Thread
Printable Version

loading probs

loading probs

website shows keep freezing is there a prob many thanx

Reply 1#1 tug17uk's post

i don't think so i been watching all update this afternoon

have you checked your end? there might be a problem with your browser/internet connection? or your internet may not be quick enough? What i do when this happens to me is to go to the us server (i'm from Britain so i use the EU server most of the time), although it does usually mean spending another 2 points i think

Hi, I keep having the same problem as described here: after spending the whole afternoon (yesterday) watching csi episodes, today I have trouble getting the shows. The videos stops loading after 50% and I don't think it's my connection (adsl-wifi). Furthermore I can watch videos from other sites with no problem at all. I'm from Amsterdam so I normally use the Europe based server but I tried also loading from the US server and the same happened: it stops. Is there something else I can try? Thanks, Gisèle (The Netherlands)

Tug and Gisele, are you loading it in Realplayer or on the screen that opens first? If not on realplayer, then I suggest you try that. Right click on the R at the bottom right hand side of the screen, then clock on Play in Realplayer. Then let it load to the end and watch. Staircase, you will only be charged once if you switch from US to Europe server and vice versa. If you exceed 30 clicks or 24 hrs, then you will be charged extra. Let me know how you get on.

Hi Shinny, thanks for the tip, and for getting back so quickly! I tried it, and it went well...for 15 minutes and then it stopped again. So I think It's all due to a busy server, guess I'll wait a few hours and try later on (quite frustrating though 'cause I'm in bed with a cold and nothing to do ) ciao, Gisèle

Reply 6#6 Gisele's post

No problem. Just check your connection speed settings are right too. You do that by going into the following: Solution 3: Test your connection speed. 1. In RealPlayer, click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens. 2. In the Category pane, click Connection. 3. Click the Test Connection button, then the Perform Test button to determine your current connection speed. 4. Click the Update button to set your minimum bandwidth preference. 5. Click OK. 6. Try to play the clip again Also try this: Solution 4: Increase the time-out settings, and try playing the clip again. 1. In RealPlayer, click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens. 2. In the Category pane, click Connection. 3. Under Network Time-out, increase the time-out settings by 10 seconds. 4. Click OK. 5. Try to play the clip again. 6. If you still have problems, increase the time-out settings by another 10 seconds and try again. Keep trying until the clip plays or it becomes obvious that increasing the time-out settings will not resolve this problem. Increasing this time also increases the time you wait for a time-out message to appear.

Thanks again. My settings were ok already, I tried solution 4 and increased the time-out settings a few times: it still pauses after a a couple of minutes (it goes as far as 15 minutes of showing and that's it)

Reply 8#8 Gisele's post

Sorry I can't be of any more help. However, if you are watching it when it stalls try moving it only say 10 seconds. As in pull the bar up a little bit for 10+ seconds. Sometimes that kick starts the communication and will bring it back up to 100%.

Reply 9#9 shinny's post

I tried your last solution too and that did the trick. Have been watching the video's with no problem since. THNX

Reply 10#10 Gisele's post

That's great. Usually these things are just trial and error to see which one works !! This also happens to me, so that's what I do to get around it. Glad we could sort it !

Thread