Thread
Printable Version

Bones Season 1-10 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 24: The Beaver In The Otter

This was a pretty good episode, I loved all the scenes that took place at the BDZ college frat house, I like the fact we learnt some things about Booth's College days, the funniest part of this episode was when Bones collected the bed sheets from the BDZ frat guys, I was really looking forward to seeing Hodgins do an experiment but Cam stopped him, It was good to see Jared again who has since been dishonorably discharged from the Navy, I thought it would have been a good idea for Booth to go with Jared to India but I understand why Booth decided to let Jared go by himself.

Episode 25: The Critic in the Cabernet

I am going to say this was a great episode, Booth having hallucinations is hilarious to watch, I am not a big Family Guy Fan but I loved seeing Stu in this episode, I was not sure what to think of the Bones storyline about her wanting a baby with Booth because it came out of nowhere, I was happy to see Hodgins doing an experiment but I was laughing so hard when Cam got covered in Melon because the experiment went wrong, I am always happy to see the smart but depressing Colin Fisher, my favourite parts of this episode all happened at the hospital at the end of this episode.

Episode 26: The End in the Beginning

This was the strangest episode of Bones I have ever seen but I still liked it because it was different from all the other episodes, I loved how every team member was given a part to act out in a story, I found that Clark being a rapper, Vincent being the DJ and Wendell being a doorman/bodyguard very funny, I was happy to see Booth and Bones married even if it was a dream, It was also good to see Max, Jared and Zack make another appearance, I like how this episode was ended with Booth having amnesia.

I have just finished watching this season and I thought it was a pretty good one. Very interesting ending and I'm looking forward to watching the next episode. I hope everything doesn't go completely back to normal!

I wonder what will happen to the show. Fast forwarding a year or so might offer new developments they do not have to explain for too long but really, I am not that sure. It was such a final episode. Nice but also quite sad, somehow it felt like a goodbye to the characters and also to the hope of Booth and Brennan ever being a couple.

Harbingers in the fountain

Ok really late here, but I am just catching up on a lot of last seasons shows.   Upto season 5 of Bones, and maybe it's because of having watched the last 4 season in about 2months instead of 5 years, but I found something that I find really weird.  In the first couple of seasons (especially the first) it was shown and talked about, especially by Brennan, how she was was very proficient in martial arts, being trained in 3 different styles, has worked in many 3 world countries, been to Iraq and other "hot spots" in the middle east, and has stood up to many violent, aggressive people in the show's run  In this episode she is attacked by a chubby doctor with a scalpel .  She should have kicked his butt, but instead she cowers and runs and gets stabbed.

I don't like this, I enjoyed her being tough.

Reply 80#80 sanggye's post

Like you, I've recently watched the entire series (up to now).  That's a good point.  I didn't notice, but you're right.  I prefer her being tough too.  It suits her character better.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Bones Season 6 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 6 Premiered September 23, 2010

Discuss Anything About Season 6 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 10-24-2010 09:19 ]

6 x 01 Mastodon in the Room

It was a good return, granted I had only to wait for less than a week since I finished the last season.  Well unlike the beginning of 5, Bones was tough again, loved watching her kick not only 1 person's butt, but kicking 3 of em.  Alot in the episode, and I felt they brought it in very good.

Reply 2#2 sanggye's post

I agree - it was nice to see brennan more like her old self.  I enjoyed the epi & look forward to see how the season progresses.

The Mastodon in the Room

Well what a way to bring them back but i love how Booth figured out about missing kid that was added bonus and i hope we will see Booth reporter in this season. It was sad about child who choked on a wooden nail .

Well nice exhibit at jeffersoim -That makes for a interesting centre piece don't you think?

[ Last edited by bala at 9-24-2010 18:35 ]

Reply 4#4 bala's post

"Holy Mastedon batman, there's a Giant fury creature in the room!"  HAHAHA

I thought this was the best season opening to date.  I really enjoyed it.  They way the characters were brought back.  Their personalities were all highlighted in one way or another and a "little person" on the way is an added bonus.  I wonder if she's preggers in real life?  They tried this pregnant thing last season and it was a fluke.  Just curious.

Added bonus finding the kid. Maybe they will use Brennon's Anthropology as a tool for find missing kids on the side.  That would be great.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 5#5 arksongbird80's post

While I watched the show last night, I had missed the first 5 minutes, which I just watched.

We are now 7 months after they left.  I'm curious if on the 1 year anniversary of their leaving if Brennan & Booth will meet for coffee as they originally planned.  It would allow time for this season to develop (along with Booth's relationship with his new lady love), and also allow for situations to change & evolve.  In 5 months time, Angela will be much nearer to having her baby, which may cause Brennan to revisit that idea for herself again.  I think a lot will depend on how the season goes and if this will be the final season or not.  If not, I doubt they will involve Brennan & Booth romantically, as that often kills a show, since the tension is gone.

On another note - Daisy & Lance made me laugh.  I was with him, and thought they were no longer engaged.  he looks awfully cute this season with his new look.  Much less like the kid he looked like before.  I had to laugh out loud  - 1st, when Daisy stripped to her undies to show she was a woman, and 2nd when she & Lance starting making out in front of the elevator.  Too funny.    I'm also glad Wendell is back, as the show needs a "normal" cool guy - Angela being the "normal" cool girl.

As for the pregnancy, I think last season it was a way to let Angela see that Hodges was really the man for her.  I don't know if she's really preggers, but I LOVED his reaction.  

SUPER season opener.  Can't wait to see more.

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

Regarding Lance's new look, from the previews of next week's show he looks clean shaven, what a shame, I kinda liked the 'Piano Player" look.  Speaking of looks, I don't know if it is the straighter hair or what, but something about Brennan's look feels off to me

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Nice returning episode with the team back together and solving two cases of missing children, it's tragic that the accidental death family covered it up but nice that the child they were looking for was alive

Good opening- I was a bit worried about how it would all continue with the time shift and all but it was really great. About 5 minutes before the show ended I was suddenly thinking "Wait! Where's the Mastodon? What about the title of the episode?" And then there it was. I hope it is going to stay!!!! LOL

The Couple in the Cave

Well Booth girlfriend came to Washington but bones did handle it well.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I don't know if Bones handled it well, she has a hard time with expressing her feelings, especially to herself.  You can see some of the sadness and jealousy she has (good acting there)  Hannah at least admits she has some jealousy and is trying to work it though by admitting it.

Relating to the murder, it was too simple, I saw it right away, not the reason, but who done it.

[ Last edited by sanggye at 10-1-2010 10:56 ]

Reply 11#11 sanggye's post

Bones is bones i expected her react way she did but it will be interesting to see how it all develops

Reply 7#7 sanggye's post

I preferred the "piano player look" too, but I don't suppose it meets FBI dress code criteria.  

It will be interesting to see how Bones comes to terms with how she's feeling.  I felt a little sorry for her when she told Angela that she's the only one living the life she expected - meaning alone.  I quite liked Hannah, which surprised me a little.  I think her issue will be more the boredom of life in Washington, since she's been a war reporter, and that may be the thing that causes her & Booth to break up, since he is going to stay where his son is.

I figured out the murderer quite quickly, but the back-story for the couple was interesting & not one I foresaw.

Thread