Thread
Printable Version

Bones Season 1-10 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

It was a great show- I laughed so much and it was just great. I hope the Science Dude returns a few times- it was awesome!!!!!!!!

Reply 34#34 Teachergirl's post

I don't think he will return. Plus, it will get boring quickly I think

Reply 35#35 kellemanske's post

i think you mean annoying

yes, that too, but the jokes were great, for once, but then it gets old really quickly

Reply 37#37 kellemanske's post

I agree, once was somewhat funny, twice would be overkill.  I am also getting tired of the revolving interns (just hire someone), I miss Zach

Reply 38#38 sanggye's post

I kind of like the revolving interns, though it seems the depressed/depressing one (Colin) may remove himself.  Mr. Nigel-Murray is already gone (isn't he?), and too much of Daisy would drive me crazy - rhyme unintended.  That only leaves Wendell, Clark and Arastoo (though I don't remember seeing him this season)...not to mention Daisy, and I like them all, in smaller doses.  I DID really like Zack though.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

The Bones that Weren't

Hannah needs to go.

Hannah and Bones do NOT need to be BFF's.

Loved how they made the bones disappear.  Very creative.

Did anyone else notice that Hogens and Angela were a bit "off" on this episode....hmmm

I wonder if in the persuit of the Cop Story, Hannah will Die.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 40#40 arksongbird80's post

I like Hannah, it's nice Bones being nice he deserves some happiness. i agree plastic moulding for the bones were great.

Reply 41#41 bala's post

I also kinda liked how Hannah and Bones are building a connection and somewhat of a friendship.  Though, I kinda agree that the cop story is going to be trouble, but I still think it won't be death, don't think setting Booth up with a close death would be good for the show.

Didn't notice anything between hodgins and angela, I think their interactions with everyone else was normal, and except for the scene with Hodgins on the plastic, they weren't shown together.  I just think the writer for this episode just didn't focus on any other relationships other than Hannah and Booth and Hannah and Bones.  Most of it the episode was done outside the lab.

Reply 42#42 sanggye's post

I tend to agree with you re: the Hannah/Booth relationship - I can't see them killing her, as it wouldn't serve the show.  I like how it's going now.  I have a feeling that if the show is ever going to try a Booth/Bones romantic relationship it will have something to do with Booth's Grandpa's death & what he told Bones to tell Seeley.  There's a level of intimacy in that, and though Bones is a self-sufficiant woman, she doesn't seem to be intentionally putting herself in harm's way for the sake of her work - which Hannah is doing, and which, in the end, might be too much for Booth to take, since he is innately a protector.

I didn't notice anything off between Angela & Hodgins either.  I just don't think they were really featured in this epi as there was a lot of other things going on - including the return of Aristoo.

Angela's idea of how to make the skeleton was very cool!  

Reply 43#43 waterlilybarb's post

Okay well Ya'll are probably right about hodgens and angela.  i must have seen something not actually there.  

Hannah is fine I guess.  It's good that Booth has found that filler person but I really believe it's just that, A filler.  It's about Bones.  She gives him looks and I *Really* hope he notices.  Maybe they will finally reach each other.

Bones and "the booth character" are together in the books.....I'm just sayin'.

Reply 44#44 arksongbird80's post

It's not that they are not attracted to each other, that came out for sure in the last season.  They are heavily into each other, most of last season was Booth realizing that he was in love with Bones, and Bones even said she felt for him, but she is not a gambler like he is and needed a sure thing (I think she knows a casual relationship would be out of the picture with Booth).  You have to remember that Bones looks at sex and relationships much differently, very logically  And they did get together once (pre-show, in a flashback) which is why the book that Sweets wrote ended up just being trashed

[ Last edited by sanggye at 11-7-2010 20:13 ]

Reply 43#43 waterlilybarb's post

Yea the skeleton thing was cool, but what ever happened to the Angelator from the first couple seasons (the holographic thingie, ) I miss that

Reply 44#44 arksongbird80's post

I think the issue is more that TV writers know that once they put a couple together that have had good chemistry it's often the death-knell of the show.  The sexual tension is gone, and for some reason, people don't stick around for a relationship like they do for the "will they get together?" phase.  That's why I think they won't be a couple until the show is definitely in it's last season.  It's unfortunate, because, if well-written & acted, a relationship can be just as interesting (if not more) to explore and watch, as an audience.

@ sanggye:
Have we not seen the Angelator? I watch repeats regularly, as they air on a local channel, so I can't remember when we last saw it on the show.

Reply 47#47 waterlilybarb's post

That was really precise about the death-knell aspect of romance of two main characters, thanks Barb.

I am pretty sure for the last couple seasons, all the simulations have all been on monitors, one episode Hodgkins did a big wooo, look at the size of that screen, thing.

6x05 The Bones That Weren\'t

Its nice to see Hannah and Temperance getting on and I\'m glad she took her advice about the gun shot wound and i would like the see them all work together to find the shooter

Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

I like that they seem to be becoming friends too.  I hate it when they make women catty because of a man.  That just wouldn't fit, especially with a character like Bones, who is SO pragmatic.  

The Shallow in the Deep

This episode had a lot of heart, much more than the last couple and seem to touch on all the cast, Daisy & Sweets, Angela & Hodgins, Booth with getting old, Bones just being logical & hot, Camille with her ancestors.  Well Written

Bones getting hit on as a cougar and Sweets getting hit on by the cougars was hilarious, and seeing Booth getting jealous of it, because he was too "old", then he brandished the napkin which was never mentioned but most likely had the one woman's number.    Also liked seeing Angela get into the zone with resurrecting the slaves images.

Reply 51#51 sanggye's post

I agree. I really enjoyed the characters development.  Hodgins need to get the pink gooey stuff off the bone was awesome!!!  hehehe

Very well written,...

Reply 51#51 sanggye's post

I agree - it had a good mix of drama, comic relief & real heartfelt emotion.  I enjoyed it...too tired to really say more.

Thread