Thread
Printable Version

The Big Bang Theory Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 3#3 gabsimom's post

Me too.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Episode 2x15 - The Maternal Capacitance

What a riot!  Christine Baranski was priceless as Leonard's mother.  Who would have imagined that he was kind of the "black sheep" of his family?

Her referring to Raj & Wolowitz's friendship as an ersatz homosexual marriage was stinkin' funny.

This whole episode was just hilarious.  Sheldon & Mama Hofstadter singing karaoke made me laugh out loud.

Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

I agree!  Just shows that it's all a matter of confidence.  

Sheldon talking to the Nobel prize winning physicist was funny.  And Penny finding the letters from his Gran and his reaction made me laugh.

p.s. The Nobel guy's name was Smoot...just thought it was a funny name. ;P

This week's episode was a hoot - as usual.  Penny & Sheldon singing sea shanties to make their productivity faster was quite amusing.  The funniest thing was seeing Sheldon after drinking coffee though.  When he came out in his Flash costume, I just about did a spit-take.

3x02: The Jiminy Conjecture

My favourite quote from tonight's episode:

Sheldon to Raj: "Interesting.  You're afraid of insects and women.  Ladybugs must render you catatonic." < me

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Wil's lie was hilarious, and Sheldon's reaction was priceless.

4x02

As brilliant as Sheldon is, he's seems more insane each episode.  I just find the show completely entertaining, and HATE that's it's now on at the same time as Bones, especially because those are the only 2 shows I watch that night.

Reply 6#6 sanggye's post

It's a big reason I'm so glad we have VIPTV too.   I still have my old VCR (I know - DVR is what everyone does now), but if I forget to record a show, or something goes wrong with it - like when the timing gets messed up by a breaking news story or something, I know I'll get to watch my show.  I don't watch nearly as many shows as some of the members, so it irks me when the few I DO watch are all crammed on the same nights, leaving other nights with nothing.  I've been making an effort to not replace too many shows, and I've done well.  Not many of the new shows interest me anyway, but sometimes you just want to veg out, and it's nice to have a place where there's ALWAYS something I like.

Reply 27#27 arksongbird80's post

Just finished watching it, and I LOVE this show!  It never fails to make me laugh, as it's so absurd.

I was expecting Sheldon to tell Amy that she was undergoing the "pon farr" and to suggest she do battle with someone (I saw some teasers & noticed wrestling).   
The fact SHE thought she had flu & Tourette's was hysterical.

Raj & Howard debating over who would be the sidekick between the two of them was ridiculous - as was Howard in that red wrestling suit.

Gotta love a show that makes me laugh every time I watch it.

Reply 29#29 sanggye's post

I don't know that I'd fit RIGHT in.  I'd probably fall somewhere between Bernadette, Leonard & Penny, though I would hope that I am more mainstream "normal", so to speak, than either of the 1st two. lol  I am rather nerdy, but my nerdiness lies in other areas, and not as much in the true sciences, as much as I'd like to understand them.  Sheldon would definitely think I was extremely odd - though that's how he views everyone.

Reply 47#47 sanggye's post

I just rewatched it and laughed out loud, so it hit the mark for me.  

Tina - I agree, Howard was a @$$.

Thread