Thread
Printable Version

TV Show News & Ratings

HBO 2009/2010 PROMOS

Panettiere pilot moves forward at The CW

Hayden Panettiere's pilot HMS has received a presentation order from The CW.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the project has gathered interest at the network along with two others titled Hellcats and Betwixt.

HMS focuses on a group of sexy Harvard Medical School students and sees the Heroes actress serve as co-executive producer.

Hellcats, which centres on the world of cheerleading and is executive produced by Smallville's Tom Welling, also received a presentation order, while Betwixt, based on the novel of the same name, will film a full pilot.

Source

Graham: 'New role feels like a failure'

Lauren Graham has described her new character as "a failure".

The 42-year-old actress - famous for her role in Gilmore Girls - replaced Maura Tierney in the role of Sarah Braverman on NBC's Parenthood last year.

"What I've discovered and what I've really enjoyed about [Parenthood] is that I'm finding the many ways in which this character just continues to feel like a failure," she revealed during a conference call.

"Lorelai Gilmore had a very sunny outlook on things and it's been really interesting for me to play someone who is shouldering a lot of baggage in terms of being disappointed about where she is in life."

Parenthood begins Tuesday, March 2 at 10pm on NBC.

Source

Grace Park joins 'Hawaii Five-O' remake

Former Battlestar Galactica cast member Grace Park has reportedly joined the Hawaii Five-O remake.

The 34-year-old will play Kono Kalakaulau, niece to police squad member Chin Ho Helly (Daniel Dae Kim), says The Hollywood Reporter.

The pilot will find Kono, a surfing champ, about to graduate from the police academy. Steve McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin) recruits her to join an elite branch of the Hawaii State Police.

The CBS pilot is being penned and produced by Star Trek scribes Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman.

Source

No Ordinary Family

Comics veteran Mark Guggenheim is an executive producer for ABC’s new superhero-family series No Ordinary Family starring Michael Chiklis, and the L.A. Times today featured an interview with the writer-producer where he talked about the series (in addition to the Green Lantern movie!)

Here’s a brief excerpt:

“It’s basically your typical family drama with the one atypical addition that the people in the family have superpowers. Greg Berlanti and Jon Feldman created the show and they did a really amazing job with the characters and the script. They’re both very active in the production of the pilot, but they also have other things on their plate — for example, this is only one of two pilots that Jon is producing this year — so the studio asked me to come in and help out where I can. Because the concept is so strong and Greg and Jon are such great guys, it was a no-brainer for me. We’ve cast Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Romany Malco and a whole bunch of really talented actors. David Semel, who directed the pilot for “Heroes,” among many other things, is our director and he’s doing an incredible job.”

Source

Reply 414#414 spratt89's post

13 million for Lost Series finale is rather good

Reply 419#419 spratt89's post

what was the ratings for 100 questions ?

Reply 446#446 spratt89's post

0.6 million difference

The O.C.' creator to reunite with Bilson

Rachel Bilson will reportedly reunite with The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz for a new pilot which has been picked up by NBC.

Gossip Cop reports that the show is currently titled Ghost Angeles and will follow a young woman, played by Bilson, who communicates with dead people.

The two originally worked together when Bilson starred as Summer Roberts in Schwartz's teen drama The O.C., which ended in 2007 after four seasons.

Bilson later appeared in two episodes of the NBC comedy Chuck, which was also created by Schwartz.

The actress has since gone on to star in a number of films including The Last Kiss alongside Zach Braff, and Jumper with Hayden Christiansen.

Source

Doesn't this sound like a rip off Ghost Whisper or Medium ?

The CW develops supernatural pilots

The CW is reportedly developing two new supernatural shows.

According to New York Magazine, the network has ordered pilot scripts for the projects.

Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain, who have both previously worked on The Vampire Diaries, Dollhouse and Angel, are reportedly developing an adaptation of the Secret Circle book series.

The show focuses on a young girl who moves to Salem and discovers that she is a witch. The Secret Circle novels are written by L.J. Smith, who penned the original Vampire Diaries books.

Meanwhile, former Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel producer Marti Noxon is developing a show called Chloe with Prison Break alum Dawn Parouse. The series is said to follow a young female con artist who passes away but returns to earth as a Divine Covert Operator, or an angel.

Source

The CW developing 'Glee'-style series

The CW is developing a new musical comedy-drama with writer Todd Graff and producer Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas.

The pair previously worked together on 2009 film musical Bandslam, starring Vanessa Hudgens.

The new project, titled Acting Out, is described as "Glee meets Bad Santa" and will focus on the relationships between the staff of a summer camp and the institute's grumpy new owner.

Graff will executive produce the show alongside Goldsmith-Thomas and may also direct the pilot episode.

Acting Out is expected to premiere on the network in 2011

Source

The CW gives three shows full seasons

One Tree Hill, Nikita and Hellcats have all been handed full-season orders by The CW.

Teen drama One Tree Hill, now in its eighth season, was given a ninth run by the network.

The Maggie Q-starring Nikita, which is currently in its first season and has become the second most-watched show on The CW after The Vampire Diaries, will air more episodes.

Finally, freshman comedy-drama Hellcats, featuring Aly Michalka and Ashley Tisdale, was further granted a full-season order.

"This fall, The CW made several strategic scheduling moves, including adding two of the most buzzed-about new series, Hellcats and Nikita, to our lineup, and we're thrilled that they've paid off for us," said president of entertainment Dawn Ostroff.

"By giving our two freshman series and proven performer One Tree Hill full orders, we’ll be able to continue our success and momentum throughout the rest of the season."

Source

Reply 550#550 spratt89's post

Yes but Starz is American cable company and they want to be better than BBC

Reply 552#552 spratt89's post

It really will depend on American audience not british

Reply 594#594 spratt89's post

i am too keen on this

While it will work in movie format i am not sure if people will watch it as tv series

Next november is long way

Starz announces 'Camelot' preview

Starz has announced that it will preview new medieval drama Camelot two months before the show's official premiere.

Earlier this month, it was announced that the series, which stars Joseph Fiennes and Eva Green, will debut on April 1.

However, network sources have confirmed to The Futon Critic that the pilot episode will air on February 25, following the finale of mini-series Spartacus: Gods of the Arena.

The full 64-minute premiere will air, beginning at 11/10c. The series will then formally launch in April at 10/9c, as previously announced.

Camelot will air 10 episodes as part of its first series. Later in 2011, Channel 4 will broadcast the show in the UK.

Source

Reply 611#611 spratt89's post

I think this is good idea Wonder Woman Reboot Shelved

Reply 613#613 spratt89's post

Grey’s Anatomy - Well i happy about this
Private Practice - Yes i also glad about this
Castle - No
Modern Family - Yeah i am ok with it
The Middle - yeah it's ok
Cougar Town- Yeah

DH- it will get renewed
B & S- Well could go either way.