39 12
Thread
Printable Version

Bones Season 1-10 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 154#154 arksongbird80's post

The promos for the epi were alright, but I guessed within 5 minutes of the episode that Bones was preggers.  I didn't know Emily was until I googled it - because she looked preggers to me.  After all the hype, they could have at least given us a decent kiss.  Last week's epi left it up in the air as to whether anything happened, though I figured it did the way she looked when telling Angela.

BTW, I liked that Hodgins & Angela added Vincent as one of the baby's middle names.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 8#8 sanggye's post

I agree it's an impediment, but it depends on how long the show keeps going.  I think Booth would tolerate a lot in order to be a live in father to this child, knowing how hard he's found being a part-time parent to Parker.  People can live with such differences, as hard as it is, if they really want to make it work.  It makes their dynamic more interesting.

Reply 12#12 sanggye's post

I was laughing like a loon at Bones trying to put herself in Booth's shoes.  Her running at that coach & competitive eater was hysterical.

The new guy is alright, but that accent is going to wear thin very fast.  I found it irritating because it didn't sound authentic.

Reply 16#16 sanggye's post

I've heard similar too, but even the most redneck people I've met don't use so many of those sayings.  I was thinking that he may be doing it for affect too.  The Muslim guy (awful - I can't remember his name) did it for a reason, so if it IS for affect, I'm wondering what the reason could be unless it's to see if he can be taken seriously as a scientist while using such "down-home" sayings.  

edit:  I looked his name up & it's Arastoo Vaziri.  I felt rude calling him the Muslim guy.

Reply 18#18 sanggye's post

I know, but I don't generally identify characters by their race or religion.  

Reply 21#21 sanggye's post

That also made me LOL!

We don't have those particular sayings in Canada, but each region has it's own colloquialisms.  You know what I mean, eh?   I live in a border city so even our accent here is not as pronounced as in other parts of Ontario.  Here, the accent to use to get the odd look would probably be a Newfoundland accent - which I love, and they have some funny sayings there too.

Reply 31#31 sanggye's post

Amen to that!  I research all the extra stuff that I don't remember. lol  I have a brain for mindless trivia though, so some things I actually remember.  My friends call me the queen of useless crap.

Reply 33#33 sanggye's post

Names are often lost on me too - especially if I've only heard them once or twice, or the character isn't very memorable.

Reply 38#38 bala's post

Was it the cube of human flesh that grossed you out?

Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

I KNOW!  That was some of the most illogical logic I've heard in a long time.

Reply 53#53 bala's post

I was surprised by it, and by his initial reaction of being so positive about it.  Twenty-four years is a long time.  While I'd be happy, I'd probably react more like he did later in the episode.  I liked how Brennan was able to reason with him using her own experience and how Booth helped her through it.  Seeing his old toy being played with by his daughter was a nice touch to let him know that his mother hadn't forgotten or given up on him.  I was surprised she didn't ask about Booth's brother, or mention him at all.  It's just sad she waited so long, but nice that she's back.  I imagine we'll see or hear more about her in future episodes.

Reply 59#59 arksongbird80's post

I wanted Pelant gone too.  I don't like him, I don't even love to hate him.  He's just a creepy guy ruining people's lives, along with arranging for someone to do the dirty work of killing for him.  I get that he's pretty much a genius, so would not be easy to catch, but his story is now going into it's 3rd season, and this is the 2nd year in a row that ends with him causing a separation between Bones & Booth, albeit this time it's more of an emotional one than physical.  I'm just glad they didn't kill any of our main characters.  I don't mind if the season doesn't end on a positive note IF the story they are telling is compelling.  Having a villain like him isn't compelling, it's annoying and frustrating.  I'd even prefer a cliffhanger.

Reply 61#61 arksongbird80's post

It's coming back next year with a full season.  Hopefully they will start off next season with catching Pelant, or with his death.  He needs to be gone.

I disagree with Bala that they should have ended it.  I still really love the characters and the stories they tell.  I just don't care for this particular storyline, or more precisely, I don't like that it's gone on so long.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I'm hoping that Pellant is gotten rid of soon, maybe by Booth using the CIA's now owing him a favour.  I have a feeling someone's going to be dead next week, since the clock changed to different numbers in their kitchen after Bones told Booth she had faith in him.  I'm tired of that story line, and really hate Pellant.  He needs to be gone.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I know they need a baddie, but I'm ready for a new one.  His story seems to be dragging on and on, and it isn't getting more interesting.  If it were, I probably wouldn't mind.

BTW, I finally watched The Mentalist, and really like it.  I'm looking forward to the new season, especially from seeing the promos for it.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

That would be horrible!  We do know he can get into places without being caught (ie: Hodgins & Angela's house), but I don't think he would kidnap her unless he had someone lined up to hide her and take care of her, since I can't imagine he would want to look after a baby.  I don't think he's kill a baby either (which is another horrible option).

Reply 8#8 kellemanske's post

I agree.  

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I thought the same thing Jim!  I kept waiting for something else to go wrong, like an explosion.  I'm sure Booth or Bones must have double checked to make sure he was dead, but they didn't show them doing that, so I'm not 100% convinced yet either.  I hope he is dead because, like arksongbird, I'm ready to move on to new storylines.

Reply 23#23 kellemanske's post

LOL!  I didn't know he was her hubby either.  I avoided any promos for this episode because I didn't want any spoilers to ruin it for me, so didn't read any little tidbits that would have told me it was her husband.  The wedding was lovely, and I'm so glad it turned out the way it did. LOVED that Cyndi Lauper was back and sang for them, and also got a laugh out of the reason Bones initially didn't invite any of the "squints".

39 12
Thread