Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 94#94 babysexylexy's post

"Medical Barbie"?? Ha!

Reply 103#103 shinny's post

I think they could be cute together, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Lexie-Mark. I hope they finally work things out! But, I'm thinking we're going to get a Lexie-Avery-Mark triangle for a while here.

Callie was right, though - as a once-pregnant woman, people really do try to tell you what to do all the time, as if being pregnant somehow makes you public domain!

Reply 109#109 bala's post

Yes, I definitely think Meredith is the most probable out of all of them for Chief Resident. She handled everything badly. Felt badly about the man dying so suddenly.

Do you think the Chief's wife has Alzheimer's?

Reply 114#114 codebreaker's post

Yes, me too - I was thinking "oh lord, Grey's, you're not really going there are you??!" Ha!

Yes, Shinny, I too love Henry! It's obvious they're eventually going to have the two of them like each other for real pretty soon down the line...a cheesy writing decision that I'd be fully behind!

Reply 117#117 bala's post

Ha! No, not too much sexy going on, except what's left to your imagination of what goes on behind the doors of those doctor nap rooms =D

Reply 119#119 bala's post

How boring! ;)

Reply 126#126 codebreaker's post

Predictable car accident scene. And Callie didn't have her seatbelt on...ugh.

Still not really liking Avery and Lexi, but happy Bailey and nurse Eli are happy!

Reply 137#137 bala's post

I agree with Shinny - it was dramatic enough without the damn singing, which I only found boring and distracting. I found myself not really caring one way or another about Callie, I JUST WANTED THE SINGING TO STOP lOl!

I also noticed that the acting was HORRIBLE in this episode: namely Mark, Lexi and Owen (aggh, I just could NOT stand his singing!!!). Crocodile tears, Mark!! The singing just seemed to make everything even more melodramatic than it normally is - and normally it's already on the edge. This pushed it over, and for no good reason.

There were also a whole lot of inconsistencies in this episode. For example, why on earth would Addison not be the one they call over to save Callie's baby instead of bringing Arizona over to save it???? Why on earth would they bring Addison in anyway - she didn't sing!!? Also, it's a musical -- how stupid was it that they all were wearing their surgery masks through some of the most key songs?? I couldn't even tell who was singing.

Blech. Episode for me, 1-10 was a 3. And the only reason I didn't give it a 1 was because Sara R has a good voice.

Reply 142#142 shinny's post

YES I DID notice that!! And it made me cringe!!!

Reply 156#156 shinny's post

I agree, big ol' freakin Alex mouth. He really does suck sometimes! I also think Mer was in the bag as Chief Resident, until now. She'll probably be suspended - but perhaps it's better this way considering otherwise I have NO IDEA how they would've handled both their jobs plus Zola!!

I agree with arksongbird: Teddy really is an idiot! Both with the way she's handling Christina and the way she's messing with "insurance guy." LOL!

I'm wiling to bet that the job is going to go to April!!

Reply 161#161 kellemanske's post

Yeah, I think April sticks a little *too* much to the rules to do a good job. Actually, I think Alex may get the job, since he turned in Mer.

Ugh, no, not another season of a fighting Mer and Der!! I hope they get Zola back - honestly, I didn't like the idea of a baby in the storyline in the first place, but I don't like the idea of a whole season of sadness over a last baby (including my own crying like a lost soul, as at the end of this episode!) either.

Fingers crossed!

And Yay for Avery showing his stuff!

Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

I'm just happy Derek and Mer aren't really fighting anymore - was afraid we'd have to survive another season with them fighting!

Alex drove me nuts, yet again, but I'm glad he had April there to get his back. I hope they'll start listening to her sometime soon!

Also, I mbelieve that Lexi (the actress) is on maternity leave.

Reply 25#25 arksongbird80's post

You're welcome! The actress. And they could at least have acknowledged her not being on the show, like a simple "Hey Lexi's on vacation" or something!

Reply 28#28 bala's post

Good episode, even though it was man-centric ;)

Avery is definitely growing on me as a character. At first, I found him to be just a pretty face, but he's got more depth now. It's interesting to see him and Karev becoming friends, too.

I have this feeling that sometime in this season, Kepner and Karev are going to hook up!

Reply 38#38 arksongbird80's post

Exactly - Mer is the only one who can deal with how ridiculous Derek can be!

I've been waiting for Kepner to get some respect - I guess the deepening of her voice was the secret!

Reply 43#43 bala's post

It was so unlike Christina to let Kepner do all the work, I had a feeling it was her "final test" she'd be passing. 'Bout time! She and Meredith getting drunk during the baseball game was pretty funny - especially when Mer stood up to Bailey - nobody stands up to Bailey! But I have a feeling they are going to make great progress on the trial together now.

Reply 45#45 bala's post

Yes, she's definitely learning - she's sort of been at a stand-still since Burke left, because she was so high on herself. She's finally figuring it all out!

Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Alex does surprise us every now and again!

Reply 59#59 codebreaker's post

Poor Teddy, poor Cristina, poor Scott Foley!

Just one comment on the ambulance accident: um, SEAT BELTS? They knew they had a (high) risk of being hit, wouldn't you think they'd put their seatbelts on!!?? Ugh!

Thread