Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 278#278 themegababe's post

No, that John Doe thing I did not see coming- (ok, I knew from spoilers!) it was the army enlisting thing I saw coming.

Reply 282#282 studiojek's post

I too had the feeling that while it looks very final for George, it may not be for Izzie. She was still on the elevator, he stood there as if he was waiting for her. Looking at the actors, I think TR Knight really wanted to leave while Heigl may not be so sure yet.
I personally could live with both of them gone. George did not have much of a storyline this season and if there is one thing I hated, really hated in the past season it was the Izzie sees dead people thing with Denny. So yeah, I could do without. The only reason why I'd like her to live is for ALex's sake. But beyond that? Nope. He really did learn a lot but did you all notice Yang? She HUGGED Meredith! Wohoo. ;-)
In a way they all grew up a bit- which is good.

Oh and I meant to ask- it cannot be a legal marrage if you write stuff on a post it and sign, right? So they're not legally wed yet, are they?

I thought so. In larger hospitals here they have a priest- if the same existed in the US they could have gotten married in the OR! LOL Actually, Mer Der are not the usual wedding type couple- so when Izzie planned it all I felt bad because it was just not hte right event for MerDer.

It was sad they actually felt they had to kill George when it would have been better to just have him join the army but that's GA....

Oh dear- George with a new face would be worse than Izzie making love to a ghost... But didn't they say his arm was crushed too? Lookng what the injured shoulder did to Burke- would any surgeon be able to work again after having his arm crushed under a bus? Unless he turns into Bionic George I think his surgeon days are over.

I think they had to have the izzie cliffhanger because it was nto sure whether heigl was going to stay or not. From what I read online it does not look that good. Personally, I'd be ok with that. It's not the kind of show where you have one big central figure, I mean, not even Meredith is that much of a star.

LOL, it really tells you all there is to know. Good clip......... I miss the show.

I am excited too. It feels like ages............

Waiting for the new episode........

Ok, still waiting and sooooooooo curious! I hope it will be here tomorrow.

Yay! It's there! And what an opening sequence. Loved it!!!!!!

Interesting episode. Anyone know how long the new people are expected to stay on the show? I would not mind seeing some new faces. But I was also sad to see Nurse Olivia be fired- she was one of the regulars like Jo the barman that I liked seeing from time to time.

Good! I like the new faces. It was about time. And I don't know about all of you- but I am glad there is an end to the izzie drama. (Is she gone for good? or is it a back door to return again???)

No doubt about that one....... but really, I had too much izzie drama. I was never all that fond of George but I thought that he changed for the better under Hunt and I personally think it might have been easier for all the fans if he had just gone off to war. I mean- the accident and all just served to keep up the speculations and the cliffhanger things for the IZzie drama. Sigh.

Poor Alex. He has just rotten luck and I've grown quite fond of him- maybe he can meet a sane woman for a change? First Ava, then Izzie..... dear me.
But I think it was about time they introduced some new faces. Welcome change.

I liked the camera angles, the change in perspective- it was well done and interesting to see it all unfold. And I think it was a problem that they did not work as a team- noone was really in charge and could have maybe checked if April did all the tests.  
Poor Alex really seems to be fallng apart.

Well, I loved the old Izzie. But the I see dead people Izzie........ not that much.   I think the whole Denny thing..... it was nice to see him back a few times but then... overkill.
I *knew* the girl who played April- I just forgot which show- thanks for reminding me! You guys always get those details right- like the set they use to film Eastwick.

Reply 59#59 studiojek's post

Yes, the Izzie of baking cupcakes, rescuring the doe, that sort of thing. In a way I miss the feeling of the first two seasons- the banter between Addison and the various guys...... that sort of thing. With the merger and all it is so gloomy and panicky.

Exactly, there was too much gloom and sadness and bad things- and the merger does not help. I hope for some happier moments or a funny patient or something. Just to stop all the dark and twisty-ness.

Thread