Thread
Printable Version

Bones Season 1-10 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 57#57 codebreaker's post

This was the first episode in the season I genuinely liked. I loved it. Lots of twists and great story.

The secret in the Siege

I really didn't enjoy this episode.  Palont was gone for almost half of this season and suddenly he's back and he causes them to fracture.  They scrambled the whole episode between catching a killer and them marrying.  He should have died in the finale and they could have a new villian.  I don't like ending the season on such a negative note.  I would have prefered that Hodgens got his money back or something positive.  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 59#59 arksongbird80's post

I wanted Pelant gone too.  I don't like him, I don't even love to hate him.  He's just a creepy guy ruining people's lives, along with arranging for someone to do the dirty work of killing for him.  I get that he's pretty much a genius, so would not be easy to catch, but his story is now going into it's 3rd season, and this is the 2nd year in a row that ends with him causing a separation between Bones & Booth, albeit this time it's more of an emotional one than physical.  I'm just glad they didn't kill any of our main characters.  I don't mind if the season doesn't end on a positive note IF the story they are telling is compelling.  Having a villain like him isn't compelling, it's annoying and frustrating.  I'd even prefer a cliffhanger.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 60#60 waterlilybarb's post

i agree.  They left you feeling annoyed and angry.  Not anxious for next season.  That's not smart of their part.  It's a good way to lose viewers.   Bones was renewed though?  We aren't ending with this emotional casam right?>?

Reply 61#61 arksongbird80's post

I can't decided how i feel about this episode because after all they have been through this is just too cruel but where else could they go 8 years and you can clearly see they should ended the series with the wedding but now they drag it on to see if they can get more viewers don't they realise most of us who have watched this series are 8 years older and have lives.

Reply 61#61 arksongbird80's post

It's coming back next year with a full season.  Hopefully they will start off next season with catching Pelant, or with his death.  He needs to be gone.

I disagree with Bala that they should have ended it.  I still really love the characters and the stories they tell.  I just don't care for this particular storyline, or more precisely, I don't like that it's gone on so long.

Reply 63#63 waterlilybarb's post

I like characters as well but come on you know this will eventually end i rather the series goes out on high note than drag this show down .

8x24 The Secret in the Siege

Christopher Pelant returning for the season final was a surprise as it's been a while since he was last on screen and I thought the propose was out of place and bad timing

Bones Season 9 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 9 Premieres September 16, 2013

Discuss Anything About Season 9 Here

The Secrets in the Proposal

Well Booth having a tough time after refuse her proposal but Brennan having faith should be interesting.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I'm hoping that Pellant is gotten rid of soon, maybe by Booth using the CIA's now owing him a favour.  I have a feeling someone's going to be dead next week, since the clock changed to different numbers in their kitchen after Bones told Booth she had faith in him.  I'm tired of that story line, and really hate Pellant.  He needs to be gone.

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

They need a evil guy if they get rid of Pellant no big bad guy for the show

Reply 4#4 bala's post

I know they need a baddie, but I'm ready for a new one.  His story seems to be dragging on and on, and it isn't getting more interesting.  If it were, I probably wouldn't mind.

BTW, I finally watched The Mentalist, and really like it.  I'm looking forward to the new season, especially from seeing the promos for it.

Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

The writer are using him to create problems for Bones relationship but if he really wanted to hurt them why doesn't he kidnap Christina ?.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

That would be horrible!  We do know he can get into places without being caught (ie: Hodgins & Angela's house), but I don't think he would kidnap her unless he had someone lined up to hide her and take care of her, since I can't imagine he would want to look after a baby.  I don't think he's kill a baby either (which is another horrible option).

I think this was interesting with Bones talking to the priest/barman, but I'm through with Polant cause he's just too conveniently covered always. I think he was interesting in the beginning cause he wasn't a ordinary criminal but a modern computer criminal, but now they are reaally dragging it on and it isn't interesting anymore.

Reply 8#8 kellemanske's post

I agree.  

9x01 The Secrets in the Proposal

There crime scenes being the worst of the worst is great and I hope Pelant putting a wedge between them doesn't go on for to long

The Cheat in the Retreat

Going under cover was really funny.  I always enjoy it when they are "acting" in front of people.  It's funny.    Finding out the dead guy took his mistress to a couples retreat is something else.  And who killed him!  They didn't seem the least worried about going to jail or anything!  

Why is sweets being all, weird.  

Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

His confidence is knocked he feel like he's not doing anything productive in his life

Thread