Thread
Printable Version

Videos' will not load

Videos' will not load

For about 3 days now whenever I click on a video link I get a pop up window like usual but the player doesnt load i only get a black screen. any ideas? - Stark

Reply 1#1 Stark's post

Try using IE instead of Firefox.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 1#1 Stark's post

Did you try watching an episode in Real Player? If you haven't, try this: Click on an episode (use one of the free tv-shows until you have solved the problem) and copy the link in the pop up window. Open Real Player and paste the link in File - Open - OK. Did you lose points? Read the information in this post.

I had just finished watching a video and it was working fine and wanted to watch another, now I can't get it to load. All I get is the pop-up and a black screen . the bottom says 'done' but it never loaded this is the first time this has happened for me im signed in, i have loads of points left i tried several different shows but all the same result im using firefox and realplayer and i never logged out or anything thanks for any advice

Quote:
Originally posted by serena75 at 2-7-2009 14:48 Did you try watching an episode in Real Player? If you haven't, try this: Click on an episode (use one of the free tv-shows until you have solved the problem) and copy the link in the pop up window. O ...
thanks i took your advice. the window would pop up but not load but the url address was on top and copy and pasted it- i manually went into my realplayer (i have it on my desktop) and entered it in the url space and it worked...thanks! an extra step but at least it works [ Last edited by brokengirl01 at 2-8-2009 13:44 ]

Reply 5#5 brokengirl01's post

I am having this trouble on ie it was driving me nuts because it was the same anywhere that hosted realplayer So now for watching I use firefox and have no trouble at all.

yeah i never use ie i prefer firefox and it still wouldnt work, even though i had JUST finished watching one just fine.. the above tip worked though..just a weird glich i guess hope everyone else having this problem can figure it out

Reply 7#7 brokengirl01's post

I'm happy my advice helped you with your problem
Recent Ratings
  • dognxtdoor Points +10 Excellent work.... :) 2-8-2009 08:45

Something has changed lately. The RP plugin loads but I have to click on the play arrow. Video doesn't start automatically like it used to. Not sure if the same happens for people using windows though. Hey, maybe that's why my index looks exhausted! All this clicking!

Reply 9#9 vic1992's post

I have Windows Vista and IE has been giving me heck with realplayer so I use firefox now just for viewing.

Thread