Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/ ... s_interns_gone.html

Interesting clips. The last one with Izzy..... the schizophrenia idea sounds plausible to me.

http://www.greysanatomyinsider.c ... neak-previews/#more
No episode this week........ still trying to make sense of the Denny storyline. I do not like it. I SO do not like it. Hahn disappearing too quickly, Sadie appearing (why!??????!?!?!) and Izzie going bonkers? The only thing I really liked about the Izzie Denny thing? That look on Mer's face when she heard the sex sounds, saw Alex, did a mental check adn yelled "DEREK!?!?".

Well, I did not really enjoy the recent episodes. Bits and pieces were ok but in general the storylines are so weird it is hard to keep following the show and not think they're pulling my leg all the time. I hope they will resolve the Izzy storyline soon.

Reply 182#182 bala's post

I sure hope so. This is one of the worst storylines ever.

Reply 184#184 bala's post

You're right. This season PP is WAY better than GA. Strong storylines, good twists and turns without being tacky or just mad. GA used to be a good show but this season? I had some hopes earlier on but at the moment........

Yes, I too felt that with the recent episode Grey's was on the right track again. It is a really good storyline with the inmate and the decision that both Mer and Der have to take and I really enjoyed meeting his mom. And Mark/Lexie and all that- it was good.
And at least Izzie broke up with Denny though I wonder if he will go away.

Well, poor Mark. The same thing happened to a notorious tv star over here a few years ago. It will be interesting to see if Lexie soon wants to be open about the relationship and go public.
Izzie and Denny, no comment. Can someone please operate on her quickly and save us all from drama? What is this storyline anyway- fishing for awards?
Funny enough, I too reached for the old episodes and started the first season two days ago. I am now into the second season and wholeheartedly agree that it was amazing. All the Addie and Derek sparks- Satan speaks etc..... I love the old seasons.

Really looking forward to the crossover.

There were some clues about it a while ago, that it is not a tumor but something wrong with her brain still. Whatever it is, I wish we could be over and done with it already.

Ok, this is going to be an odd question- with the crossover thing- which one do I watch first? PP or GA? Will it matter?

Well, the Izzie thing is getting weirder and weirder and yes- when they had that thing with the test results I immediately thought "Bet they switched the tests!"
I somehow had a feeling that we would not get the proposal last week- writers would always come up with twists and turns for that couple. But the rose petal was kind of sweet.

I like the crossover and I think it is not over yet?
Best thing: Bye Bye Sadie! Good riddance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But.... wasn't SHE the one who did the test on Izzie? And told her that she was only anemic? If she is so clueless about it all- eh, isn't it possible she made a mistake?????

It was a good crossover. I was not that fond of Archer in the first place so if the worms had invaded his brain for good it would have been fine with me but it was sad with Jen and how Derek tried and yet could not reverse that first surgery. It was also interesting to see how Addie realised he's not her guy anymore. As for the fight? Did not see it coming but it was good. All in all- Sadie gone, Izzie knows something is wrong..... not bad. I had my doubts about the proposal anyway- I mean- that would be way too happy! After all- it is Meredith we're talking about.

I'm back! A family emergency kept me away from the forum for a few months and I am slowly slowly catching up on the shows- I just finished the 100th episode of Grey's. I totally totally did not see this wedding coming. I liked the episode but I am wondering if Izzy can make it. I highly doubt it after seeing her like that and with Denny back.

It was a good episode. In a way this WAS the perfect wedding for Meredith because she didn't have to be the bride. And I mean, it was more of Izzys wedding anyway. If someone planned it all and I'd mainly do it because I want to do it for her..... no really, this was the wedding I really wanted to see. Alex has matured so much. I really liked seeing him this season. His speech was really fitting because a vow with "in sickness" and "til Death (or Denny) do us part".... it would SO not have cut it.
Of course with Heigl and rumors that she might leave... and seeing Izzie so sick at the end of the show- it makes you kind of wonder what's REALLY in store for her character and I for myself doubt she's going to be in the next season. As for George- he's a good Trauma surgeon  and all but he hasn't done a lot in the last few episodes. So... I think he might leave for greener pastures- heck, he might even join the Army to really do Hunt's job.
Back to Mer again- she seems quite sane and grown up lately- not at all dark and twisty.

With Ellen Pompeo pregnant....... there could be a whole new twist and maybe they HAVE to get married soon! LOL But really, the whole wedding the way it was planned, it was so not Mer/Der. I always pictured they'd get married in an open air ceremony on Derek's land overlooking Seattle and having the reception on a ferry boat.

Well, it's the finale tonihgt, right? EDIT: Shoot- it's May 22nd.......another week!!!!!! It's going to be interesting but I think I want a spoler first just to know if Izzie lives or dies. I do not really care all that much about Izzie but I have a soft spot for Alex and the poor guy just has rotten luck with women. Rebecca, then loving Izzie while she fell for Denny.... and now it's quite possible that he'll lose Izzie too. Poor guy. He's come a long way from the jerk he was in season one. In a way, I liked George a lot more at the beginning and wasn't that into Alex- but now it is the opposite.

[ Last edited by Teachergirl at 5-14-2009 17:04 ]

Hey you're right! According to the ABC website the final IS tonight. I read somewhere it is on the 22nd. But tonight is MUCH better. I'll have to wait for after the weekend since I have theatre tickets for tomorrow evening and I go there straight from work. So my Grey's final will be Saturday or so. If anyone sees it sooner than I do, please post a spoiler if she lives or dies. But seeing the clips online I think we may not even find out. It oculd end with her having that surgery and then showing her unconscious with ominous medical background noise or Denny or whatever.

Well, I did manage the first episode and I have read the spoilers. The second episode will have to wait until tomorrow because there's just one hour  on my lunch break and I better not return all teary eyes and explain that it's because of the GA finale.
I am surprised that they not only had George join the army but also be the John Doe patient. I think the end of the first part of the finale pretty much convinced everybody that that's the exit for George on the show, leaving room for return visits.
But the way things are right now? I think George isn't going to make it. As for Izzie, I am not sure either. It was quite a cliffhanger.
But it would nto be GA without that. I was kind of disappointed that the last season ended with not much of a ciffhanger but with the MEr/Der happy ending- so I knew it would be way more shocking this year.

George enlisting was not a big surprise for me- I kind of expected it- with him working closely with Owen and hearing how good he is with trauma cases- I kind of expected it, especially with one of the spoiler clips showing the guy with the leg who wants to go back. I had a feeling that he'd exit the show like that. I did not even in my wildest dreams expect the rest.
Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-15-2009 12:48  
George joining the army is a big shock to everyone and Izzie had the brain surgery but started to suffer short term memory loss but she remembered the argument with Alex but the ending with a double c ...

Thread