Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Really looking forward to the crossover.

Reply 201#201 Teachergirl's post

i know me too!  I actually just found out about it today from the preview during Private Practice and it made me excited!  It looks like it is going to be drama filled!   Something happens to Archer (Addy's brother) and Derek is the only one who can save him.  I'm also pretty sure there was a voice over that had Sloan saying he's going to propose.  But you know you can never really trust what they advertise in the previews   I just hope this whole crossover doesn't take away from the fact that I still want to know whats up with Izzy!  Shonda denied the brain tumor rumors so then what is Izzy dying of?

There were some clues about it a while ago, that it is not a tumor but something wrong with her brain still. Whatever it is, I wish we could be over and done with it already.

Reply 203#203 Teachergirl's post

I agree!  They have dragged us along too long now!

on a side note:  I was watching a film the other day starring Jeffery Dean Morgan, and for some reason i keep thinking of him as not really being real because of the whole denny thing It didn't affect the film much, i just though it was funny.

Ok, this is going to be an odd question- with the crossover thing- which one do I watch first? PP or GA? Will it matter?

Reply 205#205 Teachergirl's post

not really but you could watch grey's first

Grey´s Anatomy 5x14

Ok just bad luck Derek had the perfect plan but Addison had to interpt it and i can't wait to see her reaction when he tells her he is going propose to medieth

Reply 207#207 bala's post

I was hoping that for once they wouldn't make us wait out the drama and when she opened the door she found all those flower petals still there and Derek on one knee! I should know the GA writers by now, nothin' comes easy!!!

So I still have NO idea what's up with Izzy. Maybe it's not physical, maybe we're going to find out she has some sort of psychological problem??

Reply 208#208 studiojek's post

My theory on Izzy is that she has cancer and the clinic patient is anemic and Sadie just got the tests switch.  Izzy was way too relieved to only be anemic.  Plus you don't die from anemia so it doesn't explain the Denny thing!

I am really upset that they tricked us into thinking this was the crossover and it wasn't!  That is false advertising!!!

Well, the Izzie thing is getting weirder and weirder and yes- when they had that thing with the test results I immediately thought "Bet they switched the tests!"
I somehow had a feeling that we would not get the proposal last week- writers would always come up with twists and turns for that couple. But the rose petal was kind of sweet.

Episode 15 Before and After

This was a good episode i liked the way they figured out how to do the brain surgery

Reply 211#211 codebreaker's post

Private practice was better part 2 with confession

you should watch greys before PP.

Grey´s Anatomy 5x15(1)

Well Sadie is gone which I'm happy about it,  look like izzy game taught George that she wasn't suitable for the program and Meredith realise she was cheating but she's gone

The brain surgery was awesome i loved how last worm popped in Archer brain and derek find it in  limited time before he died.

Izzy is showing sign but we don't know what she's suffering from but Alex figure it out his talk with addison in private practice shows something as what it is on his mind.

Christina finds out truth about her boyfriend -it was great to see Lily allen as guest star

See part 2 of this review on private practice

I like the crossover and I think it is not over yet?
Best thing: Bye Bye Sadie! Good riddance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But.... wasn't SHE the one who did the test on Izzie? And told her that she was only anemic? If she is so clueless about it all- eh, isn't it possible she made a mistake?????

Reply 214#214 Teachergirl's post

next week the conclusion

Reply 209#209 imarielle626's post

Anemia is one of the most misunderstood terms in medicine.  Anemia is not a diagnosis, it is a complex of symptoms.  There are over 30 different types of anemia and each one indicates a different set of possible pathologies.  Not investigating minor anemia is one of the most common errors of inexperienced physicians.  Even simple iron deficiency can indicate serious marrow problems and be the first sign of several types of cancer.  Even this is a gross oversimplification of things but I don't want to bore you any more than necessary.

Reply 216#216 cshapiro's post

Well we don't mind

Grey´s Anatomy 5x16

Another great episode remind me why I'm not doctor losing patient is hard but that fight between Derek and Mark was best fight i seen on the show

This show has gotten downright silly.  To begin with, you don't just become a pediatric surgeon on some whim after you have finished your residency.  You need to begin rotations in your third year to qualify for the fellowship after you sixth year.  It is by far the hardest program to get into and you need certain extra credentials to apply.  It is very different from adult surgery and the skills and knowledge are very different .  Liking kids isn't enough.   I am sick of everyone on GA having no control over their emotions.  Everyone's reactions are so extreme.  Derek may have caused a problem with a patient and now he is ready to cut half her brain out.   A whole lifetime of training and convictions out the window in one stressful moment.   Who does that?!  Mark just has to sleep with the one person his oldest friend told him not to but just can't control himself(it seems the whole intern and attending problem isn't an issue at Seattle Grace anymore).  Then two grown men have to punch each other because they are stressed and have no control over themselves.  Even the reaction of the husband isn't normal.  I have been a surgeon for 15 years now and I have never seen anyone call their doctor a murderer.  I have had to tell people that they lost their child more times than I like to think about and nobody ever had such an extreme reaction.  I have had people blame me but never have they called me a murderer.  It just doesn't happen.  I also think the Anne Franke comment was in very poor taste.  I don't see any humour in the comment at all.

Reply 219#219 cshapiro's post

it's a tv show after all remember

Thread