37 12
Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

funny girl - i totally feel you on the scene being season 1-2.  i so loved that one!  

It was an intense episode... I also wonder who else will make it through the merger?  It will be interesting to see what happens with Sloan & little grey.  I loved their scenes this episode!  0

I just like nurse Olivia and how she was in and out every once in awhile.  Someone stable that wasn't a main doctor.

But I was rewatching the last few episodes and I couldn't help but cracking up at Sloan's scenes.  And then saying aww as he was so tender with Lexie.  Has anyone else noticed his character development?  He seems to be more of a real person with feelings now, not just some sex crazed guy.  He's actually being faithful to the one he loves!

yeah seriously where is the epi??

Yeah April was Hannah in Everwood. I liked seeing her on tv again!  I am going to miss her, for sure!  I wish the Chief would let her back on, but no.

And Izzie is off filming.  That's why she "left."  I'm pretty sure she's on contract at least for this season and will be coming back after 5 or 6 episodes.  And Meredith was on maternity, that's why she's kinda gone for awhile too.  Or all  the shots are of her in bed after the surgery.

about this particular episode.  I really liked it too.  I agree with you teachergirl, great camera angles & switching perspectives!  Poor Alex is correct. i do feel bad for the guy.  And I liked how Christina stuck up for April at the end.  They do need to start getting along at some point!

I miss old Izzie too!  and that banter that you are talking about.  I think they are going to have to lighten up the show sooner rather than later!  Yeah Katherine Heigl is probably with her new baby and filming.

I really liked the last 3 episodes.  They have all been great.  I read some spoilers about the Christina and Jackson Avery hookup and people were all pissed off.  Which brought 2 things to my attention.  1) I didn't realize there were so many Christina & Owen fans. and 2) it totally wasn't even what the spoilers said, it was really a laughable scene and she remained true to Owen.  Sucks for those on the message board who said it was the last straw and they were leaving Grey's because of it! haha  I did see some previews for next week, I won't reveal what they said, but know that the cardio god concerns are being looked into, that's all I will say until Bala posts the preview vids

I also liked how Arizona really got to shine in this episode.  She showed just how a peds dr is supposed to be.  And I love that she saw the kid, and not the 25 million.  and how great was it that the parents called the chief (or was it penis fish guy) a kiss ass. haha  so true.

Alex is really showing peds promise again.  Just like when Addy was around.  I think he is a great pediatric doc and will find his calling there - even if he called them raunchy names in season 1 ...   I don't like that the Mercy West doc is falling for him.  booo.  I do like that they have kept those 3 around tho, to spice things up.  nosedive. haha  that's what my hubby and I call him

Okay off to start the episode guide.  If you all have any changes or suggestions for it, just pm me!  

Yeah I feel like they are focusing on one specific character per show, which is giving it a unique twist.  And I believe Arizona was originally supposed to be on for only 3 episodes, but she stayed longer.   Like Addison (she was only supposed to be around for 5 episodes - and now has her own show!)

Teacher, great comparison on the love word with Callie. I forgot about that scene with George.  Seems like things are finally going right for her.   I love the new hangout place of Christina & Callies apt.  I was trying to figure out why they were all there at the start, til I remembered Christina & Callie both lived there, and that Owen was obviously w/ Christina and Arizona with Callie.  and then Mark and Lexie visiting from across the hall.  It's a great new location, now that Mer's is the married couple's house.  I feel like they will fade a bit into the background.  

I think they are going to focus on Hunt or Alex or Yang soon - or maybe one of the MW newbies.  And each of those would be good.  I saw the previews for this week's episode - it's a shocker!  I love this season and the new life that Mercy West breathed into it!

Do you really think he will get with the mercy west doc?  I think he won't, since he's married and has put so much into Izzie, and all.  But yeah, those shirtless baby scenes were good! haha

And I agree, I'm sick of the Chief being bad!

yeah i liked the one who got written off too.. oh well

ok so i just watched most of the most recent episode live.  and all i can say is wow.  did not see that coming with the Chief.  so sad.  

If you haven't watched it yet. then this is a total SPOILER!!!

I really hope Mer smells his drink and figures it out and tells Bailey.  Augh.  my heart is hurting.  

Once I re-watch the episode & catch the first 15 minutes, I will have more to say.....

but the previews for next week.  uh oh!

I can't believe Mer believed the Cheif, although I was starting to believe him too! haha  I can't believe Sloan is gonna be a grandpa, that is ridiculous! haha

haha good point.  that's even creepier!

Reply 101#101 Teachergirl's post

I got season 5 on dvd for christmas. So I'm rewatching, but I'm sooo ready for more season 6!  I feel ya teachergirl

yeah I wasn't happy with the Lexie / Mark ending.  I think they will make it work -- eventually.  And yes teacher, i think he is confused about being a dad / gpa.  remember how badly he wanted Addie's baby?  And I wonder if lil Sloane will even stay around.  Her last scene ended with "I want my mom".  Will she go back to her mom?  will her mom take her?  And I agree, Lexie needs time to process.

What about Owen & Cristina?  Wow.  My husband was like - what's going on?  This is weird I don't like it. haha  But I loved it.  He was saying - you think you love surgery more than me, but you don't.  and I think eventually, she will agree.  But she was burned pretty bad by Burke, and maybe she hasn't finished dealing with that baggage.

So disappointed in Izzie / Alex. ugh.  It just seemed weird.  

and yes.  I think that Derek is the new Chief.  I hope Izz stays.  I think she will, seeing as we haven't heard any news of her contract being gone.  and I loved the post it business.  too cute.

Spoiler - I heard Jackson Avery (who's dad is the one and only Harper Avery...) is going to have a romance with someone.  I can see him and Izzie, maybe.  I honestly don't think Izzie and Alex will work out.  Too much water under the bridge.  But I do think Lexie and Sloan will make it.  I hope so, at least!

Okay so let's remember that it was Avery who ticked the gunman.  Not Christina.  She probably would have gotten shot.  I think she and Owen are back on - but I'm sad because I was kinda rooting for her and Avery. He's just a cutie with a sweet heart!  As for Mark & Lexie -- I really hope that is back on.  She said she was with Alex, but he was asking for Izzie.  So Lex needs to step aside, he's not ready for her anyways.

Sad about Mer's baby.  Derek didn't even know.  

Also, I heard Avery & Kepner are regulars next season - which I'm stoked about.  I was sad when she was gone for awhile. haha I liked her on Everwood.  Anywho, I think she had a nice bonding moment with Mer, and will get over her little thing for Derek.  Crazy ending though.  I liked that there were no major cliffhangers, thank goodness for that!

Yeah that Callie thing was a total Bombshell.  But everyone can't be happy right?  That's what makes for good drama! hahaha  Good to see Yang back too, but yeah, weird that she didn't ease in.  I think she is the type who would just jump right back in tho.  Like whatever it was snapped and she was back in full.  She isn't the type to take it slow!

I actually liked this episode, I thought it added to the drama.  Although, I will say that some of it was too cheesy.  maybe they should have left it with just a few songs, instead of the whole thing.  you know?  but yeah, some of them could not sing.  And very very odd about Addison not being there for the birth.  I mean, I know they needed to develop Arizona's character, but really.... why did they even bother having Addison come at all?  Maybe she will be there later on?  I dunno.

37 12
Thread