Thread
Printable Version

Yay!!! I CAN access shows again! YAY

Yay!!! I CAN access shows again! YAY

I'm pretty excited about this!  I know, I know...get a life, right?  Ha ha.  However, I was unable to access shows (individual shows) earlier today and some of yesterday.  I tried it again to watch Boston Legal with the newly posted show.  Success! Eureka!  It worked.

Thanks to all the moderators for responding -- and I'm serious! I appreciate it.  HOWEVER, you guys?  What's going on?  I'm really more curious than I am frustrated...although, when I want to access the shows, I admittedly do get pretty frustrated.  I think its more about me being confused --- because it seems so random, or hit-or-miss about getting access to the individual shows.  Any idea what this hit-or-miss business is all about?

Here's how it works for me (if this helps with diagnostic needs)

I can get access to the website...no problem.... Although I will tell you that in the past, I have had some problems with the site being completely down.  Maybe that's just site maintenances..??

Then, when I have access to the website I determine what category of show(s) I want to watch and choose that.  For instance: House, Boston Legal, Eli Stone, etc.

Then, I determine what season I want to watch.  I choose that one.

Then, I determine what episode within that particular season of the particular series or show I want to watch.  And I click on the individual episode I want to watch.

Here's where the glitch or the problem randomly (or seemingly random -- hee hee since I dont know what is going on)

What happens is that the episode I choose tries to load.  A viewing screen appears.  Then the text shows that the show is being accessed from the server by the use of the text: CONNECTING.

Then, the screen remains black -- and the text changes to DONE

So, I dont have the option to try to play it in real player for the options that real player provides because it doesnt allow it.  

So, I speculate that the server is either overloaded or the site is down in that particular server perameter.

Now, mind you, I am not savvy in techie talk so even if you were to try to explain to me what may or what is happening...ha ha...I would likely not really comprehend it.

Still, can someone tell me if you determine that * I * might be doing something wrong? Or is there something that anyone of you would suggest that I do differently.

LBJEDWARD has been extremely generous, and the other moderators are always (except for one...and you know who you are <GRIN>) so cordial and helpful.  Thank you to whomever sent me a VIP card to help reimburse me for lost points due to either my error ... or to the error of the site.  I have not accessed it yet, and I hope it's easy to do, but I still thank you very much.

I am from a large city and I am used to having choices.  Recently, however, I have had to move way way way out in the boondocks (the countryside, backwoods...way away from EVERYTHING!) and it is sometimes difficult to get some of the shows, entertainment that I really enjoy.  So, VIPTV is a great option for me.  I have a family member who actually lives in a larger city with choices, but due to his hectic schedule he doesnt always have the privilege to watch some of the shows that otherwise would be available at many times on cable or satellite.  We were all having sushi one day and talking about DEXTER.  I told him that he can access this site here with VIP TV and grab it anytime, anywhere.... He was so psyched!  He and his wife were so glad to find this site....and that was during a time when the server was overloaded or whatever the problem was at the time this month.

Still, I'm grateful to have the choice and the opportunity to enjoy this website and it's entertainment.  I do realize that even immersed in a world of technology -- we do sometimes encounter technical difficulties.  It's just not a perfect world...and in the scheme of imperfections..and a perfect world, I acknowledge that there are far more important things in the world at large today to get a beef about entertainment. Ha ha.  Still, I continue to read caustic and harsh words about your team and site and I just want to be sure you understand that I do appreciate your superior service and availability.  Although I am not the coolest kitten I know...I do wonder why people have such need to be so nasty with their complaints.  Still...It happens.  Ha ha.  

Thanks guys!  Thanks for your help, and thanks for your kindness when I do on occasion experience issues with the site.

Take care & ...
... Be Well ...

Bonnie Munro
Texas USA
Recent Ratings
  • casper27 Points +2 For sharing your experiences and helping 10-18-2008 23:48
  • casper27 Treasure +2 For sharing your experiences and helping 10-18-2008 23:48
U were born 2 win: 2B a winner U must plan 2 win prepare 2 win & expect 2 win

Reply 1#1 BonnieMunro's post

I have sent you a pm, see if my solution will help you next time you encounter a problem.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Quote:
Originally posted by BonnieMunro at 18/10/2008 09:12  
I'm pretty excited about this!  I know, I know...get a life, right?  Ha ha.  However, I was unable to access shows (individual shows) earlier today and some of yesterday.  I tried it again to watch Bo ...
I'm happy that it's working for you now, Bonnie! I know how frustrating it can be when it's not working the way it's suppose to.

me too

i have been having the exact same problem for 2 days and am getting very frustrated! I have used the instant customer service thing twice and still have had no progress. The first time I was told that the servers were fine so I spent a lot of time reinstalling realplayer, firefox, etc. the second time i was told it was the servers and please try again later. but it still isn't working!!!

please can i have some guidance on this? it really is very frustrating.

Thread