Thread
Printable Version

Firefox-3 Free Download

Firefox-3 Free Download

Firefox 3...If you download/update make sure you run the addons, that pop up after it runs (one is a Real Player plug-in). You may have problems with Real Player if you skip these. Click below for free download

Can you elaborate on what to do with the add ons?

Reply 2#2 mchughkr's post

the add ons are little pieces of software that help other programs run with firefox you can search for add ons useing the tools option at the top that will let you know what you need for your own pc.
The Mod Police Are Watching You

thanks for this

I'm reluctant to go to Firefox 3 because I get these 2 warnings about problems 1. Real Player Browser Record Plugin 1.0 2 VideoDownloader 1.1.1 Should I go ahead ? If so, what exactly do I have to do to avoid problems using Real Player (already a dog to use) ?

Reply 5#5 econnors's post

Try uninstalling both real-player and earlier versions of firefox including folders left in the c drive under program files and then re-install both again with firefox first and then real-player

Reply 5#5 econnors's post

I'm still reluctant to mess with Real Player, Firefox or Vista (ugh). I have enough annoying problems with all 3 programs. What is VideoDownloader ? I can't find it on my computer

Reply 7#7 econnors's post

I am running vista - firefox 3.0.1 and real-player 11 with now problem except for the real-player plug-in

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Thanks codebreaker What does the Real Player plug-in do or affect ? What does VideoDownloader do or affect ? Can anyone answer these 2 questions ?

Reply 9#9 econnors's post

Sorry in is not a plug in it is a extension but it is only the record pop up and i don't know about Video Downloader it is not in my system

econnors

For years I was pretty much hooked on Netscape, until they started getting arrogant and putting people down when they asked why there was no more Mail and News. I didn't try Firefox until I discovered a game I played on-line kept looking funny in IE, so I reluctantly tried Firefox. I now have 3.0.1, and I tell you go ahead and download it. It works well, and it has never crashed or locked up on me, unless there was a site problem. You have full control of all plug-ins and add-ons, there is a large list available, and can disable any if you change your mind after installing any of them. Like you, I hate Real Player, I find it clunky, almost as bad as Quick Time. I use VideoLan as my default player for most video, no codecs to search for. However, as a plug-in for FireFox on sites like this, Real Player works quickly, and seamlessly. You will not be sorry for using the combination.

Thanks for the head up.

Thread