Thread
Printable Version

----.com, etc.

----.com, etc.

don't forget that there are many sites with much better players that are absolutely free, not to mention the major network sites allow you to view full episodes....i get so aggravated with this site and the stream quality...i know it is a viptv issue because i don't have problems anywhere else; unfortunately i still have many points left here so must stick it out; i am not one to complain, but EVERYTIME i try to watch something here, inevitably there is a problem...very frustrating...good lord i don't even know how to post this thing..there is a check length, preview post and reset post...what about plain ol' POST?? [ Last edited by dognxtdoor at 11-14-2008 06:54 ]

VIPTV has a quality that other sites don't have such as reliable episode sources for every single episode and an archive of episodes, which you cannot find on Hulu or any of the networks' sites. Would you be able to tell me your problem? There's a good chance I know the solution to the problem...if I don't, there are many other mods that could help the situation along. If it's a connection problem, are you opening the window that first pops up when you open an episode into RealPlayer? If not, that could be the main source of the problem. I hope we can help you ...

Hey, Seriously!.....

If you are not satisfied with this site you have every right to stop using it-or even to offer suggestions to make it better. But I really don`t appreciate you advertising for other sites on this forum. Have some respect. You have a lot of people here who work very hard to provide a great service to all. I, for one, use this site EVERYDAY and I have absolutely NO problems at all. Honestly. You should make sure that it is not on your end before you talk negative about the site. Plus, This site is waaaay better than ANY other site offering tv programs. There is NO other site that offers EVERY episode of EVERY season for each show offered. Save your SPAM-NO ONE hear is interested! [ Last edited by LaveticusPrime at 11-14-2008 06:09 ]
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +2 Thanks for your support 11-14-2008 06:48

not spam leviticus. i would go elsewhere (and i do quite often) except i have points here that i hate to waste, if you want to refund me my money, that would be great. and it is not on my end. no, i don't use the first window, i select real player theater mode...(although quite honestly i have begin to experiment with using the first window that pops up because it seems to work better); like i said in my original post, i watch episodes on------.com,----.com, etc. with No Problems Ever; i just tried to watch criminal minds season 3 episode 1 and right away there was a problem (imagine that)...it would just fast forward through 10 seconds, then play normally, then skip 10 seconds. i have been watching true blood and, without fail, it freezes and then takes forever to load...i try both the us and the eu server..(read: i do everything i am supposed to do) like i said, i am not one to complain, i have been here since 2007 and i keep telling myself i have go to say something and so finally i did...take a look at the list of topics on this board, i am obviously not the only one with problems and i know there are more people than not who don't take the time to write in...so...you draw the conclusion... and on another note, since you got me started, dexter froze the other day, i wrote into customer service and they told me i had to go through paypal to get my points back? wtf? i'm seriously beginning to wonder if this site would even hold up legally/is legit

Reply 2#2 redsoxpatriot30's post

hello redsox...like i mentioned in my response to l.p., there are many problems, and you could humor me and try to solve them, but i know there is nothing to be done. the freezing, the stalling, the jumping ahead in the program, playing normally, then jumping again....also, like i said, from the first window that pops up, i choose realplayer theater mode and i sometimes even stay with the original window...if either of those is wrong, let me know...

Reply 4#4 hjfrey's post

So. I guess the fact that I am using the VIP site EVERY DAY....with no problems whatsoever means that I have a magical computer or something. Does it mean NOTHING to you that another member just told you that they are using the site with no problems?(BTW....in case you even imagine that I am just saying this, I do in fact have proof on my viewing history) If I were having the same problems as you, maybe we both could say that its just a problem with the site. However, if another member has no problems, then I would have to assume that it is possibly something on my end. There may be many members here that may have some problems as you stated before, but there are also many people in this world that have computers and don`t fully understand them. I am no computer whiz by any means trust me, so I am not trying to talk down to anyone-but I can only tell you again in hopes that it will sink in........I am using the site every single day and am having no problems(except for an occasional and rare timeout-and even then I just try again and usually it loads fine but never more than 2 or 3 times and like I said that is very rare). My computer is a Dell from 2001 with limited ram compared to what is available today so if my old clunker can handle the site, I cant imagine too many people having problems running it. [ Last edited by LaveticusPrime at 11-14-2008 17:26 ]
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +2 Thanks you for positive comments :) 11-14-2008 06:49

Reply 1#1 hjfrey

Is it just me or does anyone else suspect that hjfrey is a 'professional' (and i use that term broadly) blogger. I once worked for a company whos rival launched a campaign amongst relevant forums to discredit us.......our company decided to fight fire with fire and hired / launched a team within the ranks that did the same..........your pattern of complaint echoes the style of posting which they adopted. Again, your spamming is getting rather tedious, especially as its becoming more and more transparent..... Should your complaint be genuine, then accept my apology, just take heed of what is being said. Laveticus prime couldnt have been any more fair or eloquent.
.......On the inter-net ,  nobody knows your a dog.......

Reply 7#7 iklemiracle's post

7742632 Grey´s Anatomy Season 5 8 2008-11-14 21:32:44 7742486 Grey´s Anatomy Season 5 7 2008-11-14 21:06:40 7742150 Grey´s Anatomy Season 5 6 2008-11-14 20:11:32 7742147 Grey´s Anatomy Season 5 7 2008-11-14 20:11:01 7742076 Grey´s Anatomy Season 5 8 2008-11-14 19:56:40 7741552 CSI Season 9 6 2008-11-14 18:01:05 7738489 Dirty Jobs Season 4 18 2008-11-14 08:16:39 7738149 Dirty Jobs Season 4 17 2008-11-14 07:32:37 7738144 Dirty Jobs Season 4 15 2008-11-14 07:32:09 7737726 Dirty Jobs Season 4 16 2008-11-14 06:48:46 as you can see from my viewing hstory i watch show after show without any problems all i do is open the link and then click expand i dont even use the thearter mode .
The Mod Police Are Watching You

I am surprised you would have any problems other than the occasional time out in theater mode. Sounds as if you need to reset your realplayer speed. The jumping ahead is a new one. I know I have experienced this and freezing on the sites you mentioned earlier. Usually after the numerous 30 sec commercials. Something you should know is this sites members mostly live overseas where network and the other one are not available. As far as the legality we have answered this question over and over in the last 1 1/2 years and see no need to post it yet again here. just read one of 100 posts on the subject. If you go through the help guides and still are having problems then I suggest you reinstall realplayer and reset your router box.

Quote:
Originally posted by hjfrey at 11-14-2008 04:36 don't forget that there are many sites with much better players that are absolutely free, not to mention the major network sites allow you to view full episodes....i get so aggravated with this site a ...
I have used many many sites int he past and for some shows I still do. However, whenever i have a choice between a different site and VIP- I go with VIP everytime. The setup of the seasons and episodes ensure that I won't miss an episode. The viewing history allows me to see what I have already watched. I rarely ever have problems with slow streaming like other sites. The video quality is also excellent, particularly compared to other sites that use video sharing sites to store the shows. There are many reasons to like this site and if I didn't believe it was a good reliable service, I never would have become associated with it through being a moderator. I absolutely understand that not everyone has had a great experience. You mention complaints on the forum- keep in mind that we have hundreds of thousands of viewers and very few complaints. Even if we had 1000 complaints a month (and our complaint volume is actually a tiny fraction of that)- that would still leave around 199,000 happy viewers. It is my thought that there are some people, for whatever reason, that simply are unable to enjoy VIP as it should be. This could be a variety of factors, from internet providers, computers, to server load. I am inclined to think, however, that with the volume of happy viewers we get to the volume of unhappy viewers we get, that a majority of problems are ont he viewer side. In fact, if you read the threads complaining on this forum, you will find that the majority have been resolved.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 10#10 silver1978's post

Shannon you made some excellent points here.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

-yes, lp you must have a magic computer. (seriously) -no, i.m. i am not a professional blogger (but i got a good chuckle out of that)..i use my real name as opposed to most people on here, hjfrey...heather jo frey...you can google me..i own a small used bookstore in california...i have been with viptv for over a year and have NEVER complained until now, i've just put up with it, sometimes it works ok (never great), other times it doesn't, i would just track the discussion and know that i wasn't alone, followed all the rules (right click on real player icon, open in theater mode, etc.)...but the other day, after over a year, i decided to complain (shame on me) -thank you magic4u for your viewing history...mine looks much different, and i hope since viptv reserves the write to edit these posts, they also have the ability to view our viewing history so they can see i am not some 'professional blogger' who has nothing better to do... -thank you gabismom..maybe i just needed a 'super moderator' to respond...finally a real solution...resetting my real player speed...i will give that a shot -and thank you shannon, a very well written response sans ego....i don't completely agree...i think more than not people have little problems, but they just deal with it (as i have) and don't bother to register for a fv account, login, post something and risk attack.. -and dog, i owe you an apology, you are right, this is a donation only site, i had forgotten that in my frustration like i've said many times, i've been here for over a year and have always had some type of problem, i've also recommended this site to many friends and i know they have the same types of problems, but they are tiny and we deal with them, we wait, we come back later, sure we may utter a few epithets, but such is life...i just reached a breaking point the other night...maybe someone close to me died and i just wanted to zone out by watching a little dexter? and fyi, i have a 2 year old sony vaio for those of you on that track.

Reply 12#12 hjfrey's post

well...seriously..I don`t have a magic computer. By the way, how`s the weather over there in Denial? lol jk Anyway, since you refuse to believe that it could be your computer and/or settings even to the point of thinking mine is magical because the site actually runs correctly and smoothly on my computer, I will just assume that you have made up your mind that it in no way could be on your end. I guess in your case "Assistance is Futile" Not laughing at you, just my little pun. Anyway, it sounds like you are not taking it seriously enough or its not that important to you as far as fixing your connection with the site goes and have just opted to blame the site. Either way, I must say again....sorry but you`re wrong. The site runs great. Unfortunately, as much help as this site offers for troubleshooting, they don`t make house calls so I wish you all the luck and hope somehow your problems are solved soon. [ Last edited by LaveticusPrime at 11-15-2008 02:33 ]

Reply 12#12 hjfrey's post

I am sorry you feel beat up on for complaining. I know this site has hiccups as it grows. I have encountered problems. just know we will work with you to get it resolved. Usually but not always it is something on the users end. My Internet security was causing errors one time It drove me nuts. I only figured it out because I cut it off for some thing else and started watching a show with no problems and realized that was why. I hope you did not have a death if so my condolences. let me or another moderator know if we can be of further assistance. PS we do not have access to your personal viewing history.

Quote:
Originally posted by LaveticusPrime at 11-15-2008 02:28 well...seriously..I don`t have a magic computer. By the way, how`s the weather over there in Denial? lol jk Anyway, since you refuse to believe that it could be your computer and/or settings even to ...
Relax dude/dudette! Ppl can't even complain anymore on the site? Geez! Heather has her views and so do u

Reply 15#15 Milks26's post

I don`t feel that I need to relax at all. Because I am very relaxed. I never said anything against complaining, did I? Read my post thoroughly before you reply because what I posted said nothing against complaining. My issue with this post is that it was rude and quite disrespectful to promote another site and put down this site for more than one reason - First, this forum is for members and visitors who are interested in the Tv.video and VIP site. Therefore if someone has a problem, I dont feel it is in any way fair to promote other sites here for any reason. I wouldnt go put a bunch of Burger King flyers in McDonald`s because my big mac didnt have enough special sauce on it, right?(Sorry guys for the cheap comparison but hey....I LOVE BK and McD ) Anyway, what my post was saying was basically `Have respect, the problem could still be on your end, I am also using this site and it is working fine for me (which basically I thought or hoped that it would then be clear that if somene somewhere was not having any problems then they would think "hmmm...maybe it something that I am not catching here on my end.") and you really have no cause to try to turn people off from this site because of a problem that could really be your fault`. That is and was always my point and I`m sure if you read again, you will get it. [ Last edited by LaveticusPrime at 11-15-2008 05:56 ]

Thanks LP. I think this got a little heat as the OP posted links to a site outside of here while berating this site also. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and count to 10 Honestly, I can understand some of the frustration from the OP's point of view, but I really don't believe that the OP gave us a fair chance to help resolve the issues. Plus, posting links to another site on this one, is going to get people's backs up. Members and Mods alike. Anyway, hjfrey I would genuinely like to help you as would any of our mods here.

Thread