Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

It was a good crossover. I was not that fond of Archer in the first place so if the worms had invaded his brain for good it would have been fine with me but it was sad with Jen and how Derek tried and yet could not reverse that first surgery. It was also interesting to see how Addie realised he's not her guy anymore. As for the fight? Did not see it coming but it was good. All in all- Sadie gone, Izzie knows something is wrong..... not bad. I had my doubts about the proposal anyway- I mean- that would be way too happy! After all- it is Meredith we're talking about.

I've just managed to catch up with the last 4 episodes (it's amazing how quickly you can fall behind!)

Anyway, I agree with cshapiro about Derek's reaction. It was majorly over the top. I guess though that Grey's is more about the Drama and less about the Medicine and I think if you accept that then it doesn't seem so bad.

I'm glad that Izzy has finally realised something is wrong with her. At last !! So, is it going to be related to the mole? I mean, how would melanoma make you hallucinate? Maybe they can relate this some how, but I guess it will be something extremely unusual. Or did the Dermatologist Dr find something else underlying? I guess we will have to wait and see.

I haven't watched PP yet so it was nice to see Addi back. I thought it was a bit insensitive of Derek's friends to be talking about the song that he wrote for Addi when they got married. It's like, get over it, they are not together anymore !!

Sorry cshapiro but I found the fight scene hilarious!! Totally over the top and all, but I still found it funny. Mark picked a bad time to tell Derek, that's for sure. However, I think it was a bit extreme of Derek to warn Mark off Lexie in the first place.

This show is totally over the top and like cshapiro said I found the "you're a murderer" comment ridiculous, as well as Bailey's suddenly wanting to become a pediatric surgeon. Bala's right though, we do need to remember it's just a show...I guess nothing on tv is really REAL, not even documentaries if you think about it. I am trying to take the show with large doses of grains of salt!!!

As for Izzy, the most probable thing seems to be a brain tumor, but Shonda Rhimes has denied it time and again.

Reply 222#222 shinny's post

What most people don't realize is melanoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system.  The damage to the skin becomes a melanoma upon taking hold of the lymphatic system or a lymph node.  In some cases the cancer can start in the lymphatic system and present as a melanoma after invading the nodes.  As such, melanomas can cause CNS symptoms.  Melanomas also affect the melamine that make up the mucous membranes around the body and that would definitely cause CNS and brain involvement, but survival from that type of melanoma is rare.

Well i kind like Derek drunk he was right medieth has always wanted an out he gave it to her but baseball bat using the ring was a bit overkill we get the point i bet in next episode he go looking for the ring

It was a great Eps and I do hope that Derek and Mer get things worked out. Derek is only having a nervous break down and I think the only person that can bring him out is His best friend.

Izzy confiding in Cristina at the end is amazing. It will be cool to see how Cristina handles it.

Reply 226#226 carlorica's post

she freaks out because she's only that know based on the promo

Reply 226#226 carlorica's post

I also hope that Derek snaps out of it soon. I wonder if they will finally convince him back to surgery to operate on Izzy?

That was a great scene of Izzy telling Christina. Yes, Christina is a robot, but I think she will have a hard time with it.

Reply 228#228 studiojek's post

i can't wait for next episode

Grey´s Anatomy 5x18

Wow I'm glad now everyone know about Izzy but the interns romantic complication was a bit odd because this is first time we are hearing about it. It funny how medith and george didn't want to deal with it until bailey them.

Derek, well i liked got everyone depressed until Medith gives him Izzy case, that convenient way of getting him back.

can't wait   for next episodes

This episode was EXCELLENT!! It brought me back to the early greys years!!

Derek's delve into depression is being well done! and i love that hunt and callie sticking around in the woods drinking beers and wallowing in their past failures while Bailey was thinking of axe murders and such.  The chief and derek's exchange was moving and once again perfect!  

The Izzy story line - I was so happy that Christina said something and is forcing Izzy to actually fight for her life and except help and support from her friends!!

The interns - i think that's just a way to keep them in some kind of story line. and also show that the original interns are maturing - cause it use to be them messing up - and really it still is

I totally agree with Bala I can't wait for the next few episodes

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

This was a great episode. I'm glad it's all finally out there and being dealt with. This story dragged on a little too long!

Of course Derek was going to go back, it's in his blood and something I doubt he'd ever be able to deny.

I agree Kim, about the intern storyline and them trying to keep them in the picture. I just think they could go about it a better way. Besides Lexie there is no relationship for the viewer with the other interns, so we just don't care about them.

The scenes with Callie, Hunt and Derek were good but the scene with Derek and The Chief was just great.

Reply 232#232 shinny's post

i think they could done a single interns episode instead than aired this episode

Grey´s Anatomy 5x19

Well this was great episode i got admit christina really surprised me i mean getting strangled in her sleep and she still trust me something i will never understand until the ending which didn't surprise me. i hope derek can help him. . i like derek elevator scene with Meredith that was sweet.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-27-2009 12:55 ]

Reply 234#234 bala's post

Yes the elevator scene was great but the family of the old lady that was given a month to live 3 years ago they couldn't wait to go but when see passed away they didn't want to go i could see that happening

In fairness, you can't really blame Christina for backing away. Would you want to sleep with someone who might strangle you in your sleep?

I have to admit that I'm kinda going off McRambo. Not because of this and what he did to Christina, but just his character in general. Hopefully we'll see a different side of him now that Derek is trying to help him. Although, I think he needs cognitive help also.

Reply 236#236 shinny's post

I'm not blaming her i think she was right but she did stuck it with him as long as she could take it

Reply 234#234 bala's post

Alright, I admit it: I cried so much through these past two episodes haha!! I'm glad Izzy got help and Derek's back in the hospital, and the elevator scene with Meredith was great -- though when she went to see Christina afterwards it already looked on her face like she was having 2nd thoughts. Ugh! Anyway, now our season finale will probably be a Mer-Der wedding! =)

I think the actor who plays Alex (sorry forgot his name) did a great job this episode, and I found the last scene with them laying together really touching.

This episode also reminded me of how much I love Bailey!

Sorry I've been gone for awhile guys. We moved and internet was intermittent, and I was way behind on shows!  but hopefully I will be around a bit more.  I just watched these final few episodes a few days ago and they were excellent. I also loved the elevator scene!  And yeah, Karev (Justin Chambers) was amazing!

IT WAS ABOUT TIME! That was a really sweet "proposal." I loved when they mentioned Katie Bryce -- it kind of reminded me of the ending of the code black episode when Derek goes to Meredith's and she complained that she can't remember their last kiss and he told her every single little detail. It's the little things that count.

I really hope that with Derek's help, Owen will get better. Poor Cristina.

I wonder how Meredith will when she finds out about Mark and "little Grey."

Thread