Thread
Printable Version

new MAC

new MAC

Hi, I just got a new macbook computer, and I am having trouble watching any tv shows on it. When I click the link for an episode, it tells me that I am missing 2 plug-ins, but then tells me the plug-ins are unknown. I downloaded both firefox and real player. Any idea what else I need?

Did you install Firefox and then install real player?

Reply 1#1 sultytara's post

I'm not using Mac, but I had a lot of trouble installing the plugins for firefox. I had to use Explorer to download the plugins, and install them separately. For real player, download ALL the plugins, even the ones you don't think you'll need.

Firstly let me welcome you to the wonderful world of Mac!! I'm on a mac also and let me say patience is needed sometimes when dealing with plug ins. Like Serena said download all the plug ins for real player. But 1st un-install FireFox and real player and than download them all over again (the newest version) - I know this sounds silly but it does actually work. Another trick is try both servers - due to some glitch i was only able to watch shows on the US server for about a month some time ago. As I said patience is key this site does work for those of us on Macs keep us updated if your having still having problems, I'm not the only Mod on a mac so others may have some suggestions. good luck

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Like Kim said, welcome to the wonderful world of Macs I too am a Mac user and it took some time for me to figure out everything with this site on a Mac since most of the help was for PCs. We have created a Mac guide that you can check out here. Below are just a few little tips I discovered during my year and a half on this site and with a Mac: 1. I like Safari better than Firefox. I had more problems on Firefox so I switched to Safari and barely have had problems. 2. I did go through a time where neither Safari or Firefox worked very well. Instead I started watching the videos directly in RealPlayer. Here's how to do that: --Open up RealPlayer --Go File-->Open Location-->enter the url for the site viptv.net --You should then be taken to the vip homepage and can use RealPlayer as you would any other browser Hopefully one of these solutions will work, but if not, let us know what you did and what is still not working so we can find some other way to get you watching again!

in case you are still having trouble try installing the plugings and then running the website on on safari once the videos work on safari reinstall firefox and it should work fine i find that while it is easier to use install extra plugins through realplayer, i get smoother viewing and less dropped connections while using firefox! hope that helps!

Thread