27 12
Thread
Printable Version

Anyone in Aussie or NZ having loading issues?

Anyone in Aussie or NZ having loading issues?

I am a new user to the site and have tried many different things... I was able to watch episodes (free shows) Friday night (15 hours ahead of US etc) with now problems, but then all through this weekend, I've had continuous loading problems... I have tried loading it in Real Player mode, and it will load to about 76% and then just stay there... I tried watching a VIP show (I have points) and the same thing happened (I lost 2 points). Is this due to server peek times or is this a common problem down in this area of the world? Many thanks for your help Lise

Hi Lise and welcome to the site. It doesn't really matter where you are, so that won't be an issue. Have you made sure your connection speed is correct and increased your timeout seconds? You can do so by: 1. In RealPlayer, click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens. 2. In the Category pane, click Connection. 3. Under Network Time-out, increase the time-out settings by 10 seconds. 4. Click OK. 5. Try to play the clip again. 6. If you still have problems, increase the time-out settings by another 10 seconds and try again. Keep trying until the clip plays or it becomes obvious that increasing the time-out settings will not resolve this problem. Increasing this time also increases the time you wait for a time-out message to appear. Let me know how you get on.

Reply 1#1 lisecnz's post

Welcome to friendvista! I haven't experienced any problems, and I live in Sweden. To get your lost points back, send a PM to lbj with your viewing history. Read this post.

I'm in Qld and seem to have no problems except for the slow buffering time due to bigponds crappy internet speed. Apparently we have the 4th slowest internet in the world. Sorry I couldn't be a bigger help

Hi everyone Thanks so much for the suggestions! I have increased the time-out settings to 300/300 but will try it in 10 increments and see if that makes a different. I'm in QLD as well but with 3, they are actually very fast internet (3.6mbps) which is pretty good for this area of the world... I can upgrade to faster, but for now this is what I can afford. Would this speed be the issue? I wouldn't have thought so, because I can watch other streaming programs from other sites (not as good as VIPTV though!) with no problem. Just seems weird that it would work one night and then not the next! That's what lead me to believe it could be server peek times... Thanks again for all your help, I will keep you posted if it changes and will keep an eye on times as well, in case it does make a difference!! Take care Lise

Update: for the past two nights I have not been able to watch any programs! They load to about 50%, one loaded to 99% and then wouldn't go any further! I am trying to watch them all at around the same times, 9:30 - 10:00pm QLD, Aussie time. In fact, the whole VIPTV site is slow for me, takes forever for pages to load... not having problems with other websites. Is it just me? I've since found out that 3.6mbps is not that great, but again, I sill fail to see how one night I can watch back to back episodes with no problems and then for the past two nights, not see any! Very frustrating! Any thoughts/suggestions welcome! Take care Lise

Reply 6#6 lisecnz's post

The only thing that I can suggest is a clean reinstall of Realplayer. You just uninstall it and then reinstall it. Generally speaking, if you have tried everything else from RealPlayer Troubleshooting Guide (Solutions & Tips) and none of that works, we recommend a reinstall of Realplayer. That speed is fine. I'm using my USB Broadband connection today and it's the same speed as you have. It works fine.

Reply 6#6 lisecnz's post

I have to agree with Shinny that you speed is not a problem, as most episodes are 300Kbps (Kbps means Kilobytes per second) which is only 8% of your maxmuim bandwidth for any given second. I would try Shinny's suggest about reinstalling Realplayer and see if that fixes it. If not I would suggest trying other sites that use realplayer and see if they load for you (I would suggest Radio Tower). About the site loading slowly, much of the code is very inefficient (according to a member making the pages 200x bigger than they need to be) web causing longer load times for the web pages (the admins are currently working on) but there could be other possible reasons. [ Last edited by 01torres at 2-25-2009 15:18 ]
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Sometime things glitch out for me and its because I've had my computer running for days if not weeks, usually I just restart it and it fixes it

Thanks guys, I will try the uninstall option for Realplayer and then do the reinstall... glad the internet connection isn't the problem - I didn't think it would be, but it pays to check. You guys rock, I really do love this site!! Take care Lise

Reply 10#10 lisecnz's post

Hi Lise, no problem at all. Come back and let us know if that helped or not (so we can get our thinking caps back on!!) Shinny

Update 2 - hi everyone, so I did as suggested, and did a "clean" uninstall of Real Player and installed v10.5. I also tried "radio tower" and was able to stream the stations with Real Player no problem. I was able to load a program using the EU server, but the sound cut out while numbers continued to increase but the video stopped as well. I had no luck on the US server. I was trying to watch a free show "Privileged" Season 1, ep15. This is the third night I've had no luck :-( I'm really not sure what else I can do... can someone try this particular program and episode and see if they have any issues? It could be that the internet connection here just isn't good enough. What confuses me though is last week and over the weekend, I was able to watch programs with pretty good success, only had to restart my computer once and it worked fine after that... Any ideas/suggestions would be welcome! Take care Lise

Reply 12#12 lisecnz's post

Hi Lise! After you downloaded the Real Player, did you check for updates? Do so by clicking on Tools and then Check for updates. Download all the updates.

Lise, try this for me. Open Realplayer, go to File => New => New Web browser. Open up the episode you want to watch. From the top status bar cop the address of that episode. Paste it into the Web browser you opened in realplayer. Does this load better? Come back and let me know.

The episode works fine! Hope you've had better luck since x

Hi Shinny I did as you asked and it makes no difference... I can't seem to get anything to play now! I don't know what has happened... maybe I need a new laptop I think! I will leave it for a few days and see what happens. Thanks so much for all your help!

Reply 16#16 lisecnz's post

Is your computer slow? Maybe you've got a virus, spyware or something?

I thought the same thing too, but did virus scan and defrag on it last night, it doesn't seem to have made any difference. What is slow is the web for me, only in the last week or so has it really slowed down, I check the connection speed etc and it still says 3.6mbps, but I wonder if that is entirely true. In any case, my laptop is 3 years old and perhaps if I was using something newer I wouldn't have an issue. I just don't understand what the change is... prior to last weekend, the net was nice and fast and I was happily watching my tv programs! I think my next step is to take the laptop back to factory install, do a full reinstall of the operating system and start fresh! Thanks for all your help :-)

Reply 18#18 lisecnz's post

Lise, you can't trust what your Service Provider tells you what you *should* have. I use this website to check my real broadband speed: http://www.broadbandwatchdog.co.uk/speed-test.php It's very accurate.

Reply 19#19 shinny's post

I just tried that link and this is the result
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments

27 12
Thread