2009 16:39

Reply 1#1 jofifihn's post

Yes, 9 times out of 10 it is something with your PC or RealPlayer acting weird. I recently began to have many more problems loading etc. Then I discovered that Windows/Microsoft has a free scanner malware removal tool. You run the scan and it picks up things that the freeware programs do not pick up. Both my laptop & my desktop are infected with a virus/malware that Windows Defender (or whatever their free scanner is) cannot delete. Malware is a big problem. My PC's are acting so weird. I have some show sites that I can only access from one computer & not the other one. So all of the people who are complaining about weird problems & error messages, take it from me its probably you. I have found from past experience that the first thing that goes all wonky with an infection is RealPlayer for some reason. I still love this site & will continue to rely on it for complete episodes of many of my favorite shows! Love VIP!

Also, as an American I am so in love with so many of your British/Australian shows. They're so great!!! I don't know how I ever lived without BBC/Sky etc.
Recent Ratings
  • cshapiro Points +4 Thank you for your support. 2-25-2009 16:40

I couldn't agree more, I also use the movie disc by mail service and can't get enough of the British and Australian dramas. I'm not that keen on the comedies but I don't really like US comedy half-hours either. There are a few I make an exception for 'Keeping Up Appearances" and "As Time Goes By," (of course anything with Dame Judi Dench and Jeffrey Palmer in it is always an exception.) Another possible fix for a lag in loading is to try a Windows freeware program called "Startup Inspector" that will tell you which programs you are loading when you start your computer so you can clean it up - my understanding is that this is using RAM that isn't necessary and that slows things down. You probably have stuff you don't even realize is loading this way I know I was really surprised at all the programs I really didn't want loading this way.

They should put up the original Kath & Kim just so the Americans can see how they completely ruined it

Thread