Thread
Printable Version

Supernatural Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 17: Hell House

I thought this was a pretty decent episode, the main villain in this episode turning out to be mystical symbol was good as it had not been done before but overall the case was a little boring and the ending of the case was rubbish, this episode also did a great job of dealing with some guys acting like amateur paranormal investigators, A.J. Buckley and Shane Meier were both impressive and funny in this episode as the paranormal investigators, one other thing I noticed about this episode was that it had allot more comedy moments than all the previous episodes and that was mainly down to the jokes Dean and Sam played on each other.

Episode 18: Something Wicked

This was a very good episode, this episode was good for many reasons one of those reasons being Dean having to relive a childhood memory, the way Dean made this case personal was good to see as it showed us a different side to him, Dean and Sam using Michael as bait to stop the Shtriga was a risk that I for one wouldn't of taken but in the end it worked, I loved the part when that Elderly Patient caused Dean and Sam to jump, the look on Dean's face after being scared was brilliant, the comment Dean made about the elderly patient once they got back to the motel was funny but Sam teasing Dean about what happened was funnier.

Episode 19: Provenance

This was a good episode with a very strong supporting cast, I thought this was a very strong episode for Sam as he liked Sarah but was afraid to get close to her because of what happened to Jessica, the way Dean tried to hook Sam and Sarah up was kind of sweet but in the end Sam and Sarah did kind of hook up, the case itself was good but the shock that the little girl killed the family was well shocking and a great twist that I never saw coming, Dean made a great comment towards the end and that comment was, I'm the one who burned the doll and destroyed the spirit, but don't thank me or anything.

Episode 20: Dead Man's Blood

This was a great episode that also saw the return of Daddy Winchester John, this could be a pivotal episode in this first season as we are introduced to the Colt Gun, the back story of the colt gun was told very well by John, the way Dean and Sam both interacted with John was great to see and it also revealed what was causing the tension between John and Sam, the hunt to get the colt back was good and the introduction of Vampires into the show was also nice to see as it is really the only thing they have not done before, the whole thing about only being able to kill Vampires by beheading was good as that was also different from other shows.

Episode 21: Salvation

This was a brilliant episode, Meg killing 2 of John's friends to try and get hold of the colt made this episode exciting and full of suspense and the way the episode ended was perfect and has set us up nicely for the season finale, I have to say yet again that Nicky Aycox did an incredible job of portraying Meg, I loved the comment Dean made about him having a better chance of winning the lottery than John answering his phone, Dean and Sam interacted unbelievably well in this episode and had some great moments like when Dean told Sam he is barely holding it together.

Episode 22: Devil's Trap

This was a cracking season finale with tons of action and drama, the exorcism Dean and Sam did on Meg was both frightening and a little sad to watch at the end, the introduction of Bobby and the Book Of Solomon are great additions to the show, my favourite scene in this episode was when John was possessed and holding Dean and Sam captive, the ending to this episode with Dean, Sam and John in the car and then being hit by a large truck whose driver was possessed by a demon was brilliant and has left us with an unbelievably good cliffhanger, I am impressed with how Dean is able to keep his emotions in check by making smart ass comments all the time.

Supernatural Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 2 begins

Episode 1: In My Time Of Dying

This was a great start to season 2, I like that this episode started off exactly where the last episode finished, the main thing that I liked about this episode was that Dean while near death had a reaper coming for him, I enjoyed watching the scenes between Dean and Tessa even if Tessa turned out to be the reaper, I was torn on how to feel about John dying after making a deal with the yellow eyed demon to save Dean, the best scene from this episode for me was the Sam using a Ouija board to communicate with Dean, the most touching part of this episode was the conversation John and Dean had just before John died.

Episode 2: Everybody Loves A Clown

I thought this was a good episode, my favourite part of this episode was the burning of the body/funeral of Dean and Sam's father John, I found it funny when Jo punched Dean in the face, the case of the killer clown was great and a little funny to watch, the very first scene Dean had with the blind guy/killer clown was another funny part of this episode, I hope we see Ellen and Jo again at some point as they could be good for the show, Ash was a very likeable character, It may of taken to the end of this episode but we finally got to see Dean show some feelings for John's death, one other thing that was funny about this episode was the mini van Dean and Sam had to use.

Episode 3: Bloodlust

This was another good episode, it may only be me but I loved the first scene of Dean driving the newly repaired Impala while Sam made some jokes, I like the fact that after just 3 episodes of season 2 Dean and Sam have already made Gordon a fellow hunter dislike them, my favourite scene from this episode has to be the conversation Dean and Sam had in the parking lot which ended with Dean punching Sam, I had to agree with Sam that if these vampires were not killing anybody then they are not evil, in my opinion this episode gave Dean and possibly Sam some character development.

Episode 4: Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

This was a great episode to watch, I could not believe Sam and a reluctant Dean go and visit their mums grave and somehow stumble into something supernatural going on, I can admit the only downside to this episode was that is was to easy to figure out it was Neil that brought Angela back from the dead, damn Dean was on edge in this episode and he was a little scary more than once, my favourite part of this episode was the ending when Dean finally opened up about his feelings to Sam about their fathers death, Neil kind of got was coming to him in the end for bringing Angela back.

Episode 5: Simon Said

This was another great episode, the main reason I thought this episode was great was because we got back on track with Sam and his psychic powers caused by the yellow eyed demon, It might only be me but I am hoping that something happens between Dean and Jo as I think they would make a good couple, I found it a little funny that Andy talked Dean into giving him the Impala, the suicides in this episode were disturbing and the most disturbing was the lady setting herself on fire, I absolutely loved the twist that Andy had an evil twin brother called Ansen, I'm glad that Ellen and Jo now know of Sam's powers as they can now help.

Episode 6: No Exit

This was a brilliant episode to watch, I can now say without a shadow of a doubt that I don't see Dean and Jo getting together as Ellen would probably kill Dean, Jo was quite bossy and a little annoying so  I don't think she should be a hunter, I loved how the evil thing Dean, Sam and Jo were after in this episode turned out to be the first ever US Serial Killer H. H. Holmes, the only bad thing about this episode is how the hell could nobody hear the walls being smashed in, you have to love the way they buried H H Holmes once and for all so he cant hurt anybody else, I loved the twist at the end of this episode as we learnt that John was responsible for Jo's father dying.

Episode 7: The Usual Suspects

This was a pretty great episode in my opinion, the best parts of this episode for me was when Dean was being sarcastic as it made me laugh every time, I like how at the beginning of this episode they kept going back and forth between past and present time of the case they were working on, I liked the fact that the vengeful spirit that was responsible for a couple of deaths was only getting revenge on the people who killed her, I thought that Linda Blair did a pretty good job of playing Det. Diana Ballard, I was not all that surprised that Det. Peter Sheridan turned out to be a bad guy as I never liked him from the first moment we saw him.

Episode 8: Crossroad Blues

This was a very good episode to watch, the only downside to this episode was that it was a little slow paced at the beginning, the biggest thing to come from this episode is the fact that Dean and Sam's father John may be in hell due to the deal he made to save Dean's life, It might only be me but Dean is scary when he acts as if his life does not mean anything, those devil dogs are just plain scary and I would hate to have one of them after me, I really did think Dean was going to make the deal to bring John back for a second, I would say Dean got more character development in this episode.

Episode 9: Croatoan

I thought this was a pretty good episode, the ending to this episode was my favourite part as they have teased us about what John whispered into Dean's ear before he died in the season 2 premier, I  the action scenes in this episode but I kind of hoped for more, I really enjoyed the emotional talk Dean and Sam had at the hospital after Sam kind of got effected, I did find it a little creepy how everyone effected in the town could just disappear, what really annoyed me was that Sarge got killed at the end by Duane Tanner who was possessed by a demon connected to the yellow eyed demon.

Episode 10: Hunted

This was a brilliant episode, this episode was definitely driven by the yellow eyed demon storyline, the major thing to come out of this episode for me was that Dean let Sam know that John told him to save Sam and if that fails kill Sam, I loved the Ava Wilson character as I found her funny most of the time, Gordon returning and being a pain in the side of Dean and Sam again all because he knows about Sam's powers was great to see, I had a big grin on my face when Sam got Gordon arrested after surviving his little death trap while saving Dean, It was a little sad to see that Ava might of joined the dark side after her fiancée had been killed by a demon.

Episode 11: Playthings

This was a good episode, my favourite scene from this episode was when Sam was drunk and called Dean Bossy and Short which was followed by a slightly weird conversation between Dean and Sam, I find it funny how some people seem to think Dean and Sam are a gay couple when they go to get a room to stay in while working a case, I was somewhat shocked to learn that Maggie the imaginary friend of Tyler's turned out to be Rose's sister who was responsible for the bad things that had happened at the building, I was happy that Susan said thanks to Dean and Sam.

Episode 12: Nightshifter

This was an unbelievable episode to watch, Charles Malik Whitfield as FBI Agent Victor Henricksen is a great addition to the show as a possible recurring character and a new problem for Dean and Sam to worry about, Ronald Reznick was a brilliant character for this episode and I was a little sad when he got killed, It seemed that Ronald dying effected Dean for a brief moment, I really do hate shape shifters as they are so damn tricky and clever and always seem to kick Dean's butt, I loved how Dean and Sam just walked out of the bank dressed as SWAT Officers and made there escape.

Episode 13: Houses Of The Holy

This was a very good episode, the main thing to come from this episode was Sam clinging on to his faith which Dean even if he did not believe in helped him do in the end as it might save him from what is coming, I like that throughout this whole episode they made you think it was an Angel that was making these people commit the murders of evil people but it was just a dead Priest called Father Gregory who thinks he is doing Gods work, my favourite scenes from this episode was the Séance Sam did and what followed involving Sam, Father Gregory and Father Reynolds.

Thread