Thread
Printable Version

taking ages to load

taking ages to load

Hi! I have been having loads of issues with shows taking really long (5-6 minutes) to load and sometimes stopping a few minutes after starting. I'v never had this problem in the past and have started encountering it in the past week or so. Does anyone have any tips to fix this problem? Could this be because of server downtime or something? I am using a MacBook and everything else is working fine! I am a big fan of this site and even though I sometimes complain about losing too many points I have been a regular user for almost 2 years now - would really appreciate some help to renew the good viewing experience that I'v become used to! Thanks!

Reply 1#1 rd27302's post

I don't know much about mac but I do know for most people who encounter this they play in realplayer mode instead of the pop up window and this fixes most issues also if you have problems you can hit stop and play over and over until it works without it counting as a click. Go here for more information: http://friendvista.com/forum/vie ... 2700&extra=page%3D1 P.S. Love your avatar.

iv just tried that and it seems to be working! yay! thanks!!

NP.

I've been having the same problem. The whole site is VERY slow for me. When I load in Real Player, it still only gets to 54% loaded and doesn't get much farther than that. I thought it might have been a problem with one particular show I was trying to watch, but it seems to be all the shows I try to watch. I haven't had this problem before. Any tips? Thanks so much.

Reply 5#5 robyn1018's post

Hi robyn1018. Sorry to hear you're having problems. It's very annoying, I know. Have you made sure your connection speed is correct and increased your timeout seconds? If not, read this thread. Are you behind a firewall? Read this information. If you've lost points, read this thread to get them back. When you try to solve your problem, always try free shows so you won't lose points.

Thread