Thread
Printable Version

The Big Bang Theory Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 6: The Cornhusker Vortex

This was quite a good episode, I liked the storyline about Leonard trying to fit in with Penny's friends who are Football mad, I felt bad for Leonard as I had been in a similar situation before, the best storyline however was the one about Raj getting fed up with Howard always abandoning him every time he sees a hot girl, my favourite scene was the ending of Howard & Raj sitting in the park at the end, I was actually gob-smacked when Sheldon knew everything there is to know about American Football.

Episode 7: The Guitarist Amplification

This was an excellent episode, I found every signal scene of Sheldon trying to cope with/avoid Leonard & Penny arguing very funny, the funniest scene from this episode for me was when Howard & Raj had a massive argument in the comic book store which was followed by Sheldon pretending to be his parents arguing, my favourite scene was at the comic book store when Leonard & Penny made up for Sheldon's sake.

Episode 8: The Adhesive Duck Deficiency

This was a fantastic episode, I laughed non-stop at the scenes of Leonard, Howard & Raj all being high on something while waiting to watch a meteor shower, the best storyline however was of Sheldon having to help Penny who slipped in the bath and dislocated her shoulder, the scene of Sheldon & Penny at the hospital had me laughing until I almost cried, I loved the scene of Sheldon & Penny singing that Soft Kitty song.

Episode 9: The Vengeance Formulation

This was a great episode, I loved the scene of Howard dreaming he was in the bathtub with Katee Sackhoff while having an argument with his mother, the best and funniest storyline was of Sheldon seeking Vengeance against Barry Kripke, the scene from this episode when Sheldon was talking on Live Radio after inhaling helium was hilarious, my favourite scene was when Sheldon extracted his revenge on Barry and a few other innocent bystanders.

Episode 10: The Gorilla Experiment

This was a good episode, I am still finding Howard's mini arguments with his mother funny, my favourite scene from this episode was the beginning when Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, Raj, Penny & Bernadette all had dinner together, the scenes of Sheldon trying to teach Penny some Physics was not as funny as I thought it would have been, I found the end scene of Penny talking all smart during dinner with Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, Raj & Bernadette very funny.

Episode 11: The Maternal Congruence

I thought this was a great episode, the best thing about this episode for me was the interaction that Sheldon & Beverly had with each other, I liked the scene of Sheldon trying to comfort Leonard, the scene of Penny & Beverly at a bar was just hilarious, I almost fell out of my chair was laughing when Beverly kissed Sheldon, my favourite scene was when  Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, Raj, Penny & Beverly all had dinner together.

Episode 12: The Psychic Vortex

This was a pretty good episode, the worst storyline in my opinion me was of Leonard, & Penny having an argument over Penny believing in Psychics, the funniest storyline however was of Sheldon & Raj going to a party and picking up 2 woman called Abby & Martha, my favourite scene was when Sheldon & Raj had their second date with Abby & Martha because Sheldon was wearing those Hulk Hands, the funniest part of  this episode was the ending when Sheldon let Martha stay in his room.

Episode 13: The Bozeman Reaction

This was a brilliant episode, the scene of Sheldon telling Officer Hackett what was stolen made me laugh a little bit, I found it hilarious when Sheldon got trapped in an electrified net that Howard installed in Leonard & Sheldon's apartment, my favourite scene was when Leonard, Howard, Raj & Penny watched Sheldon's good bye tape, I saw the scene of Sheldon being robbed for a second time as soon as he decided to move but I still found that scene funny anyway.

Episode 14: The Einstein Approximation

This was a very good episode, the storyline about Sheldon being stuck on a physics problem was brilliant, I loved the scene when Leonard & Penny slipped on Sheldon's marbles, my favourite scene was when Leonard tried to catch Sheldon who was in a children's play pit fall of balls, the scene of Sheldon working at Penny's work place for free was a little funny, I wish they had shown us Leonard & Howard going on their date with Penny & Bernadette as I'm sure it would have been the highlight of this episode.

Episode 15: The Large Hadron Collision

I though this was a fantastic episode, It was funny watching Sheldon act like a child, I liked Howard's plan about taking Sheldon to Switzerland and then leaving him there, my favourite scene was when Sheldon did a power point presentation for Penny in the Laundry Room, I guessed it would be Raj going to Switzerland with Leonard as soon as Penny & Sheldon came down sick, I would love to know someday just how many stupid and funny Room-mate Rules Sheldon has in place.

Episode 16: The Excelsior Acquisition

This is my favourite episode from season 3 so far, I found the scenes of Raj playing music from his T-Shirt funny because of how everybody else reacted, the scene of Sheldon giving his opening statement in his traffic court case was funny, my favourite scene was when Penny took Sheldon to meet Stan Lee, I did not really find the scenes of Sheldon being in Jail that funny, I actually found the scenes of Raj going on about Stan Lee's character name choices funny.

Episode 17: The Precious Fragmentation

This was a great episode to watch, the scenes of Sheldon, Howard & Raj all holding onto a piece of the Ring to see who gets it was funny especially when Sheldon had a dream that he had turned into a creature from the Lord Of The Rings, my favourite scene was when Penny punched Sheldon in the nose for trying to steal the Ring from around her neck while she slept, I liked the ending to this episode with Leonard & Sheldon fighting over the Ring in bed.

Episode 18: The Pants Alternative

This was a very good episode, the scene when Sheldon said Leonard, Howard, Raj & Penny could be his C-Men just cracked me up, my favourite scene was of Penny taking Sheldon shopping for a new suit, I liked the scenes of Leonard & Raj trying to help Sheldon get over his stage fright, I loved the scene when Leonard gave an impromptu speech at the Banquet but the highlight and funniest part of this episode for me was when Sheldon gave his speech while drunk.

Episode 19: The Wheaton Recurrence

This is my favourite episode of season 3 so far by some distance, It was great to see Sheldon continue his mini rivalry with Will Wheaton, my favourite scene that had me laughing for a couple of minutes was when Leonard, Sheldon, Howard & Raj were all dressed up in woman Superhero costumes, I'm disappointed that Leonard & Penny have broken up but the scene when Penny said Thank You after Leonard said “I Love You” was still funny.

Episode 20: The Spaghetti Catalyst

This was quite a good episode, the storyline about Sheldon sneaking around to see Penny without anyone knowing was OK, I found the scene of Howard talking about his mother over dinner very funny, I liked scene of Sheldon being chased by a Dog but wish they had shown more of the chase, I also liked the scene when Sheldon confessed to Leonard that he had dinner with Penny, I cant help but find it funny how Leonard & Penny treat Sheldon like he is their kid or something.

Episode 21: The Plimpton Stimulation

This was a slightly better episode than the last one in my opinion, I loved Judy Greer's character Dr. Elizabeth Plimpton and hope she returns at some point, I found it funny how Sheldon introduced Penny to Elizabeth, I think Penny overacted to Leonard & Elizabeth sleeping together, I love how Raj tricked Leonard & Howard into leaving his apartment so he can be alone with Elizabeth, my favourite scene was when Sheldon showed Elizabeth around his room.

Episode 22: The Staircase Implementation

I loved this episode because we finally learned how Leonard, Sheldon, Howard & Raj all met each other, I did find it funny how Leonard, Howard & Raj all looked different 7 years earlier while Sheldon looked and acted the exact same way, the scene of how the elevator got broken was the funniest part of this episode for me, I did like how we kept going back to present time once in awhile to see what Leonard & Penny were up to.

Episode 23: The Lunar Excitation

I though this was a excellent season finale, I found it funny when Howard & Raj set up an online dating profile for Sheldon to see if there are any woman out their for him, my favourite scene was when Sheldon met Amy Farrah Fowler because of the look on Howard & Raj's faces, the scene of Leonard drunk and dropping a bottle down the elevator shaft made me laugh a bit, it was great to see Leslie Winkle again who I have strangely missed because of how she always makes fun of Sheldon.

4x02

As brilliant as Sheldon is, he's seems more insane each episode.  I just find the show completely entertaining, and HATE that's it's now on at the same time as Bones, especially because those are the only 2 shows I watch that night.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

I agree, it really sucks that they both are on the same night, it is the same for How I met you Mother (which last season followed Big Bang) it runs at the same time as Chuck.  But that is why I have VIP.TV   

Thread