23 12
Thread
Printable Version

AFR Pit Stop #5

AFR Pit Stop #5

Welcome to Paraguay!! How was this last Leg? Only a few rounds left. Here is the 1st Trivia Question: Paraguay is 1 of 2 landlocked countries in South America. What is the other?

RACING TO THE FINISH

Bolivia Who is the current Paraguay leader

A Fernando Lugo Q What is the Official language See you at the Finish

fernando lugo what is the currency of paraguay?
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

Reply 4#4 angel-87's post

A. Guarani Q. what is the capital of Paraguay? Racing to the finish

Reply 4#4 angel-87's post

You forgot to put "Racing to the finish"

A: AsunciĆ³n Q: What does the word Paraguay mean in the Guarani Indian language? racing to the finish

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

it means 'place of great water' what is the west of paraguay known as? racing to the finish
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

Reply 8#8 angel-87's post

close! the definition i had was "a place with a great river"

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply #8 angel-87's post

the chaco! what paraguayan rock band sings this song? (pm me if you need a hint!) racing to the finish here i am but you don't see me i'm still the same even if you're not i think about you, can't leave you behind it'd be better not to think about you how can i forget you? you're not sorry, you never shut up, never stop no one's going to hurt you i just wanna know if you're with me now and till the end... here's the link if you can't get it to play, i'm not sure what's up with the site... play me [ Last edited by sddvasquez at 2-4-2009 00:55 ] [ Last edited by gabsimom at 2-4-2009 17:04 ]
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

grr, the player still isn't working in firefox for us and ie says ready but doesn't play. can any mods figure it out? well, whoever's next try the play me link and take your best guess. i'll check back in the morning!

Reply 10#10 sddvasquez's post

Q. Lanzamiento Q. How many airports are in Paraguay? Racing to the finish

In my opinion...

I dont think the trivia questions for this segment of the race should be so difficult and hard to research and having to get players to play files and such. This is where we are supposed to come after we have completed the quizzes so I dont think people should be halted because of a difficult question at the pit stop. If this is not the case, then I guess my next pitstop question will be also very difficult. fair is fair right? I wasnt making my questions so hard before because I was under the impression for some reason that it should be not too easy but just hard enough to make someone do the research but if everyone is getting really creative and crafty with the questions, we may have a lot of members start to drop out because they cant finish. Plus we are on time schedule so checking back and forth will be really time consuming. Not too be a thorn but just my opinion. [ Last edited by djdoctone at 2-4-2009 16:58 ]

There is a post here that keeps crashing firefox on me i get a Runtime Error! R6034 PS i have come in now on IE See you at the Finish [ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-4-2009 17:08 ]

I make most of my questions easy to semi hard. Racing to the finish

I deleted the song file from sddvasuez's post as it may be the culprit and was not working for some strange reason anyway. I know the forum has been acting up the last couple of days and lbjedward is looking in to it. Djdoctone I don't think sdd thought her question was too hard. She offered to give hints and left me with one as well. a song, lyrics and a picture were all given that should of made it easy. I am sorry you had a difficult time of it. I am sure everyone will consider your post for the next pit stop. It is suppose to be fun and a little difficult. Some people will find some things easier than others and the the things others find easy they find hard. Chin up.

Reply 16#16 gabsimom's post

Thanks that has fixed the problem See you at the Finish

Reply #12 djdoctone's post

sorry you found that so difficult djdoctone. as gabsimom pointed out i did leave several clues and offered to pm more (as well as left her one in case she was online when i wasn't). googleing any combination of paraguay/paraguayan music and/or rock would have given you, as the first option, the wiki for paraguay music, which has 7 rock bands listed, only one of which has seven letters (i left the top part of the band's name visible at the bottom of the picture). the correct answer is area 69. i don't think you can be penalized for this section since gabsimom doesn't have control over the questions. i do wish you would have used the question as the opportunity for camaraderie that is the whole purpose of this site - i would have been more than happy to help you, tell you why i picked the song (the spanish was the clearest i could find, which is why i left the english translation), kid with you about how the race gets harder every round... don't be discouraged, djdoctone. gabsimom puts a lot of time and effort into this for us and i wanted to be up to her level of creativity, not cause you heartache. this is about having fun together so keep up all the good work.

Reply 18#18 sddvasquez's post

I am not discouraged sdd, I was just stating my opinion. The fact that you must give clues to another member just in case is a hint that it may be a little too hard to find. So that would mean I can send a pm, wait for the response, get another clue, check again, maybe send another clue, wait again......not everyone has so much time and we also have a time limit. Plus maybe two or three people are sending pms and getting clues and searching only to find someone beat them to it. That is a bit much IMO. I did research for quite some time and I still couldnt find it and I am not so bad at these things plus you left audio that was having trouble and so like I said, I think thats a little over the top because I would like to not have to go through so much for just the pitstop portion of the race. My time is a little bit limited. But like I said, if this is the norm than I would try and make my own questions a lot harder and more complex to be fair. I wasnt discouraged. Maybe this style could be a whole other quiz or something? Anyway, I love this site and am loving this race.

Reply 12#12 djdoctone's post

A - 7 airports and there Name are Asuncion Pettirossi Ciudad Del Este Garcia Encarnacion Alarcon Filadelfia Mariscal Estigarribia Pedro Juan Caballero Amambay Pilar Q - Elevation extremes: highest point: and lowest point: See you at the Finish

23 12
Thread