Thread
Printable Version

Free Show available to visitors NOW(Updated)!

Free Show available to visitors NOW(Updated)!

Hello, As you know, now VIPTV is only available for VIP members. After two weeks running, complaints about worsening connection condition take a nosedive, but visitors, normal members and so many friends can not have funs here, which is against our fundamental of FriendVista. Therefore, we will re-open free shows for visitors again after debugging the server. If debugging didn't work well, we will add the third VIP server to accommodate more members in peak time. If you have any good idea or suggestion, please share it here. We admin appreciate you and will adopt your idea if that's possible to be done for boosting viewing experience. Thank you! Updated on 25 Nov. New shows added and free shows are available for all visitors now. Enjoy!
We keep improving services for you.

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

First of all this is good news as to suggestion i have few ideas but i'm not sure if there are going to be popular
  • Remove shows that have ended not show with lots season just one that have only season like 3lbs, drive,Invasion.
  • Alternatively create another site for all the show that ended move them there and leave the vip site for all current shows that should reduce demand of vip server
  • Get rid tv-video site and use that server help vip server

i agree with the 3rd one you said why do we have 2 of the same, well almost the same

I just want the problem to be made clear is it the amount of episodes hosted that needs to change or is it the bandwidth that is the main issue... cause cutting old shows that no one watches will not reduce bandwith issues. So you can look into other formats to host the video with that may reduce bandwith. For the free site you could implement a bandwith restriction so users on tv-video.net would have to wait like 30 seconds to a minute while the video loads. but this would have to be tested extensively before coming permant as if errors are present and a video fails to load and someone has to wait 30 second for a successful load over and over it wont work.

Personally, I think losing the old shows is one of the worst things that they could do. The beauty of the site is that you can see a back catalogue, so if you only realise of the existence of a show that you love half way through the 4th season, you can go back and enjoy it from the beginning. Current shows can be seen on the tv, the back catalogue is one of vip.tv-video's biggest assetts, and should be accessible.

Reply 5#5 moose250's post

what about show that only have 1 season?

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Keep them, I do not believe space is what is causing the issues here.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

How about having the 3rd server, maybe the slower of the 3 purley for none VIP members to view free shows and keep the other 2 as is now for VIP members to watch?

Reply 8#8 casper27's post

Yeh, I think that's a good idea. Priority should be given to the VIP site. Sort of picking up on what Bala has said and a bit of what Craig has said; How about moving older seasons to a 3rd server? So the main servers will have, say, the current season and perhaps the one before. You can design the front end so people don't necessarily know which server they are accessing all of that will go on behind the scenes.

Free Shows Now Free To Everybody

I just noticed, but it looks like the admins have finished debugging the site as the free shows are now available again to normal members.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Ally McBeal

I am trying to watch a "free show" that you need to be a VIP member - ally mcbeal - but it says that I can't because of insufficent points? what is going on here? It is listed as a free show

Reply 11#11 xfg85's post

Ally mcbeal has moved to vip show-it's not a free show anymore

TV

This is the only Tv I get to see as Iive on a boat so I actually like watching the old shows they are new to me. Agree to setting more space aside for VIP and encourage others to be VIP.

Im a little disappointed by this in some ways, sure the visitors are happy but what about people who pay money to watch these shows? Normally I have nothing bad to say because I had no problems earlier this year, for 3 days now not once have I been able to stream a TV show without stopping every 2-3 mins to communicate. Normally when me and my girlfriend would eat a meal we would load a tv show on the site and watch it. Now i spend 20-30 minutes trying to load and reload the video, switching servers opening in real player, rebooting my computer and dsl modem, by the time im done I end up eating alone. Last night I tried to load a "24" tv show and wait for it to download, after 2 hours i checked it and was only 1/2 loaded. Ive already checked my firewall and port fowarding settings, ive uninstalled real player and reinstalled it, I changed my speed settings there also. I run daily scans with AVG to check for viruses and spyware. So im pretty much out of luck to be able to watch TV shows on this site. Ive used free known and popular sites to watch some TV shows and it doesnt stop once when its playing, so im amazed how a site that I pay to watch the tv shows are slower then free ones. My connection is 2MBps download and i even pay more money not to share with users in my area. Right now its 1am or so in America after Thanksgiving so I dont see that there could be a huge amount of users now. Also those who watch for free.. whats the big deal its only $10? You can go out to eat once and pay that much. [ Last edited by daones at 11-28-2008 06:27 ] [ Last edited by daones at 11-28-2008 06:57 ]

Thread