Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This episode is actually called "I saw what I saw"

It was a good episode but she didn't die because they didn't work together as a team. She died because April got distracted by the guy with the axe in his chest and forgot to check her airway. So, that kind of annoyed me. Granted it all went crazy after she missed that step but she didn't miss it because they weren't working together as a team, so for me they didn't really make that point well.

I think it's shame she's gone because I actually liked her character. More than the other girl (I forget her name).

But, I guess the aim of this episode was to bring them all together.

Did anyone else find it ironic though when Bailey's father chastised her for being on her own at Christmas and he'd left his wife behind?? Lol !

The Sloane thing is funny. He was freaking out at being a Dad and now he's going to be a Granddad at 36, haha. Lexie the Step Granny !!

Great to see Kim Raver in the show. I really liked her as Nico in Lipstick Jungle.

Time Warp

I agree with both Studio and Bala on this one. I don't think Ellis was particularly mean, she just never should have had a child. She was never cut out to be a mother and hence how she treated Meredith. There are lots of women, in the past and maybe still even today (but not so much) who have children because that is what they feel is expected of them. Unless you want a child, they will only become an inconvenience. Society tends to frown on parents (maybe not openly) who don't want to have children. Friends of my Brother and his wife don't want to have children, they decided. I don't know how many times I've heard people saying to them "Maybe you'll change your mind" - But why should they? That's their decision. At least they have the courage of their convictions to know they'd couldn't fully give to having children.

My personal opinion, by the way, is that if you do become a parent, then the child should be both of your priority, everything else becomes secondary. So it's a major commitment to make and shouldn't be taken lightly. You are shaping how a human being is going to turn out, that's fairly significant!

Perfect Little Accident

What I liked most about this episode is to see Richard coming back on form. Mark can't deal with his feelings so he's burying them by sleeping around; return of the old Mark.

By the way, Lexie's hair is horrid blond!! She needs to go back to being a brunette !! lol

I just watched both episodes together.

I'm glad Meredith went to Owen about Christina. They were friends before any relationships and extremely good friends too. Interesting now the Teddy heard the whole thing.

I'm glad Sloan made his feelings for Lexie known, but I feel sorry for Alex. He's just literally put himself back out there.

Loving Miranda's new guy. He is very cute

Amazing Finale, simply Amazing.

Reid getting shot was had a major impact. Wow!

McBaby didn't last very long though. Poor Mer, her happiness was short lived. Well done Christina for doing such a good job and with a gun to her head part of the time!

Lexie loves Alex, but Alex still loves Izzy. Uh-oh, there's gonna be trouble next season.

Miranda was smart, very smart to pretend she wasn't a surgeon. Poor Charles though.

The only thing I found a bit far-fetched in all of this was how long it took S.W.A.T. to get in !!

I really liked this episode. It was nicely done. Can't believe Mary died; that was so tragic. I wonder how long Callie and Arizona will be gone for?

One thing that didn't make sense from a continuity point of view.....they were back in their light blue scrubs!!! They got their dark blue ones last week so this didn't quite ad up.

Reply 40#40 bala's post

Ah, you're probably right. I was watching it in the States last week in a friend's house (I was in New York) and her little boy was distracting us so I may have missed that. Thanks. Makes sense.

I'm so sick of the Christina storyline now. It's done to death, they need to end it soon!!

Loved this episode, I think it's been the best so far this season (for me). I agree arksongbird, it is about time. I was giving out about that a few episodes back!!! Yang is back where she belongs. I think it was a good way to bring her back.

I love Scott Foley (Henry) - I had a thing for him when he was in Felicity!! I hope something happens with him and Teddy.

Agree about Callie, she was right to say those things to Arizona but I want them to work it out too.

This was a great episode. I liked the Callie, Mark and Arizona scenes, they were hilarious. Yep, definite connection between Avery and Lexie! I think they'd make a cute couple.

I really loved this episode because in a lot of ways it was back to basics. I think the focus on the pit was really good this time.

Wouldn't it be a little cheesy if Edel ended up having Alzheimer's too? I'm hoping it might be something else. I think if they are clever enough, they'll make it something else!!

And Henry is back. I love his character!

My take on this is the singing actually took away from what could have been a very dramatic episodes. There were hints of it when they weren't bloody well singing!

And as musical fan, I just could not reconcile the two together. Bad!

What I think she should have done was left this episode alone, it was dramatic enough and didn't need this. She could have written an episode where by they all got chemical poisoning or something like that and started to hallucinate and then enter the singing. Would have been better for it to be stand alone and nothing to do with what had happned in previous episodes!

[ Last edited by shinny at 4-3-2011 00:23 ]

Oh and did anyone else notice in the scene where Derek, the Chief, Mer, Adi, Miranda and Teddy are all arguing and Owen starts singing "How we operate" they all looked like they were going to burst out laughing? Especially Patrick Dempsey!! It really looked like they had to do that take several times and just ended up going with that one! I'd say they found it hard to do those scenes. Acting all serious and some boyo in the background is singing his heart out. Lol Here's the video of it again. Jump to about 12 seconds

Alex has a big mouth!

I thought that whole thing with Avery was a bit silly really. Very unbelievable.

It was a pretty good season finale but I do think it's a bit lazy just to, in one episode because it's the Finale, undo everything from all the previous episodes.

The plane crash storyline was obviously very sad with only one survivor.

Yay for Teddy and Henry. Now I am pleased about that. I knew she couldn't leave him! I just hope they develop that storyline next season and not just have Henry become ill and die à la Izzy and Denny style!

Reply 166#166 minnieholly's post

Past story lines very rarely mean anything for future ones. They'll write what gets them the viewing figures next season.

Really enjoyed the 2 episode Season 8 start. The end was so sad, poor Mer and Der.

Quote:
Originally posted by studiojek at 9-24-2011 17:17  including my own crying like a lost soul, as at the end of this episode!
Well, as the saying goes, "here's your sister" - I was a mess, haha. At least you have an excuse with being pregnant!! It was sad though and I agree, I don't think I can take Mer and Der fighting, again!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. How could they get rid of Scott Foley??? Ah well, at least I'll see him in True Blood next year!

Thread