Thread
Printable Version

Scrubs Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 10

Danni moves in with JD in this classic episode, JD being terrified but too late to stop the moving since Danni had the keys already. Dr Cox and Turk’s plot was very good and shows that Cox’s respect for Turk is heightened by the end of the episode but he still thinks Turk’s “a complete tool”. Todd’s “look at my giant balls” was hilarious especially Turk fighting the temptation to laugh at the stupid skit. Carla and Elliot being arrested for prostitution, Elliot being excited about it was great as was JD answering the phone to get out of confronting Danni by saying “I’d love to pick you up at jail!” (My Score 9/10)

Episode 11

In this episode JD and Danni finally finish their short relationship as JD is not yet over Elliot. He decides he will wait it out if his not over Elliot. Good episode, had lots of jokes that were as always hilarious. It also has some good flashbacks, one being JD talking to all his ex girlfriends and seeing some guy from his soccer team. Another good episode, not a lot happen in it but it was just really good to watch. One of the mid season episodes that really stood out. Worth a watch. (My Score 8/10)

Episode 12

This episode fires on all of the Scrubs cylinders. Showing Dr's for who they really are (human) while showing the impact they have on so many others. The writers did an impeccable job of integrating Dr Kasey into the storyline. Michael J. Fox was a natural at playing this part. He shows up and impacts all the staff with his talents, overall a great episode to watch and one that i could watch over and over again. i loved the scenes with Dr Kasey and JD. (My Score 8/10)

Episode 13

Dr. Casey and JD discover the Janitor's toilet on the roof-top (dubbed the Epiphany toilet),it warrants the name after many of the staff realise solutions to the problems they're having after using it. Dr. Kelso closes down an entire wing of the hospital to save money. Dr. Cox and Carla fight back by using his own office as a room. Turk asks J.D. to be his best man, but he realizes later he wasn't Turk's first choice. Elliot seeks help from Dr. Casey as she is becoming fearful to incubate patients after botching an intubation. (My Score 9/10)

Episode 14

This is one of my favourite episodes, it's very deep and it shows Dr Cox's soft side. I had to watch this episode twice before I understood the whole plot. What I don't like is that Ben dies 20 minutes after he came to the hospital, I mean, he went all over the world in two years, and then he died 20 minutes after his first visit on a hospital, what are the odds? Except of that the whole Ghost thing is clever and well written. The last scene is very emotional and sad, and the music is fits perfect. This is an almost perfect episode! (My Score 10/10)

Episode 15

In this episode, Dr. Cox is still getting over the death of his best friend and brother-in-law, Ben Sullivan. He is annoyed by the fact that Jordan's two best friends have not left after the funeral. Meanwhile, Carla is teaching a sexual harassment class in which The Todd, Dr. Kelso, and Dr. Cox are required to attend. This is another great episode of Scrubs. For the first time, we see Jordan vulnerable, when she admits that she is still trying to get over her brother's death. There are plenty of comedic moments to lighten the atmosphere, though: JD putting Cox's name in the sexual harassment box, Todd's infamous T-shirt, and Dr. Kelso's take on how gender relations have changed. (My Score 9/10)

Episode 16

I like the way the episode was split into the two different realities but i was confused about whether the second one was just another long crazy day dream by J.D, as that would be the only explanation for us seeing it. I like the theme explored in this episode and the way scrubs can always mix comedy, drama and sometimes mystery all in the one show. (My Score 8/10)

Episode 17

This instalment of Scrubs is quite funny, Carla’s plot of going out with her ex-crush and feeling nothing is very good as it shows that she is ready to be married, even if she was forced by JD not to tell Turk about her date. Elliot’s plot of the mystery of “Is he a drug addict?” is very funny, especially Cox’s rants towards the subject. Probably the most hilarious storyline is the Janitor and the first time he loses JD and Turk never believing he had a twin brother, a very farfetched idea by Janitor. (My Score 8/10)

Episode 18

One of my favourites from the third season, His Story II, told from Turk’s point of view, is outrageously funny with great scenes such as Carla reading Turk’s mind (“make it yourself”), Elliot wondering if all the time she spent at Clown Academy was a waste of time, and Janitor clown shoving JD clown. Overall a very good episode. (My Score 9/10)

Episode 19

This is one of my favourite episodes, especially the Janitor as a security guard and the new, Turk and Carla thinking they knew everything shaking their heads at everyone’s predicaments, whether it be Janitor’s lack of integrity, JD and Danni’s relationship or Cox’s crush on Turk’s boss, This episode, as the title suggests, shows JD doing something unselfish for once and lying to Sean about he and Elliot, The end of this episode was terrific, Jordan becoming a blonde, the Janitor tackling Kelso. (My Score 8/10)

Episode 20

JD wants what he can’t have in this great episode which explores the relationship between Elliot and JD and the wedding crises between Turk and Carla. There are terrific moments in this episode such as the comparison of JD wanting Turk’s cereal since it was the last of it and Turk not wanting white figures on his wedding cake along with memorable scenes like Dr Miller making Turk hold back fat flaps when she is uninvited by Carla to the wedding and of course the main moment where JD realises “Oh my god, you don’t want her!”. (My Score 9/10)

Episode 21

Another “break up” by JD and Elliot from there on again-off again relationship which follows on from the previous episode where JD realises he doesn’t love Elliot. All of the plots in this episode are hilarious, whether it be JD’s, guest starring the “soup nazi”, Turk’s with Carla’s brother giving him vow advice which just happens to be the speech from Harry met Sally, or Cox’s with Perry being upset that he and Jordan weren’t fighting anymore which also had the hilarious moment of Cox being stuffed in the morgue by the Janitor with his mouth being taped. (My Score 9/10)

Episode 22

Turk and Carla finally tie the knot in this season three finale which also involves JD trying to get Elliot to be his friend again and Cox and Jordan skipping the wedding ceremony in an attempt to nap more. This has very good scenes such as Kelso drunk and addressing Turk as Turkelton, Ted’s band being paid eight dollars for the wedding songs and Sean’s impressive four day beard growth. Turk and Carla being married by the patient that Turk was late to the wedding due to the complications. (My Score 9/10)

Episode 1

The first scene in this episode shows both how true Turk and JD and Turk's friendship is and also proves just how stupid they are which of course brings us the humour we all know and love. The fact that the lesson & sad music that plays is revealed to be in JD's head is a very funny moment in the series and Dr Cox also has his famous "things I don't care about speech" in the episode hich proves just how many memorable moments come from the season four premier. The plot is quite strong and the Janitor once again proves that JD never learns. (My Score 9/10)

Episode 2

JD and Elliot become chief residents in this terrific episode of Scrubs that is consistently funny throughout whether it's JD's hissy fit, Molly fixing the Todd or the Janitor's idea of getting the bulb out. The plot itself is interwoven extremely well with Molly's case study, all the fights being both entertaining and character developing, and not only is it the start of the chief resident plots but it is also the beginning of Elliot forgiving JD. (My Score 8/10)

Episode 3

Only on Scrubs could you have a happy ending where two people celebrate a divorce because they love each other so much. Only on Scrubs can a Janitor spread a rumour that the main character is merely a co-chief resident and have it reach coma patients, parents and bosses. Only on Scrubs can the main character invent a game of putting rocks in people's shoes as a form of entertainment. Overall a very good episode. (My Score 9/10)

Episode 4

This episode is quite fun because it has a whole storyline dedicated to Rowdy and Carla actually managing to lose a dead stuffed dog and also manages to continue the Janitor's fascination with squirrels which is also very entertaining. The main plot however is even more terrific because we get to see that every doctor eventually kills a person whether it's Turk, Doug, Todd, Doug, Elliot, Doug and everyone except JD, Cox and Doug, oh wait, he's killed before too. (My Score 8/10)

Episode 5

This is a cool episode, finally Elliot's turn to narrate, first of all she begins to see Molly as her mentor and because of that she tells him what she thinks about Dr. Cox right to his face, which causes him to get mad. But later, Elliot discovers that Molly has no perfect life as she falls in love with criminals, Meanwhile, JD loses her interns' respect when Cox yells at him in front of them and Carla tells Turk that because he always awakes him when he comes home, they are going to sleep at the same time, which causes Turk to lose some nighttimes fun. (My Score 9/10)

Episode 6

This episode is very good, though it was very sad at times. JD's brother Dan coming back with the news that their father had died was obviously a life-changing part in JD's life but Scrubs still makes you laugh with great scenes such as Cox punching JD in an attempt to cheer him up and Dan in the tub, fishing beers out of the toilet. The Janitor making Kelso think he has Alzheimer's was brilliant and a good side plot along with the serious plots of JD's father and Turk's diabetes which both manage to be funny as well. (My Score 8/10)

Episode 7

JD finds out Dan and Elliot are dating and pretends to be hurt to get Elliot to be friends with him again. Meanwhile, Dr. Cox and Kelso try to prove to Molly that people are "B*astard coated b*stards with b*stard filling." Also, Turk and Carla both use Turk's diabetes to get out of stuff. Dan tells JD Elliot dumped him and JD goes to Elliots house to tell her he doesnt care if they date. When he gets there he learns they didnt really break up. Elliot reassures him its only a fling. Cox and Kelso start feeling sad for hurting Molly and tell her to cheer up, proving she was right. This was a episode that was just so good from start to finish, (My Score 8/10)

Thread