Thread
Printable Version

Lost Points Restoration (old thread )

Reply 2#2 shinny's post

It must have changed, because the last time the issue was raised, LBJ assured us that people could use either server within the 24 hours & the 30 clicks. It may have changed when we changed the US server. At least we know now, so hopefully people will pay attention to which server they are using. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 17#17 lsoneale's post

I'm sorry to see you go, especially over 2 points. I'd be more than happy to award them to you as forum points, but you'd still have to wait until a Sunday to convert them to points able to be used on the VIP site. You need a minimum of 10 points to convert, so I'll give you 4 points so you can convert them. I'm not sure if you'll be back to use them, but it's the best I can do for now. Also, anyone else who would like there reimbursements awarded as forum points that they can convert, please state so in your post. It might make your wait a little shorter, as it appears admin has been busy taking care of other important business.

Reply 15#15 tedhowell's post

Previously, one could use either server in the 30 click/24 hour limit. I'm not sure when this changed, but I'm fairly sure it was about a month or so ago when we changed servers. The only thing I can suggest is to take note of your point balance before you begin watching any shows, and if more than 2 points is deducted for 1 show, please do not hesitate to let us know. We are happy to reimburse even a few lost points. As for the delay in reimbursements, it could be caused by the earthquake and aftershocks that took place earlier this month in China. While the quake was not in the direct vicinity of where our Admins reside, it has been a major catastrophe and shock for the nation. Many people lost friends or other loved ones and others are doing what they can to help in any way they can. It's amazing that everything has been continuing to run so smoothly on the site considering what has happened, so I ask that members try to be patient. Your issues will be dealt with as soon as possible. Unfortunately, at this time, moderators only have the authority to award forum points, or we would have gladly stepped in to assist in this matter.

NOTICE!

This is to make a clarification and correction. The statement in the first post was incorrect and has been edited. POINTS - you can click on the same episode for as many as 30 times within 24 hours on EITHER SERVER for the initial 2 points. Please pay attention to your point number BEFORE clicking on any shows. Take note of your points at the end of your viewing also. If you have been deducted more than 2 points for 1 episode in the alloted time - then you should post for points to be reimbursed. One suggestion - PM yourself at the end of each viewing session with your point balance. That way you'll know where to find it. (I do this with episode #s) I hope that clears things up for everyone.

Reply 28#28 stone's post

I'm sorry Stone, I don't understand your post. Could you be more specific about what point you're referring to? It may just be me, but it's not clear which poster you're addressing. Thanks.

Reply 30#30 trulee's post

That makes sense. For the life of me I couldn't put the 2 together earlier...but it has been a long day, and I was at the dentist earlier, so maybe the scraping jostled some brain cells out of place.

Reply 37#37 mssweet's post

What are you trying to watch? Is it still 1x07 of The X-Files? Some episodes are having problems, and some people have had trouble with the EU server today. Star Trek: Voyager 2x15 is not there at all, and does what you described. If you let me know what you are attempting to watch I can test it to see if it's a problem with the upload or a problem on your end. Please DO provide state how many points you have been mistakenly overcharged. They will be reimbursed. edited: I just noticed you already provided your viewing history above. OK, I've checked the episode and it loads fine. Ae you opening your own RealPlayer when it starts? To do this right click on the initial pop-up box and select play in Real Player or Play in Real Player Theater Mode. If the episode will only load to a certain point, watch up to there. If it starts communicating, look at the time, press stop then start and drag the bar to the time where you left off. Let it load some more. Check your RP settings for optimal viewing. Hopefully these suggestions will help alleviate your problem. [ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-18-2008 18:22 ]

Reply 42#42 mssweet's post

That's strange. Do you have your own RP downloaded? If not, that may be why it won't allow it. I've not heard of that problem before. The benefit of using your own RP is that you don't have to reclick on the initial box or the episode number, thus giving you more opportunities to try without the risk of point loss. I know I have checked my own viewing history after having to restart episodes, but through my RP, and there's only one showing in my history. I checked the episode you mentioned on the US server, I'm having trouble with the EU server today, and it's working. BTW, it's not necessary to right click on the RP logo, just in the box, in order for the menu to open.

Reply 44#44 mssweet's post

EDIT: I found someone else who's had the same problem, so it's not just you. Since it's not happening on every episode, I think there might be a glitch in the system. Sorry for the hassle, but I originally posted the following tips: I don't think that will be necessary, as the initial pop-up is the same for everyone. Have you used your RP fo anything else lately? It may need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled. If that is the case make sure to do a CLEAN UNINSTALL. The directions for how to do that can be found in: VIP Help!!~ Real Player & Other Problems?? (Easy Tips & Fixes) Another suggestion is to do a dns flush. Directions: click start menu click on Run type in: cmd hit OK type in: ipconfig/flushdns hit enter Also, check your firewall settings. Has anyone else been using your computer? If so, they may have changed settings, or downloaded programs without telling you. In the meantime, I'll ask around to see if anyone else has come across the problem you're having. While you might not need these tips now, keep them in mind if you have problems in the future.

Reply 46#46 ionicm's post

I tried it on botheservers. I also got the grey time out screen about 6 times in a row on the US server. It worked on the EU server, and you can switch servers on the same 2 points to try and watch the episode. It's 30 clicks within 24 hours for the initial 2 points. Do try again. When the initial screen pops up and starts loading (even if it's the grey time out or invalid screen) right click on the box and select Play in Real Player mode or Real Player Theater mode. Even if you have to stop and retart it you will not be charged more points. If you are unsuccessful with this please let us know, but first check the basic Suggestions to Help Your Viewing Experience, as you will find these tips quite useful. Good luck with your viewing, and let us know if you have better success.

Reply 48#48 ofankhau's post

We do have a system. Just because episodes show up multiple times in your viewing history does not mean you have been charged multiple times for it. Our system is 2 points per episode. Those 2 points are good for 30 clicks and up to 24 hours on either server. Changing to theater mode should not affect your points, in fact, it is what we recommend for optimal viewing. Your account will be looked into and you will be reimbursed for lost points. Please make sure to pay attention to your point balance at the beginning & end of your viewing so you can keep track of any that are charged in error. Thank you for your feedback. ~Barb

Reply 51#51 walt526's post

Just because something shows up more than once in your viewing history does not mean you have been charged more than once for it. Please take note of how many points you have at the beginning and end of any viewing period so you can be sure of any lost points. It is up to the administrator in charge of points as to how many you will be reimbursed.

Reply 55#55 jazzie13's post

FYI, the number of times an episode shows up in your viewing history does NOT equal the amount of times you have been charged for it. It only indicates how many times you clicked on the episode. The Adminstrator will be able to determine how many point you are owed. In future, just for your own reference, keep track of your points at the beginning and end of your viewing session. It will enable you to know exactly how many points you have been charged and if you have been overcharged for any episode.

Reply 57#57 jazzie13's post

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - I've been out of town. You shouldn't have to provide any other information. The admin has access to accounts so that's no worry.

Reply 63#63 KEALEYKEEL's post

Our admin does check this thread, so you will be reimbursed for lost points. I know it's odd, but it seems to happen more often to some people than others - the being double-charged. I'm not sure why that is, but I just wanted to mention you can switch servers without it costing more points. If you are double-charged for a server change please feel free to ask for a reimbursement for that as well.

Reply 68#68 stefanben's post

The Admin in charge of accounts can access your account, so they'll be able to see how many points you have been charged. I just thought I add a suggestion for you since you have been mistakenly charged for free shows (which occasionally happens). When viewing the free shows you don't have to log into your account. That way there's no chance of being charged by mistake. To keep track of which episode you're up to, you can always send yourself a PM here in the forum. This is something I do. I put the show and episode # in the subject line...ex: The 4400 4x12; then in the body I just write watch next. I update it as I watch the episodes and just delete the old PMs. It ensures I don't have to go searching for a piece of paper that I may have jotted the episodes down on and I often have more than one show in the PM. Just a suggestion, but one I find quite useful. ~Barb

Thread